HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

It comes from the surveys and rumors. Some are saying 10 Houses and 10 Scare Zones (20).

Let's start some Show speculation here. The rumor last year for RHPS was that it was on it's last year of a 3 year deal, so it should be gone this year unless they renew it.

Now some are saying that B&T will be gone this year, which I doubt right now as it has been part of HHN since 1992. So to not have it be part of the 20th Anniversary would be a shame!, if there are plans to get rid of B&T, I say start something new for HHN 21.

I also hope for some sort of Main Stage show, either on the Bowl Stage or the Temporary Stage. A "History of HHN" 360 show would be great also to break up the crowd and lines a little.

If they do end up doing the 10/10 configuration for this year, I just hope the houses and sz are all quality. Because I'm all about quality versus quantity!

We've never watched RHPS since it's inception, so if whether it comes back or not doesn't matter to us. (Once you've done the real deal at the theater with a live cast, anything else just doesn't seem the same...) It would make sense to me if they would keep B&T alive for the 20th anniversary, it would be nice to see a recollection of the past 17 years of the show as a way to celebrate it.

I agree with Mark that a 360 show showing the highlights of the history of the event would be a nice treat, I enjoyed the Sweet 16 360 show.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires this year, the 20th anniversary opens the door for so much!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they do end up doing the 10/10 configuration for this year, I just hope the houses and sz are all quality. Because I'm all about quality versus quantity!

We've never watched RHPS since it's inception, so if whether it comes back or not doesn't matter to us. (Once you've done the real deal at the theater with a live cast, anything else just doesn't seem the same...) It would make sense to me if they would keep B&T alive for the 20th anniversary, it would be nice to see a recollection of the past 17 years of the show as a way to celebrate it.

I agree with Mark that a 360 show showing the highlights of the history of the event would be a nice treat, I enjoyed the Sweet 16 360 show.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires this year, the 20th anniversary opens the door for so much!

I cant confirm but im pretty sure were getting the 10/10

Edited by Quiksilver

10 and 10 is a lot...

I do hope qulaity is the focus and not just a 20 number...

Even with last year the SZ were small... I can't imagine more... unless the use the largely neglected back half of the park.

Adding Amity back seems like a no brainer. Get rid of the pumpkins (which I'm tired of anyway) and you have another SZ... maybe one between kids zone and Simpsons?

I really hope the lagoon show comes back I thought the 16 one was awesome.

Edited by JWFearman

10 and 10 is a lot...

I do hope qulaity is the focus and not just a 20 number...

Even with last year the SZ were small... I can't imagine more... unless the use the largely neglected back half of the park.

Adding Amity back seems like a no brainer. Get rid of the pumpkins (which I'm tired of anyway) and you have another SZ... maybe one between kids zone and Simpsons?

I really hope the lagoon show comes back I thought the 16 one was awesome.

I like the Pumpkins, with some new audio and lighting Sequence, it could really freshen it up

Edited by Quiksilver

I like the pumpkins, but I wouldn't mind if they weren't there. I wouldn't be too upset about it, especially if a quality scarezone was put in Central Park instead.

I agree, the Pumpkins were nice in 2008, in 2009 it was old already after the first couple nights going. I rather see a good Scare Zone in Central Park along the lines of Harvest of Souls or Troupe Macabre.

I rather see a good Scare Zone in Central Park along the lines of Harvest of Souls or Troupe Macabre.

Yeah I mean the pumpkins were top-notch in 2008 and syncronized to go off with the Bloody Mary audio. Last year was the same audio... minus the Bloody Mary. It also seems people can't help but destroy them. They were cool but three years would be a bit much.

Harvest of souls and troupe were both awesome. It would be awesome to see another good sz there again.

On a different note: I don't think Nazermanns will be used again as the one building is just so small... Do you think, with 10 SZ and last years sneak peak, we will see sting alley used?

Edited by JWFearman

On a different note: I don't think Nazermanns will be used again as the one building is just so small... Do you think, with 10 SZ and last years sneak peak, we will see sting alley used?

I'd think it'd be too cluttered. But hey, Universal's surprised us before, right? :P;)

I agree on Nazermanns not being used. IMO, its just too small of a space, even with Sting Alley and the Starbucks building.

I dont think it will be used as a separate scarezone (like what was said above, it'd be too cluttered), but I do see it as part of a larger scarezone (i.e. Deadtropolis in '06).

Is there even room for 10 scarezones and houses? I mean, some areas street wise have to stay open, or should stay open. Like areas in front of the rides exits and entrances. I don't see them putting scarezones in front of them, but I could be wrong. However if they do decide to keep those street areas open, they'll surely need to at least close one ride that's been here the past couple of years. Which one(s) would you want to go? And am I mistaken that there aren't many places to place the scarezones?

On another note, did anyone else think the souvenir cups from last year were severely lacking? I mean, I didn't drink the beverages served in them, but the cups make a good keepsake and I adored HHN18's. What happened to the cups? Do you think they'll do what they did last year with the logo in the greyish box? That screams unoriginal/lazy to me.. Here's to decent cups this year! :)

Just my two cents.

I hope Sting Alley is used in some capacity, either standalone or part of another Scare Zone like Deadtropolis was. It's just a neat little area to walk through with some nice places to hide as a Scare Actor.

I'd like to see them keep the pumpkins somewhere in the park, just because I'm one of those people who loves to actually see Halloween oriented things like jack-o-laterns at a Halloween event...for me it adds to the ambiance. If they could use the pumpkins in Central Park, that'd be a unique look for that area since it seems to get lost behind the vendor carts that flank in on all sides during the event.

If the number of houses and scare zones is increased to ten each I see a drop in quality coming. I just don't see them expanding the budget to accommodate. Least we not forget, at the end of the day this event is about profit margins, and I just don't think that two new houses and two new scare zones would increase attendance enough to justify the expenditures.

I could see them "adding" these new areas without, well, really "adding" anything. Just rearranging. Or, if they just dust off old scare zones, houses, well, that wouldn't cost much aside from additional payroll.

I'm with the others here regarding quality versus quantity. Don't give us poorly executed and themed areas just to bump up a number. The attendees won't buy it.

I'd like to see them keep the pumpkins somewhere in the park, just because I'm one of those people who loves to actually see Halloween oriented things like jack-o-laterns at a Halloween event...for me it adds to the ambiance. If they could use the pumpkins in Central Park, that'd be a unique look for that area since it seems to get lost behind the vendor carts that flank in on all sides during the event.

Here is an idea. Keep the pumpkins in the trees, and have Field of Screams/Harvest of the Souls as the Scare Zone. That would be pretty wicked.

If they could use the pumpkins in Central Park, that'd be a unique look for that area since it seems to get lost behind the vendor carts that flank in on all sides during the event.

Here is an idea. Keep the pumpkins in the trees, and have Field of Screams/Harvest of the Souls as the Scare Zone. That would be pretty wicked.

those are BOTH top-notch ideas!

So these scare zones are an enigma to me. I figure the houses will be "best of years" but will the scare zones be the same? If it is to be a collection of the best scare zones of the past then this is my pic:

Midway of the bizarre - We've had 8 incarnations in the past and you know we will have clowns... So why not bring the best clown scare zone back. It's a crowd pleaser!

Toxic City/ Apocalypse Island / Deatropolis - since they are all virtually the same (give or take) and we all love zombies...

Field of Screams / Harvest of Souls - I really want to see Field of screams' corn idea done without a hurricane. MZ's idea to combine harvest of souls with the pumpkins from the last two years is awesome. Basically a harvest/scarecrow/pumpkin type area.

Horror wood - Had three incarnations AND it was the very first. It is a HHN staple

Blood and Thunder Alley - We need a scare zone that epitomizes HHN 15. I really like the whole crazy biker aspect of 15 Maybe combine all the aspects from 15 into one scare zone?

Fractured Tales - Was a crowd favorite. Could add aspects from Treaks and Foons (like that messed up bunny with the noose)

The Skoolhouse - Another favorite. Would like to see that awesome house again.

An update of the "Horror Comes home" scare zone - Just adding more from the years since 16. Maybe call it "Screams of the Past" or something like that.

The Streets of Blood Revisited - Who doesn't want to see the Collectors again?

If we don't have a PsycoScareapy house (Which I'm sure we will), a scare zone where the inmates are loose in the streets. (would be good in NY area) Something like "ShadyBrook unleashed" or something.

If we are having new scare zones:

I still think a black and white scare zone would be awesome.

A "creatures of the deep" scare zone or S.S. Frightanic (CFBL, octopi, seaweed, buoys, etc.) I would love to see the buoy from Fritanic come back.

I'd have to think of some more but that's all I got right now.

Edited by JWFearman

Now THAT would be an amazing combination! I would absolutely LOVE to see a Field of Screams/Harvest of the Souls style scare zone pop up again. In my opinion, two of the best scare zones over the past 19 years! EXCELLENT idea Mark! (Who do we need to send that to to make it happen?! LOL) :D

those are BOTH top-notch ideas!

So these scare zones are an enigma to me. I figure the houses will be "best of years" but will the scare zones be the same? If it is to be a collection of the best scare zones of the past then this is my pic:

Midway of the bizarre - We've had 8 incarnations in the past and you know we will have clowns... So why not bring the best clown scare zone back. It's a crowd pleaser!

Field of Screams / Harvest of Souls - I really want to see Field of screams' corn idea done without a hurricane. MZ's idea to combine harvest of souls with the pumpkins from the last two years is awesome. Basically a harvest/scarecrow/pumpkin type area.

Horror wood - Had three incarnations AND it was the very first. It is a HHN staple

Blood and Thunder Alley - We need a scare zone that epitomizes HHN 15. I really like the whole crazy biker aspect of 15 Maybe combine all the aspects from 15 into one scare zone?

Fractured Tales - Was a crowd favorite. Could add aspects from Treaks and Foons (like that messed up bunny with the noose)

The Skoolhouse - Another favorite. Would like to see that awesome house again.

An update of the "Horror Comes home" scare zone - Just adding more from the years since 16. Maybe call it "Screams of the Past" or something like that.

The Streets of Blood Revisited - Who doesn't want to see the Collectors again?

If we don't have a PsycoScareapy house (Which I'm sure we will), a scare zone where the inmates are loose in the streets. (would be good in NY area) Something like "ShadyBrook unleashed" or something.

If we are having new scare zones:

I still think a black and white scare zone would be awesome.

A "creatures of the deep" scare zone or S.S. Frightanic (CFBL, octopi, seaweed, buoys, etc.) I would love to see the buoy from Fritanic come back.

I'd have to think of some more but that's all I got right now.

Jeramy,

You've pretty much covered everything I would love to see HHN 20 encompass if it's going to be a look back over the last 19 years of the event! It makes me giddy thinking we could potentially see some of these conceptions in October... :D

With these rumors floating around about a kid-friendly event at IOA, I would love to see this happen because HHN could stop having all the family-friendly elements, and they could go all out. All the kids would be at IOA, and the adults/young adults at Uni. I could see them making HHN raunchier and more terrifying than ever.

Edited by Matt

With the rumor rampant that there will be 10 houses and 10 scarezones, that is 20 scareacter areas for HHN 20, I think it would be rather cool in that case if 19 of these represented each of the prior 19 years specifically and the 20th (hopefully a house) being an entirely new concept for 2010.

Therefore in homage to the classic chainsaw pumpkin logo which debuted in 1992 at HHN 2 I hereby suggest the CMT stalking through the pumpkins in the Central Park area. They could actually wear the beloved old logo as insignia.

I agree with hush.. Keep the pumpkins somewhere. Even if there's a scarezone underneath, they still should be at HHN. They definitely set a good ambiance.

That's why we get along so well sweetie....great minds think alike! ;)

I fell in love with those pumpkins, so it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see them used again in some way, shape or form!

Therefore in homage to the classic chainsaw pumpkin logo which debuted in 1992 at HHN 2 I hereby suggest the CMT stalking through the pumpkins in the Central Park area. They could actually wear the beloved old logo as insignia.

Now THAT Jimmy is an absolutely AMAZING idea right there!!! A wonderful combination showing homage to the classic, keeping the pumpkins and giving Central Park the props it deserves during the event...LOVE IT! :D

See, its ideas like this that make me wonder why we all don't get hired as like say, 'creative consultant'.

See, its ideas like this that make me wonder why we all don't get hired as like say, 'creative consultant'.

I think we've all been wondering that for years now...LOL ;)

Black Void: Because we don't all look like goons in tight suits, geeky hair, and a degree that says, "Just because I have this, doesn't necessarily mean I know what I'm doing!" hahahaha

If need be I can dress up to look like a goon in a tight suit; albeit with my degree, I paid attention in college, so therefore, I technically would know what I was doing...LOL