HHN 2015: Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home

Grindhousehero13

Why do I feel like this is going to be the same exact damn maze as 09?

Disappointed. Was really hoping for a full series maze instead of part 1 again. Ugh.

Sad to say, but Michael Myers is lowest on my most anticipated list now.

same logo, relive?  I had a feeling this was gonna rehash Life and Crimes I'll wait for more info tough but so far it looks like the same thing.

Is it selfish to be a little excited because I only got to go through this once in 09? ill be optimistic but I don't think much will change. Maybe a few new elements they've perfect over the years or in Orlandos version.

yes... Yes you are... I kid I kid

I only went through 09's version once as well, but I remember it vividly because it was an amazing maze that I've been able to rewatch on youtube over and over again. And that maze already took some creative liberties, so it's hard to imagine this maze topping that. I'll go through it because I do love Halloween and obviously curious, but my excitement is pretty low. Good news for everyone that went '10 and after though.

How is it paranormal?

In the panel, it was mentioned that the facade will be the run down broke Myers house when laurie is a teen but it will be like you are in the Myers house when Michael was a boy so it will be like you are walking back in time through the house like they are ghosts... I know the "paranormal" is very vague but it's some what has to do with ghosts ... here is the facade btw

image.jpg

• Like 1

Here's some of the main things mentioned in the panel.

More Ghost Myers

It's based off the 1st Film

They will use peppers ghost effects for some paranormal scenes.

We will start off in the Myers house and end in it.

Dr. Loomis' voice will guide us through the maze.

There will be a very brutal scene involving a dog.

We will see the Silver Shamrock  commercial and the H3 masks.

We will witness all the murders from the film.

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by the paranormal aspect of this maze. It really looks like that seems to be a common theme for this year. First Crimson Peak, then Insidious, now Halloween. Even TITE ties into that theme. Murdy even hinted at an alien entrance scare zone. Forget about walking dead and terror tram lol. 

Here's some of the main things mentioned in the panel.

More Ghost Myers

It's based off the 1st Film

They will use peppers ghost effects for some paranormal scenes.

We will start off in the Myers house and end in it.

Dr. Loomis' voice will guide us through the maze.

There will be a very brutal scene involving a dog.

We will see the Silver Shamrock  commercial and the H3 masks.

We will witness all the murders from the film.

1. More ghost Myers? Does he mean this?

ab03940506a9c2296860a1118ba029ea.jpg

If so did not know there was a demand for it. (This is a legitimate question btw)

2. Be Based off the first film.

Again? Why? Did he not like the way Life and Crimes came out? I thought it was pretty good.

3. Pepper's Ghost effects.

For people who don't know it's the same trick they use in The Haunted Mansion So far only thing that seems new the maze and promising.

4. start and end in Myers house.

Again?

5. Brutal scene involving a dog.

Okay.

6. Season of the witch commercial and masks

Again?

7. We will witness all the murders from the first film.

Again? I thought they were all used?

8. Silhouette of Michael's first kill?

Again?

Dont mind me being a wet blanket guys lmao I'm glad you youngin's get to see this who did not in 09 but sh*t man for someone who seen the original maze this a carbon copy with a new paint job. It'll be a good maze that last one was but I'm let down. 

• Like 1

I'm so with Grind on this. It sounds literally 90% the same exact maze.
It starting in the Myers house and ending in it is new though. Before it ended in Laurie's house, or whichever was the final house in the movie, if I remember correctly.
It definitely seems like some more liberties are being taken though, so that sounds good.
I really don't understand why they didn't at least put part 2 in there, it technically is the same night. That would change up at least half of the maze.

I'm excited for this maze.  I honestly expect this to be MOTY.

It starting in the Myers house and ending in it is new though. Before it ended in Laurie's house, or whichever was the final house in the movie, if I remember correctly.
It definitely seems like some more liberties are being taken though, so that sounds good.
I really don't understand why they didn't at least put part 2 in there, it technically is the same night. That would change up at least half of the maze.

don't fix whats not broken

Don't get me wrong it was still a very well done maze  and I loved it but I personally feel slapped in the face as someone who has been going since 2006, especially the way they are acting like it's never been done here in Hollywood. 

That being said I'm still going in it and gonna have a blast but would of been cool if they at least took more from the other movies or waited for the sequel next year. I figured they would pull this if they brought it back this year but I guess if it's not broken you know... meh.

The first maze is in my top 5, if not my top 3. I'm really curious to see how they'll reach that caliber again. The main thing that made the first maze so good was the cast was very innovative and the scares were sometimes 6 inches away from your head. I have a feeling they'll have less control this year and the scares won't be as in your face (they haven't been since 09, honestly) due to the wimp syndrome most guests have these days.

Watch, right now it's "they said something mean, get rid of it," but every year, I swear things get less intense, probably because of "complaints."

Dont mind me being a wet blanket guys lmao I'm glad you youngin's get to see this who did not in 09 but sh*t man for someone who seen the original maze this a carbon copy with a new paint job. It'll be a good maze that last one was but I'm let down.

I love the blonde girl in that video. She is just not having it. Girl would have the most gruesome death in horror movies, I'm sure of it.

If any idea is used from Orlando, I hope it's the strobe scene with the multiple Michaels. I really wanted to see that in person. Also, here's hoping we get a video of Jamie Lee Curtis walking through the maze. God, please!