HHN 2015: Halloween: Michael Myers Comes Home

Grindhousehero13

While the maze will be similar to the original one, it's going to be different in a sense. The asylum won't be used, the garage scene will be, they're doing a scene with the dog, and the end will be very similar to Orlando's manniquien hallway. 

I'm excited to go through this again, but let's face it. When they did it, the planets were aligned perfectly with the cast to make it legendary. I seriously doubt it will be as good as '09's, but I think this will still be pretty good. 

Murdy said during the panel that he'd be interested in doing the Hospital scene from Halloween II in the future.. also, one big difference that no one has pointed out is the Smith's Grove asylum scenes from 2009 are not in this maze..

What?! why did he not do it now? this is bonkers! The Hot Tub kill would of been cool! it's not like most of this maze has not been used yet, odd choice now I'm really getting the feeling they are pretending 09 did not happen.... 

I love the blonde girl in that video. She is just not having it. Girl would have the most gruesome death in horror movies, I'm sure of it.

yeah I was laughing at that too haha.

What?! why did he not do it now? this is bonkers! The Hot Tub kill would of been cool! it's not like most of this maze has not been used yet, odd choice now I'm really getting the feeling they are pretending 09 did not happen.... 

Something tells me that Murdy has plans on taking us through Haddonfield again after this year..

If this is the start of a new trilogy of Halloween mazes or something, then okay, I'm not so mad anymore, but they all better be vastly different! haha

Fun Fact: I actually worked with the cinematographer of the original Halloween on a film recently, so this will be cool to see again from a slightly different perspective.

• Like 1

Fun Fact: I actually worked with the cinematographer of the original Halloween on a film recently, so this will be cool to see again from a slightly different perspective.

You mean to tell me you not only met, but worked with Dean Cundey? :(

You... You, you lucky bastard!!!!!!/Jk

But color me jealous haha

His visuals were my childhood. The Thing, Apollo 13, BTTF, Romancing the Stone. You are one lucky man DTH

You mean to tell me you not only met, but worked with Dean Cundey? :(

You... You, you lucky bastard!!!!!!/Jk

But color me jealous haha

His visuals were my childhood. The Thing, Apollo 13, BTTF, Romancing the Stone. You are one lucky man DTH

Yup! Jurassic Park, Back to the Future Trilogy, Roger Rabbit, just to name a few others :-P
High point of my career as a filmmaker so far, for sure!

Hence the lame title. 

Ah. Makes sense. But still... we could do better subtitles.

• Like 2

Unfortunately I didn't attend the 09 maze I loved AWIL last year so hopefully mr murdy approaches halloween this year in the same way.  I saw on Twitter murdy said we get to go inside micheal Myers room so that should be interesting 

Edited by ahhwhatHhn

After watching the panel, I'm now way more excited for this maze. They know of the first maze, they know how to change it, they know how to top themselves, they're really pushing this paranormal angle which at first sounded lame, but now that I've heard them explain it, it sounds pretty cool. I think this has potential to have the creepy La Llorona factor to up the scares.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm kinda bummed I won't be visiting HHN Hollywood this year (never have been, but wish to go one day) for this maze alone. I experienced Orlando's iteration last year, and, comparing the two based on walkthrough videos, Hollywood seems to excel everywhere except the middle portion.

That large chunk of the maze made up of flat walls with camo painted on kinda ruins it for me

but overall it looks pretty solid with all of the supernatural elements.

Edited by YouDontKnowJack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...