Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

this is sad... Would of been as close as we would of gotten to a Canibal Holocaust maze :(

how would one guys opinion of a movie equal out to it not becoming a maze, I think it should be considered for next year, they have a few different cannibal character, multiple different kills to choose from, the only thing is the whole movie takes place outside and the cannibal scenes are in all one area, but I'm sure they would figure it out.

ill give it to him though, the movie is kinda a piece of shit, but I went to see people get chopped up and eaten and goddammit I got it

• Like 1

A maze on it could definitely work. A GOOD and SCARY maze with enough VARIETY to make us happy? I doubt it.

Plus there's literally two dozen other great properties still yet to be used which are way more worthy, which is why something like TITE is such an idiotic choice, especially when the maze turned out to be crappy as expected.

I'll post a review soon on HHN Orlando and oh man....I kind of hate our event now after seeing their FVJ and 25 Years. I'll post it there soon. 

But I'm going to say I liked our Insidious and Walking Dead more back in Hollywood. 

Furthermore, if we do get FVJ, it BETTER get a sound stage. JP queue won't do it justice. Although knowing Murdy he'll want to save the sound stage for the grand finale of TWD. >______>

• Like 1

So I took some time to consume everything I witnessed at hhn2015 I'm not gonna write a full review but I will say this year was great for mazes insidious is literally my #2 maze of all time now. Tite was garbage a waste of a thought that it would work. And the TT was better than WD previous years but that doesn't say much because it still wasn't good at all. Very boring, and F&F at the end was a mess and a half I wish I had a fotl to get out of the line waiting to go into it lol. JBWZ was refreshing I loved it. The biggest screw up of the night though was the beginning of the night the early entry everyone went in went smoothly for everyone else we of course didn't want to do EE so we waited where we normally wait every year which an employee told us not to wait there then moved us to the entrance by Waterworld then we asked again and they said no this is not the fotl entrance and they moved us back to the turnstiles and we went in got a wristband and sat where we normally wait for the handicapped entrance. Then we asked just to make sure we're right where we're at and nope we were wrong again... back out of the park and to the front of where the Waterworld entrance is by this time we were irritated Cuz every employee we asked had a different answer  (no organization). Then we finally go in any other year since I'm handicapped they put me to the side in front so the GP won't run me over not this time they put me in front of the GP. So to save my own ass I turned around and told everybody behind me that could hear me "if you trample me or push into me I have a cane and am handicapped but I can still knock you the fuck out and scares you worse than any insect in front of us" lol which I can pleasantly say know one got crazy with me lol ush  really needs to organize better it seems like they weren't ready to handle hhn at all this year... yes I will say early entry has improved but now their so worried about EE they forgot the rest of everyone else.

*end rant

• Like 2

I finally went to Hollywood last night, so I have seen both events now and to be honest, I would hold them at the same level for how much I liked them. I eventually plan to sit down and write my review for both after I keep saying I'm gonna and then I don't. Not to spoil what I thought, I will agree with you and say we did insidious and the walking dead better

• Like 1

I'm guessing you're referring to Steve-O, which in that case I agree.

both

I rather see what they are offering and prices than seeing some random kid saying dumb things and not filming anything but his annoying face.

and Steve-O is an example of something cool using a celebrity instead just interviewing someone from teen wolf. 

• Like 1

But I'm going to say I liked our Insidious and Walking Dead more back in Hollywood. 

Pretty sure This is the End is better than Orlando's garbage pile of crap that is our TWD house this year.

But surprised to hear that about Insidious. I LOVE Orlando's, still haven't checked out a video from Hollywood. Might have to now. Excited to read your review, would love some comparisons!

And yes, FvJ and 25 Years are Top 10 of all time houses. Absolutely perfect. 

I meant who the scare actor in Insidious is?

oh my bad Steve-O from Jackass is playing the Bride in Black.

Side note anyone else noticed that this year is not selling out? Out of the 9 days so far only 2 days sold out, and as of now (12:15am..15 minutes after midnight) you can still buy a ticket for tonight's event with only 2 hours left you can still get in... yikes!

Steve-O? He's from Jackass. Those funny movies where a group of friends get together and do stupid and painful stuff to eachother 

Just to cement the fact that I'm 20 something.... it was a TV show that had movies lol

• Like 1

oh my bad Steve-O from Jackass is playing the Bride in Black.

Side note anyone else noticed that this year is not selling out? Out of the 9 days so far only 2 days sold out, and as of now (12:15am..15 minutes after midnight) you can still buy a ticket for tonight's event with only 2 hours left you can still get in... yikes!

Just to cement the fact that I'm 20 something.... it was a TV show that had movies lol

I noticed the tickets not selling as well as they used to.. Wow, this doesn't look good...

There may be some HHN fatigue with how the mazes use the same old scare tactics and with the super long lines to see them not being worth it.

That's the number one complaint I hear.
From people who go every year: "The scares are repetitive and stop being scary by the second or third maze because I catch on, etc..."
From people who are new to it: "The lines are too long, so by the time I'm in the maze, I'm not in the mood for it anymore."

Then there's the higher up tickets, with FOL costing more for less mazes and not being able to repeat, and VIP being gone so there's less perks for those who want them.

All around, the event is getting less and less enjoyable, no matter what ticket there is. I think the event will be a big enough success to continue for many years, but I think there will be an inevitable downfall within the next decade if things continue on this streak.

• Like 2

There may be some HHN fatigue with how the mazes use the same old scare tactics and with the super long lines to see them not being worth it.

That's the number one complaint I hear.
From people who go every year: "The scares are repetitive and stop being scary by the second or third maze because I catch on, etc..."
From people who are new to it: "The lines are too long, so by the time I'm in the maze, I'm not in the mood for it anymore."

Then there's the higher up tickets, with FOL costing more for less mazes and not being able to repeat, and VIP being gone so there's less perks for those who want them.

All around, the event is getting less and less enjoyable, no matter what ticket there is. I think the event will be a big enough success to continue for many years, but I think there will be an inevitable downfall within the next decade if things continue on this streak.

They need to bring back VIP and add MORE shows and mazes.. 6/1 was an acceptable ratio in 2011, it's downright laughable in 2015..

Like what DTH mentioned before, I don't think this has to do with how solid the content is. I think this is more of an issue of what the GP seeing it as a poor value. Higher price, no VIP for LESS content and more repeated themes. Seriously, only two out of the seven haunted attractions are actually new and one of them was a stupid idea to begin with. I can see why its not quite as successful this year. 

Another reason why its not selling out this like it normally is was due to how horrible the crowd situation was last year. 2014 probably scarred people so bad from the bad experience with lines that it probably scared them away. Just too crowded.

If Universal really wants to sell out every night again, they need to invest more into making it fresh. Go back up to seven houses. Bring back VIP. Don't have too many returning themes. If you repeat something, make it new. Bring back Bill & Ted so they don't have to spend a crap-ton of money renting out another performance and that crowds will be eaten up. Make sure people are getting a really good value for what they're getting. 

That aside, its a shame its not selling out as much as I'm sure they're hoping. The content, aside from TITE, is actually solid. 

PS: I'll post my Orlando review soon. 

• Like 1

I agree 100% Freak.

Another thing that could be contributing is the fact that the "Deals" are only online, while it's not a big deal for people like us who plan our next as earlier as November (lol) but a lot of GP go last minute hell last year like 5 people joined us the morning of and bought full priced tickets at the gate. You can get coupons at Burger King but I would of never knew unless I parked in front of one. Remember when Del Taco and Jack in The Box had the coupons and HHN collector's cups? It was mentioned on radio commercial, website, and billboards. Hell you could get a physical ticket at Food 4 Less, Vons, Ralphs, and even Hot Topic for the exact same price as online. Every store in Orlando sells their Horror Nights tickets why did we stop? Make the discounts easily available. Then also the scraped college nights.

Marketing has been terrible (espeacially this year) it's like they relay entirerly on social media and a hand full of billboards

• Like 1