Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2015 Event Discussion

I haven't been on this site in forever, and although I didn't get to attend USH this year (first time I haven't gone in at least 4-5 years!), I did get to go to Halloween Horror Nights Singapore. For anyone curious about HHN 'round the world, they're very different events. While Hollywood is overall a scarier event with more to see and do, Singapore's theming, attention to detail and decor kills USH. I couldn't believe how detailed the sets and costumes/make-up were! And the event was at the pinnacle of creativity. It was a great experience, and it was fun to see how it compared to Hollywood. For anyone interested, I posted a review of USS in its forum page under reviews. Hope I'll be able to be back at Hollywood next year! Enjoyed everyone's reviews of the Hollywood event this year; living vicariously through y'all! I am disappointed to hear that the event (to some) wasn't that great this year... :unsure:

Edited by Brianb14
  • Like 1

Just bought my tickets for November 6th, so I'm REALLY hoping I enjoy the event much more than I did on preview night. Has anyone figured out whether or not Jabawockeez are just doing the photo op and having the other groups perform on the stage inside? 

we were talking to a worker in the city walk universal store and he said everyone keeps saying photo ops but nothing if they are performing or not. Let us know how Academy of Villains do

It's super early, but the rumors have already begun! One of the people who knew the line-up this year has said that TWD and FVJ are a lock for next year. We probably knew that already haha. Supposedly FVJ will be the flagship house going in 747. 

It's super early, but the rumors have already begun! One of the people who knew the line-up this year has said that TWD and FVJ are a lock for next year. We probably knew that already haha. Supposedly FVJ will be the flagship house going in 747. 

I'm not surprised on any of those hopefully Freddy can return as an Icon so we can get back to theming I mean like in 2008 it's easy to believe that Freddy can bring other characters to life in nightmares

No we shouldn't start speculating until 2016.

That's complete bullshit that anything is a lock for next year, let alone the location. What he is saying was already what I and many others would have said when speculation eventually opened up. He did know the lineup for this year, but it's ludacris that things for next year a for certain. Especially when we don't know who the creative director for next year is

Well once again I think both those things are going to happen, even murdy having one more year. But I didn't think they were gonna happen because someone told me they have inside information. I've had those ideas for weeks. To me it's just more speculation as I still think nothing is a lock.

Btw, does anyone think the reason we didn't get FvJ this year is because they "had" to bring back AvP. Anyone who went through the Orlando house knows it needs to be in a soundstage to work properly 

Well once again I think both those things are going to happen, even murdy having one more year. But I didn't think they were gonna happen because someone told me they have inside information. I've had those ideas for weeks. To me it's just more speculation as I still think nothing is a lock.

Btw, does anyone think the reason we didn't get FvJ this year is because they "had" to bring back AvP. Anyone who went through the Orlando house knows it needs to be in a soundstage to work properly 

I think it was John just letting Orlando have it first because it was their big anniversary year. He knew regardless of when it came to Hollywood, it would do well ratings wise.  Plus, they already have two Freddy vs Jason shirts, some towels, mug holders, etc ready so that would save money in terms of designing the merch for that property just like Halloween and AWIL. 

Edited by Arsik_22

No we shouldn't start speculating until 2016.

That's complete bullshit that anything is a lock for next year, let alone the location. What he is saying was already what I and many others would have said when speculation eventually opened up. He did know the lineup for this year, but it's ludacris that things for next year a for certain. Especially when we don't know who the creative director for next year is

I agree A wishful thinking thread will be created when the event ends next week but as for spec Foodstamps is right. Murdy normally takes a vacation right after the event ends although he may have a few thoughts running through his don't think things are locked down (though TWD at this point is locked till Daryl dies and everyone hates the show lol) though with all the people asking for FVJ I'm positive we will see it but the process is nowhere near even signing the paperwork. Spec thread will open when Murdy is set and tweeting code names ect.

Edited by Grindhousehero13

And tears have been shed :'( 

Yeah, this was the thing I said that Murdy told Walking Dead way at the beginning of the event (in the thread where 40 people continuously asked me what it was and I never said >:D).

Pretty much everything that's been cancelled up until now, will never return (B&T, the Barker, Chucky's Insults). 

Yeah, this was the thing I said that Murdy told Walking Dead way at the beginning of the event (in the thread where 40 people continuously asked me what it was and I never said >:D).

Pretty much everything that's been cancelled up until now, will never return (B&T, the Barker, Chucky's Insults). 

Yeah, I didn't want to be a buzzkill with everyone wanting B&T back, but it's gone for good. Like Kursed said, anything that's caused a problem is never coming back.

I really don't understand...

Is Universal really just THAT afraid that they'll cause irreparable harm to their event that'll cause it to not come back again?

I mean, it's been 10 years since the reboot. There's a huge and loyal fan base. There's a GP that clamors for it. Even if with horrible press, I don't think that'll KILL it or get it anywhere near close to dead.

BRING BACK THE SLIDERS FFS!

• Like 5

The problem with the refusal to bring back Bill & Ted is strictly with our park management. IDK if Murdy will want it back or not, but the management is the main culprit for Bill & Ted's loss. Florida still has their show. Why do you think that is?

There's a reason our marketing sucks. There's a reason why management has pulled off so many noobish moves in regards totickets.sThats why they don't offer a pass option with free parking and why they eliminated VIP. Our management is just cheap and absolutely doesn't like to standup for themselves. I hope after Potter opens that Comcast will either clean house or that they'll learn their ways. 

• Like 1

The problem with the refusal to bring back Bill & Ted is strictly with our park management. IDK if Murdy will want it back or not, but the management is the main culprit for Bill & Ted's loss. Florida still has their show. Why do you think that is?

There's a reason our marketing sucks. There's a reason why management has pulled off so many noobish moves in regards totickets.sThats why they don't offer a pass option with free parking and why they eliminated VIP. Our management is just cheap and absolutely doesn't like to standup for themselves. I hope after Potter opens that Comcast will either clean house or that they'll learn their ways. 

perfectly said... Like Murdy said before he's only in charge of the main event the scary. Sure he can hide chicly here or there but it's never his call on shows. But unfortunately we won't see changes in management for a while.

HUGE FREAKIN NEWS!!!!!

1) UNLIMTED FOL RETURNS FOR THE AFTER PARTY!!!!!!!! For $159.

2) College tickets are ONLY $45!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad things didn't work out with buying tickets last night and the gods shined down upon me to wait until today. Thanks theme park haunt gods!

• Like 3