Insidious

JDW

There was an awesome late scare added that I saw last night which wasn't there Sunday night. Totally caught us by surprise. It's a good addition.

I'm so jealous they added it after we already flew back home! That would've been such a great, unexpected scare - especially since it was a trigger activated scare completely outside of the maze. 

The first two scenes, baby's bedroom and seance are the ONLY scenes in the "real" world so to speak... note the blue lantern from the seance table that then appears in every other room of the house. All the rest of the house is in The Further and as has been seen in the films there one can move between different locations and times rather seamlessly. 

Thanks for the info! Makes sense. Wished it stayed chronological, though.

In the Further scene, every now and then there will be black tubes in the middle of the hallway, making it easier to see. Is this for crowd control? As I feel it completely neuters the experience.

The 2 scenes with the mother and Lady in Black from Insidious 2 are my biggest problems with this house. The "If she sees you.." scene with the child is very ineffective scare wise, and the "My name is Marilyn" scene is great with cast B, but Cast A's Lady in Black barely walks out of his hole before going back in, showing literally no effort at all, rendering the scene pointless. 

The first 2 scenes are designed rather weird imo, as they're not amazing for scares. I love this house and it has a LOT of great scares. But much of it, especially the first half, is very time dependent on scares, especially with Cast A in my experience, and that drags it down to the 4th spot on my list. Cast B doesn't seem to have that problem, as whenever I do it during their set they're fucking ON POINT and that's exactly how the house should be. 

• Like 4

can't agree with that on the whole. The 4 scenes i mentioned are meh scare wise, but still work for plenty, and the house is by FAR the most popular/considered the scariest by most guests, with FvJ and M&M right behind it. The house gets more and more intense as it goes on, and especially with Cast B, delivers some powerful scares. If both casts were the same strength, and those 4 scenes I mentioned were reworked, this would be one of the most terrifying houses of all time. It's the lack of consistency that ruins it for me. 

This house creeped me out more so on the tour than it did while it was living and breathing. I think because a lot of things that I noticed while on the tour I couldn't see going through the house and missed. The scariest part of the house on tour was being the first person to look down the empty dark elevator hallway (with doors on either side and toilets etc). Looking down that empty dark hallway was hair raising, you almost couldn't see the end. 

The actors were meh. They didn't really jump out much. The one room where there's sheets over dummies and one hiding actor (or I only saw one live actor) They just stood up and sat back down very slowly and quietly. Similar to standing up for roll call in school. I would've liked it to be more quick and sudden. I was right by it and it did nothing for me and I jump easily too. 

• Like 1

This house is officially the most overrated house of the year, scare actors were trying but it was really evident were they were coming from to scare, some black widows got me, and that very very ending late scare was one of the best of the night. But compared to Insidious at Hollywood 2013, it felt empty. For me even purge was a better house (most underrated) but thats another topic.

• Like 3

Cast seemed quite energised tonight. Got me and my mates a few times. One of the demons followed us through a section of the queue at one point. 

Also has the touchy feely dark corridor always been touchy feely? I don't remember getting felt up last time.

Edited by Necessaryevil
  • Like 1

Last night on my 13th visit to this house, I saw for the very first time what can only be described as, well, um, pubic hair on the Lipstick Demon!

This adds a whole new level of creepy to the house!!!

It has apparently always been there, I just never really looked at the demon's crotch before.

• Like 3

If anybody cares ... If you look at some of the pictures from the UTH tour of the split up drawings in the end of the house, they react to the 3d glasses. It was hard to see in the house because you only see them for such a short time, but they definitely react and I'm pretty sure it's purposeful.

Of course I've looked at my own artwork through those glasses and some of them look like they were purposefully designed to react. 

It's cool that the glasses even work with photos. My ridiculous number of UTH pictures (roughly 2000) looks really cool when I scroll through them with the glasses on.

For some reason my cats look the same though. I guess they're just doomed to be 2d: ( Does anybody have any orange spraypaint? 

This house always gets me, but did anyone else get the lackluster point from Mother in the girl's room, when she comes out of the closet? I always seemed to get her, and it really killed the whole thing for me.

She was my favorite scare in the house. I think her part suffered from her e-prompt, there's only so much you can do when your prompt is "how dare you?" that being said, she would interact with my group every time we went through. When she would come out we would point back at her and say "no how dare you?!" and then she would go back in the closet and pop out of the side to give us a second scare. 

• Mark M. changed the title to Insidious