Which ICON would you like to see host HHN 20?

Mark M.

What Icon?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Thy Fate

• Jack
    • Caretaker
    • Cindy
    • Director
    • Storyteller
    • Bloody Mary
    • The Usher
    • All of the Above
    • None of the Above (New ICON)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though i wouldnt mind seeing Cindy as the main head honcho... why isnt the Terra Queen among this list?.. just a thought

♫ Katz

Just like Eddie, she wasn't added because she was never "officially" an ICON, although in most of our eyes she should of been!

I voted for Cindy, too. I'm not against the thought of referencing or otherwise showing the influence of the other Icons, but they should have their place. If there's an "Icons of the Past" scarezone, then keep them there. If there are houses based on Icons, keep them there. Let Cindy earn her place in the pantheon of Icons, and don't force her to play second fiddle to Jack, the Caretaker or any of the others.

Well I think that Cindy should be the icon, shes all grown up and its time to take

her place, in the new era of HHN. Her first task will be to get rid of that damn Clown.

Then the "others" scramble to either join her or fight her in her quest to rule over them.

Of course she could have her own "friends" over for the party.

This way you can get rid of/lock away any old characters while introducing a new line

of characters for use. sorta like a evil throw down with us in the middle of it.

Well I think that Cindy should be the icon, shes all grown up and its time to take

her place, in the new era of HHN. Her first task will be to get rid of that damn Clown.

Then the "others" scramble to either join her or fight her in her quest to rule over them.

Of course she could have her own "friends" over for the party.

This way you can get rid of/lock away any old characters while introducing a new line

of characters for use. sorta like a evil throw down with us in the middle of it.

I kinda like this idea. It would be like saying, "it's a new decade, so we've got new/original ideas". It's almost like a change of command ceremony (changing of the guard).

• 2 weeks later...

I would gladly take the Caretaker or Cindy; but I seriously don't know if I could deal with Jack being the icon again. Sure he's an easy marketing gimmick, but he's worn out his welcome in my world. The whole "I'm an insane clown and I'll kill you" schtick is something that gets old very quickly...yeah Jack, we get it.

Having Cindy as the icon, I think that would satisfy many longtime HHN fans... ;)

I agree jack has been the Icon too much, But I still love his blood angels from HHN17 carnival of carnage. I too would like to see Cindy and or her dad.

• 4 weeks later...

Even though Jack has been used a lot, he makes a great Host. And he is a big part of HHN's success. He carried the Big 3 very well in 2007 by hosting them in the Carnival. I just don't see Cindy being the Icon as she has never been fully featured before and since this is a whatever type of year you want to call it, Jack is one of the very few Icons who can host. Even though most of us want Cindy as an Icon, I don't think this is her year. Then again I don't even think were going to get Jack as an Icon either. I see everyone being equally portrayed in there own house.

Even though Jack has been used a lot, he makes a great Host. And he is a big part of HHN's success. He carried the Big 3 very well in 2007 by hosting them in the Carnival. I just don't see Cindy being the Icon as she has never been fully featured before and since this is a whatever type of year you want to call it, Jack is one of the very few Icons who can host. Even though most of us want Cindy as an Icon, I don't think this is her year. Then again I don't even think were going to get Jack as an Icon either. I see everyone being equally portrayed in there own house.

I would rather see another "Usher" style format like we did last year, not so much an icon that "hosts" the event, but more the conceptual face of it. Jack is great, but to me he's been WAY overdone. I'm one of those people who got used to having a different face for the event every year, not even a namesake, but an idea. (i.e. '96 Journey into Fear, the eyes and claws character...'98 Primal Scream, the sheet face screaming...) concepts ideas like those, to me personally, lend just as much to the event than an official "spokesperson" so to speak.

I'd be happy this year with a big pumpkin with a 20 carved into it as the "icon"...LOL

I would rather see another "Usher" style format like we did last year, not so much an icon that "hosts" the event, but more the conceptual face of it. Jack is great, but to me he's been WAY overdone. I'm one of those people who got used to having a different face for the event every year, not even a namesake, but an idea. (i.e. '96 Journey into Fear, the eyes and claws character...'98 Primal Scream, the sheet face screaming...) concepts ideas like those, to me personally, lend just as much to the event than an official "spokesperson" so to speak.

I'd be happy this year with a big pumpkin with a 20 carved into it as the "icon"...LOL

Exactly I see it more as just a Logo, hell who knows maybe the logo they used for the Scarezone might be the one for 20. Only time will tell

I agree, I like that more, but again I think we have to remember the GP.

Back in '04 when I first attended, I remember being disappointed at not seeing the guy in the straight jacket (did he ever have a name?) inside the event.

I agree, I like that more, but again I think we have to remember the GP.

Back in '04 when I first attended, I remember being disappointed at not seeing the guy in the straight jacket (did he ever have a name?) inside the event.

Yeap, us hard core fans are a very small percentage of the overall number of visitors that make up the event statistics every year. The general public wants to be able to put a face on the event itself, hence why I think Jack has been used so often.

• 2 weeks later...

I cast my vote for None of the Above, I think it would be best if no prior Icon was showcased over the others. At Sweet Sixteen the four Icons shared the spotlight, but were introduced at the stage presentation by the Lord of Darkness from Legend.

I think it would be appropriate if Darkness were given a larger role this time elevating him to full Icon status, after all where would any of the other Icons be without Darkness?

Otherwise...

... no Icon at all! But a "logo" like Hush has described to symbolize HHN in its totality. Imagine a Jack-o-Lantern with X's for eyes as the symbol of HHN XX!

PS It is my great fear however that Universal will give a preeminent position to Jack, as they have in the past simply because he is the most recognizable Icon for HHN to the general public. It is the bottom line and ticket sales that matter most alas, not the hopes of us few near-psychotically obsessed fans.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I cast my vote for None of the Above, I think it would be best if no prior Icon was showcased over the others. At Sweet Sixteen the four Icons shared the spotlight, but were introduced at the stage presentation by the Lord of Darkness from Legend.

I think it would be appropriate if Darkness were given a larger role this time elevating him to full Icon status, after all where would any of the other Icons be without Darkness?

Otherwise...

... no Icon at all! But a "logo" like Hush has described to symbolize HHN in its totality. Imagine a Jack-o-Lantern with X's for eyes as the symbol of HHN XX!

PS It is my great fear however that Universal will give a preeminent position to Jack, as they have in the past simply because he is the most recognizable Icon for HHN to the general public. It is the bottom line and ticket sales that matter most alas, not the hopes of us few near-psychotically obsessed fans.

That's my thought as well Jimmy...that in order to make the 20th anniversary a huge splash, Jack will be brought back in as the face of this year. Don't get me wrong, Jack is a fantastic icon...he's the perfect symbol of what scares the crap out of most people, he's a clown, he's crazy and he kills people...it's the horror trifecta. And he's the cash cow of marketing for this event.

However it would be nice to see this year strictly being celebrated as the 20th year of HHN...with just like we said, a logo or image to mark the event.

Here's hoping that maybe, just maybe Universal takes into consideration us long term fans and gives us a 20th HHN that will blow our minds!

That's my thought as well Jimmy...that in order to make the 20th anniversary a huge splash, Jack will be brought back in as the face of this year. Don't get me wrong, Jack is a fantastic icon...he's the perfect symbol of what scares the crap out of most people, he's a clown, he's crazy and he kills people...it's the horror trifecta. And he's the cash cow of marketing for this event.

However it would be nice to see this year strictly being celebrated as the 20th year of HHN...with just like we said, a logo or image to mark the event.

Here's hoping that maybe, just maybe Universal takes into consideration us long term fans and gives us a 20th HHN that will blow our minds!

you have to remember that what ever uni has cooked up for HHN 20 it's already planed out, nothing we say here will change the ICON.this event takes a lot of work planning and 4 months out, not much will change in 4 months IMHO

Jim

you have to remember that what ever uni has cooked up for HHN 20 it's already planed out, nothing we say here will change the ICON.this event takes a lot of work planning and 4 months out, not much will change in 4 months IMHO

Jim

Oh that I know...this year was already well planned out before last years event even ended. Nothing we say will have any affect on what occurs this year, but wishful thinking never hurts right? ;)

Jim

Most us know this, but if we never express anything what we wish to see then the powers that be will never know how we feel.

They do change things based on what we say though, all you have to do is look back to 2007's Opening Weekend when everyone started to complain about the lack of Scare Zones and Scare Actors. By the next weekend they added a Scare Zone and up'ed the SA's in the streets.

Jim

Never underestimate the power of the fans. B)

I chose Cindy.

To me, it can be either like the idea previously stated, that the past icons can be her dolls or that they are or always were a figment of her distorted, psychotic imagination or memories of types of people she encountered in her life before her death. And why not, they are usually referred to as their titles and not commonly their names aside from Jack, of course, based off of a handful of people that made an impact but their names had not meant much. It could have been that they became imprinted in her subconscious, and all of these years had been an act of a devilish, overactive, childish imagination that became imprinted on a spiritual level upon her death.

I don't know, it's late and I think I'm just rambling for the most part. How it would tie in as an event as a whole... I dunno, probably the whole doll idea and the mazes are her dollhouses or scenarios she makes up while she plays with them. :unsure:

I still stand by the idea of having Cindy as the icon, it would be interesting to see it played out..

If anyone was ever ripped it was the Terra Queen. The story Teller got all the press but the Terra Queen was the Star...

I say Let the Terra Queen Rise from the depths of Hell on Her evil Bike and RULE HHN 20

• 2 weeks later...

None for me. I liked the days before the icons myself. Not to say that the 200x's weren't good... just not as good as the 199x's were in my opinion. I'd like to see some character images like they used to use on the ads and fliers and go back to being a purely Halloween event instead of a "have to have a story" inspired one.

Sorry for those of you who are tired of him, but Jack has left a lasting impression on my never ending love of Halloween Horror Nights. He's scary, he's psychotic, he's recognizable, he's even funny! That's why he's my pick to host HHN XX.