2014 Hollywood Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Kurseddragon

The only real reason I'm making this thread (other than the fact that it hasn't been created yet) is to give myself props for going out of my boo hole to scare somebody, doing a 180 and face-planting into a corner of the tomb. It was hilarious, and I laughed, and a lot of people saw it. It was great, but they were all good sports and I gave a thumb's up and they were like, "Ayyye."

Oh, and also Clowns, there was a two-scare room. I was walking alone (since they had some malfunction or something and I cut everyone with my powers), and one person pops out with a trigger, which made the other scare aware to jump out as well. He assumed there was more than one person 'cause he just jumped out, delayed, with a sword, and kinda just stood there with his sword out like, "Hah. :D I got you! Wait..." It's hard to explain, but I laughed for like the next three rooms.

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 2

FDTD, Dracula, and Face Off were always working hard for the guests (even during repeat visits). The dark "Santa" with the long, gruesome tounge walked up to me while I was drinking a hot chocolate, stroked his tounge, and acted like he stuck his finger in my drink to stir it! CLASSIC! Haha!

The VIP scarezone crew did a great job interacting and scaring the guests. Scareactors, you rocked!

Edited by AsylumSB

Yay for Face/Off. :D

Also, I was walking through Mask-A-Raid on break and one the scareactors walked through the fog and scared an Asian guy. The guy was SO surprised, he just wouldn't stop saying, "WHAT!? ...WHAT!? THAT WAS SO PERFECT!.......... WHAT!?" Was in complete shock-and-awe at how the scareactor came out of nowhere and got him.

• Like 3

I'm an extremely hard scare and I just wanted to say props to EVERYONE, all mazes and SZ for being on your game on EP night, as well as opening weekend. Friday and Saturday I brought groups of friends in, a mixture of difficult scares and very easy scares, the crew in face off was on their game, tried, got scattered people in my group and when I was attempted to be scared and it didn't pan out (I know that awkward feeling if going for it and it just doesn't happen), you guys backed off and went after others in my group which DID pay off.

I will say, thanks to having worked in the haunt industry for 14 years now, I'm desensitized to EVERYTHING, I'm an extremely hard scare, BUT, Face Off, FDTD and AvP were the ONLY mazes that backed off me after one (sometimes two) attempts at a scare. It bugs the heck out of me when people continue to try and scare me and it goes from "haha you're funny following me all determined" to "you're ruining my experience if just walking and watching". So THANK YOU to those SAs in those mazes. As for SZ, dark Christmas tongue Santa was awesome, mask-a-raid was super interactive (at least with my group, two people actually danced with two SAs), and TWD backlot and Terminus got some in my group pretty good (my best friend tripped and fell backwards I believe in Terminus).

Anyways, keep it up guys!

• Like 1

All the guys and girls in Dark Christmas were on fire, the little elves got me a lot! Dracula, the only maze to make me scream from a scare, right after the hoard attack, I thought it was awesome! Face off everyone was on point, especially you Kursed. From Dusk till Dawn amazing work, especially Santanico after s*** hit the fan in the Twister. And before also.

All the guys and girls in Dark Christmas were on fire, the little elves got me a lot! Dracula, the only maze to make me scream from a scare, right after the hoard attack, I thought it was awesome! Face off everyone was on point, especially you Kursed. From Dusk till Dawn amazing work, especially Santanico after s*** hit the fan in the Twister. And before also.

Lol.

That last Twister scene in FDTD is one of the best rooms I've been in so far. The energy especially from Satanico is intense.

That actually means A LOT to hear. I kind of hate my spot in the room, so it's cool to know people like it. Thanks!

Edited by Rops

He's Razor Charlie in the Twister aftermath

Yeah. It's a cool character and everything, but between the body, Santanico, triggered chainsaw, there's a lot of distractions for guests and I just have a corner hidey-hole. About half the time guests don't even see my double and me pop out. But as long as the room's getting a solid response, that makes it worth it.

Yeah. It's a cool character and everything, but between the body, Santanico, triggered chainsaw, there's a lot of distractions for guests and I just have a corner hidey-hole. About half the time guests don't even see my double and me pop out. But as long as the room's getting a solid response, that makes it worth it.

I had a room like that when I did Black Sabbath once. It was really bad, since there was no trigger... The guests went in the opposite direction I was popping out, so they rarely saw me. Plus, the black curtains in front made it hard to tell if anyone was coming, and I couldn't wait until they got in front of me, because in front of me, their backs were facing me. So I had to walk straight up to the black curtains and look for shadows in the distance, but the curtains were so high off the ground, guests could see my feet before I could see them. It was just overall bad placement. D:

And totally disheartening and waste of energy popping out to nobody.

Although, to be fair, that was my second night working ever, so I was too scared to stay out and try to really put in an effort to scare. Lol. If my pop out didn't work, I'd just go back in and try it again.

Edited by Kurseddragon

Kursed, where were you in Black Sabbath, I actually enjoyed that maze, probably because I'm a fan of their music so seeing it come to life was cool.

I only did it one day. I was in children of the grave. Two scares in the long room with blue and Orange walls and nothing but a piece of dead grass on the floor for scenery.