Halloween Horror Nights 24 Discussion

JDW

Always thought they should add some context to the story within the queues. It can only add to the experience; whether it's audio, visual, or simple imagery.

I would love for HHN to use the skeleton key concept for us die hards next year.

Do you mean the 2005 movie or an actual skeleton key?

Uni knows better than to give diehard fans skeleton keys. We would never leave and snuggle with the Xenomorphs.

Do you mean the 2005 movie or an actual skeleton key?

Uni knows better than to give diehard fans skeleton keys. We would never leave and snuggle with the Xenomorphs.

I'm assuming he means what Knott's did last year with a "skeleton key" add on to your ticket which could be purchased and gave you access to a extra room in the mazes. Kind of like a express pass plus bonus scenes.

I've been 3 times and have enjoyed the event overall this year, but I feel like there could be a bit more themed environments around the park. the scare zones are decent, but it would be nice to have the lagoon show & projection on MiB back and just more creepy music around the park in general.

yeah videos in the queues and videos playing in the lagoon would be nice, but it's just more money they have to spend, and it wouldn't really add much to the event since the only thing that people care about are the houses.

Yes I am referring to Cedar Fair's concept. At their haunts, there is an express style pass called the skeleton key. In addition to skipping the line, there is an extra pre-show room where characters give you the back story to the maze.

I'm considering going to King's Dominion this month. I'll def be buying the skeleton key pass and will report back.

yeah videos in the queues and videos playing in the lagoon would be nice, but it's just more money they have to spend, and it wouldn't really add much to the event since the only thing that people care about are the houses.

If they really cared about the houses, they'd care about knowing the back story.

Edited by Tich0las
  • Like 1

I would've at least wanted some backstory for Dracula. Not many people even know about this movie, as it isn't out yet, so having backstory before walking into the house would've been great

Seriously. At least give us a behind the scenes look while waiting in the queue.

• Like 2

The scare zones are decent, but it would be nice to have the lagoon show & projection on MiB back and just more creepy music around the park in general.

You don't think the score to "The Social Network" is creepy?" :P

Actually they have the projections on MIB. At least Firday night they did.

I Really miss queue videos. Roanoke and DHOTD could have have audio snippets explaining. (Heck Roanoke could have had ANYTHING in line)

Dracula, AVP, FDTD... No audio, no music... Just blank, dark, wet walls. At one point in the 75 min wait for AVP... some guys started doing a shadow puppet show.. and the crowd clapped. So that tells you how bored they were. Literally two giant blank walls and not even so much as a static projection of the house name.

• Like 2

Seriously. At least give us a behind the scenes look while waiting in the queue.

Or the goddamn trailer, at least. Didn't they do that with The Thing back in at 21?

I was shocked at the lack of anything for From Dusk Till Dawn. It's the least known of the IPs, they could have had some Mayan documentary secretly about the Culebras. Or just a trailer. I'd prefer the former, but honestly again anything would have worked.

For AVP, they mention that Predators were seen coming in on security footage. How about some cool security footage?! Have it end abruptly with something attacking the camera, boom, there we go. That would have been hype.

Roanoke could have had a nice documentary like audio as well.

Dollhouse did have the creepy girl speaking. They could have projected eyes along with the ones on the house.

• Like 2

Halloween sorta had one, I guess

G&G kinda did too. I can't remember if any others did

Yes Halloween did a great job...except express couldn't really see it. I stood in front of the house twice for the full 9 minute cycle to catch the sequence. Towards the end, Universal's ops goons starting directing us toward the house.

I would not count Giggle's images as a pre show. It's just pictures of clowns with the house logo. Zero contribution to the context of the story.

Honestly, videos are not hard to make now-days and they already have the costumes. The only true cost is TVs/Projection screens, which a major media conglomerate should have no trouble obtaining.

• Like 3

The music is awesome on the G and G house, that's good enough for me. Nothing like listening to ACDC on a que line. On the other houses i haven't wait long enough to care for videos and whatnot. The MAJORITY of guests just want to walk through a house and could care less about backstories and all that nonsense.

I could retort and say that those of us who come for the artistic sense and pay close detail to everything would much prefer some backstory video in queue, but this is a large company we're talking about. If they can save a little bit of money and only upset a few of us, that's what they'll do.

...I think I just lost some faith in humanity...

Edited by duh1011

You can please some some of the time, but not all all of the time. I would do exactly the same in order to food on the table, those few that they "dissapoint" can be easily replaced. Sounds harsh, but that's life for you. Sorry if your losing faith in hymanity because of the lack of flat screens, and no backstories for a house. :)

Edited by ghostdude

If the G&G video is what we'll be getting from now on, I rather not have them at all honestly. I could put something like that together in 10 mins. It looked like a 3rd grader's project. I rather have no video than a half assed one like that. Now Halloween on the other hand. From what I can see, (which wasn't much because I have express) that was incredible. Bravo to them :P

I could care less about a video, i was talking about the music, which was awesome.

Eh, I didn't lose too much. It was kind of a smart decision, and only a minor sacrifice to them. It's not like they'll lose customers over this detail

Then no need to cry over spilled milk if that's the case.

Please no more TWD next year. Do something fresh and original...Like bringing back Jack the Clown and The Caretaker. And let's arrest people who cuddle in public, because i'm a FAN and it bothers me. I swear you can't make this stuff up.

Yeah, Jack and Caretaker are anything BUT fresh and original..

• Like 1

Here's what they should do next year.

I'm not sure how many nights total it will be (I'm not sure how many nights it is total this year), but I know it's around 25. Since it's the 25th year, the lead scarezone (and the main banner on the arch) should literally be from each previous year. The sets can be fairly generic, but it's different costumes/masks/make-up every night.

THAT'S how you market an anniversary. For the Icon years (likely Hell Week anyway), feature the Icons in the zone. The final night, it's a mix of everything. If we have 26 nights, preview a future zone.

"More houses than ever!"

"New scares every night!"

• Like 3

That would be awesome, but very expensive (unless they kept the old costumes in which case that would rock!). Plus the last 3 old ones will be TWD-themed lel

That's the thing, they reuse costumes all the time, and most are likely still in storage.

The real difficulty is casting it so a bunch of random costumes can fit specific people.

Edited by Legacy

Oh okay. I wouldn't know that part lol which is why I brought that up. I think that would be awesome! Or, they could have one huge scarezone with tons of actors and it goes through the years as you walk through it. That way, even though the other idea would make more money probably, this one would assure that nobody missed anything