HHN 2014: The Purge: Anarchy

...or it's the lady that auctions them off

That was my first thought too, but have we ever had a little old lady as our barker? Genuine question here, because I don't know. It makes the most sense within the context of the movie, but not as much for a horror event. I'm skeptical about how well it would work!

N-Not a Vespa...! D:

I actually don't know what the go-go dancers will be, huh. (Hopefully the lady on the roof with the megaphone! ;3 ) Maybe upscale Purgers? I dunno, slutty formalwear just seems... meh. hahah I guess they could just make costumes based on the gang for them. I feel like our barker this year will be the gang leader, or someone from that gang. It even makes sense with the "auctioned off" hint, if you've seen the movie and know what the gang does.

I thought there was a greater effect when the go-go's were more fantasy themed (Freddy's Fly Girls, Klownz). Even the Alice Cooper maze go-go's were interactive with the guests! Purge and Scream dancers appeared less interesting.

That was my first thought too, but have we ever had a little old lady as our barker? Genuine question here, because I don't know. It makes the most sense within the context of the movie, but not as much for a horror event. I'm skeptical about how well it would work!

no, but it's not like a 20-something blond guy or a preacher are that intimidating either.

• Like 1

I actually agree with Straightedge. Well, most of it. I envisioned a change in atmosphere with the WD being the first thing people encounter...walkers, chainsaw security, a barker who could be a standout from the show (or something similar). Have a hard time envisioning go-go's though. They could have prop appendages that fall off when dancing! Hooo-Haaa!

The Go Gos don't even have to be apart of NY Street. The entrance used to be a zone in of itself. Remember THAT? This is how i'd do it...

Go-Go To Hell (Entrance - chainsaw wielding chicks)

The Walking Dead (NY - The Governor or main guy for Terminus as the Barker)

The Purge: Street Experience (Backlot)

The Purge: Escape the City (Terror Tram - with new pick up from the backlot, a shuttle picks you up from the city to shuttle you to safety, but the tram "breaks down")

Edited by DTH316

The Go Gos don't even have to be apart of NY Street. The entrance used to be a zone in of itself. Remember THAT? This is how i'd do it...

Go-Go To Hell (Entrance - chainsaw wielding chicks)

The Walking Dead (NY - The Governor or main guy for Terminus as the Barker)

The Purge: Street Experience (Backlot)

The Purge: Escape the City (Terror Tram - with new pick up from the backlot, a shuttle picks you up from the city to shuttle you to safety, but the tram "breaks down")

Too bad it won't happen. :D

figured out why they chose that character for the promo....

1st and most obvious they can not use the leader because of the word "God", it was the same reason he is not primarily featured on the movie's promotions so for that they went with skull face for the posters and billboards then this happened.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/20/purge-anarchy-billboard-actor-money-robbed/

and now we bring you featured henchman #3 on your HHN promo.

• Like 2

I finally saw Purge: Anarchy. MUCH better than the first movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it as a scarezone. It would've been nice to see the lady with the megaphone on the roof (For those who saw the movie). I could see her as the new "insult emporium" character.She could be yelling at the guests from one of the windows they use for the daytime characters.

• Like 1

I finally saw Purge: Anarchy. MUCH better than the first movie. I'm looking forward to seeing it as a scarezone. It would've been nice to see the lady with the megaphone on the roof (For those who saw the movie). I could see her as the new "insult emporium" character.She could be yelling at the guests from one of the windows they use for the daytime characters.

I really like that idea. That area next to shrek is always lonely so it'll be a great place for people to pass by and gather around and there is also enough space.

Hum, so... I was reading Inside Universal's brief article on the scarezone and it says that there is going to be a Purge addition in the metro sets on the backlot. http://insideuniversal.net/2014/07/universal-announces-purge-anarchy-scarezone/

Do we have any confirmation of that? Where'd they get that from?

This makes no sense but I'm all for it. Has Universal ever split 1 scarezone into multiple locations? And I'm not talking about every scarezone being the same theme

• Like 1

This makes no sense but I'm all for it. Has Universal ever split 1 scarezone into multiple locations? And I'm not talking about every scarezone being the same theme

Yes, back in 2008? Maybe it was 2009/10? When the backlot ROCKED as a SZ, it was split into some type of college party gone wrong at the bates motel with zombies, I remember there being Freddy, Jason and Michael Meyers scattered throughout the backlot, leather face was at the very end near the tram re-loading area.

So I could see (and would gladly welcome) the backlot bring The Purge in.

Yes, back in 2008? Maybe it was 2009/10? When the backlot ROCKED as a SZ, it was split into some type of college party gone wrong at the bates motel with zombies, I remember there being Freddy, Jason and Michael Meyers scattered throughout the backlot, leather face was at the very end near the tram re-loading area.

So I could see (and would gladly welcome) the backlot bring The Purge in.

You must be confusing Scarezones with the Terror Tram. 2007 had Freddy, Jason, and Leather Face. 2009 = sheet maze with Michael Meyers, Jigsaw's Henchman, Harry Warden etc. The Backlot area wasn't introduced to Horror Nights until last year.

You must be confusing Scarezones with the Terror Tram. 2007 had Freddy, Jason, and Leather Face. 2009 = sheet maze with Michael Meyers, Jigsaw's Henchman, Harry Warden etc. The Backlot area wasn't introduced to Horror Nights until last year.

Yeah my fault, I hear backlot, and assume TT. Regardless, I'd like to see a variety.