MASKerade: Unstitched

JDW

I'm disappointed in the remarkable lack of gore I saw in the pictures/videos of this zone.

I am 100% with you on this. The first night their face were covered with masks and I was fine with this because it was raining. however, the next day I only went to AP and left. But I strolled through all the SZ except The Purge. Sure enough same basic red paint around the eyes. Most still fully covered. With the lack of any other props but the candles (Why aren't their billiowing tattered walls on either side of the street?) this is really a let down so far.

AWIL last year had huge problems with stuff like masks. We ended up spending the first and I think the second weekend with some of the Nazi Demons using face paint because the masks weren't finished and available. Even after that our myriad role switches and issues regarding mask comfort and even allergic reactions meant that actors still ended up going out in makeup.

AWIL last year had huge problems with stuff like masks. We ended up spending the first and I think the second weekend with some of the Nazi Demons using face paint because the masks weren't finished and available. Even after that our myriad role switches and issues regarding mask comfort and even allergic reactions meant that actors still ended up going out in makeup.

is that why so many actors have make up this year? feels like they are using make up a lot more than before to me. (mostly in the houses, there is a lot of make up this year)

Edited by clash

Guest kiwisoup

Yeah, that always bugged me...and it's just salt in the wound that Hollywood has great masks in their version for that scene, but oh well.

I have to agree with others...when I saw the scare zone in action, I was like "Where's the UNSTICHED aspect they kept hyping up?"

Although there's a definite lack in sets and theme... and the masks are a bit disappointing... I have to say I really enjoy the music and the way the actors move through this zone. Just throwing a bit of positivity out there. :)

They are definitely high energy!

The candles were in the middle on Friday but prior to that I saw them to the sides. It definitely needs something more. The ambience is terrible. I still don't understand why there aren't tattered walls to each side... Maybe spashed with blood. Maybe some smaller candelabras here and there that are just knvies.

• Like 1

i guess there are no walls because all the money went to WD? (To this day I keep hearing about the budget cuts in the streets)
I would have preferred bloody walls to the sides instead of the lame giant candles. The giant Candles remind me of something you see at Disney. I didn't care for them

• 3 weeks later...

Someone must have given these guys a kick in the ass while I was gone, because their aggression on Friday seriously puts them at Street of the Year levels of contention. They were making scares practically non-stop and engaging in greater creativity (one stiltwalker hid in the dark alcove by the Despicable Me entrance on the sidewalk and one of the actors casually sat on a bench with other guests to blend in). I saw one stiltwalker move at a downright powerwalking pace to go after a pair of girls and he left them running in circles. Everyone seems to have gotten braver and more familiar with their area and costumes.

If they keep up this pace, I can confidently call MASKerade my favorite zone this year.

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to MASKerade: Unstitched
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic