The Art Of Scare Documentary

Part 1 of this documentary that aired in 2002 back on the Travel Channel covering the making on HHN 12. It's an older but still very interesting and cool documentary, definitely gets you in the mood to want to go. The other parts can be viewed in the links I posted (for some reason they won't embed as videos).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I remember seeing it sometime in 2004 on the Travel Channel. I was so impressed I booked a flight a few days later. I've been a huge fan since and try to make it each year now. I'ts kind of old now though and they should probably create an updated one.

Edited by JunoSynth

I remember seeing this on Travel Channel as well.

Too bad Disney owns Marvel...another Marvel house would be so amazing.

There's a more recent doc about haunted attractions that's quite interesting: Monsters Wanted

It shows how a low budget haunted house gets pulled off and the inherent struggles within

Seems like a lot of "Halloween attraction" documentaries are mostly "the best haunted attractions in America" ones they play yearly or Indie-esque ones about relatively unknown haunts unless you're a local to the area. I'd be interested primarily in seeing more of a general "the history of HNN and behind the scenes" sort of documentary, with detailed discussions on older houses, along with newer ones. I haven't been able to see many old houses (2005 and before) from HNN (same with scarezones); it'd be interesting to see what could be shown.

Thanks for the link, I'll buy it sometime soon. It's only $10 plus shipping, not a bad deal at all. Wish other Halloween attraction specials were available to buy.

I like the idea of a documentary that covers the history of HHN and explores all of the past attractions. Maybe one day it'll be made.

It would be less interesting then you think. Universal didn't really start recording or archiving the event until really after 2005, so there's not a lot of actual stuff that hasn't been seen before.

Actually TJ told me pre 97 a lot of stuff is lost due to they didnt archive that much.. He started the archive dept when he came on board.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/24/2017 at 3:41 PM, criticalanalysis said:

When you were little did you come across it randomly or did your parents put it on?

It came on while we were watching the Travel Channel one night and, for some reason (I think it was because we like shows on theme parks), we decided to keep watching.

My parents did realize that it might of been too scary for me near the end, so they...muted the audio.  For one house walk-though at the end.  Without attempting to block the gory imagery.

Surprisingly, the only possible sign of trauma from the special I showed was a reluctance to go to Universal, and even then I think that had more to do with me being a rabid Disney fanboy at the time.