HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Way too late on this spec, but I think that whatever is in PS is not going to fit with the outside. I know Murdy said he chose the facade because it would fit the area, but if his main goal is to get an appealing IP up there he may decide that a facade that matches the rest of the area.

It's too bad AWIL isn't an appealing IP. The Slaughtered Lamb would have made sense there. But hey, the facade for that venue last year wasn't that great anyway but El Cucuy was still my favorite maze.

• Like 1

Random thought, but does anyone think there's some super fan out there who has gone to HHN every single night? Most of us here are broke high schoolers/college kids, but I imagine there must be some rich guy who has nothing better to do and loves it.

• Like 5

I met a kid in highschool once who his father was some sort of higher up at Universal. Apperrently he would get front of the line passes to HHN for him and his friends for whenever he wanted but, he would get bored of going so he only went a few times a year. Not sure if that counts lol.

And I know I shoulda became friends with the kid but I hardly saw him lol. He was my friends "friend" at the time and he told me he went with him a few times, but I had a frequent fear pass so I didn't feel the need to go out of my way to get to know the guy lol.

Also to add, I've had the multi night pass before and went about 6 times last year. Believe it or not it starts to get repetitive after awhile. After the 3rd time it sorta lost it's awesomeness. You learn where all the scares are in each maze and you sorta just go to embrace the sets. I say going 3 times a year would be the right amount of satisfaction. :)

Random thought, but does anyone think there's some super fan out there who has gone to HHN every single night? Most of us here are broke high schoolers/college kids, but I imagine there must be some rich guy who has nothing better to do and loves it.

Idk about Hollywood, but Dr. Jimmy on the Orlando side seems to have been to a good portion of all the event nights over the past 24 years. I know for a fact he's been to almost every single night of the event for at least the last decade or so besides 06, per his HHN history videos.

I know that if I had the means/free time, I'd visit California for a weekend and do HHN, KSF, and some of the independent haunts, hit a few places throughout the country that are big, and spend a lot of time at my home HHN in Orlando. That'd be ridiculously expensive/impossible and would require the entirety of Sept 19th-Nov 3rd to be free, but it'd be a LOT of fun.

Really curious about your guys' event this year. It doesn't look like even the most dedicated people for the Hollywood event know 100% what's happening, and I find that pretty cool, actually. But from what I can gather, it looks like:

TWD

Face/Off

From Dusk Til Dawn

AWIL (Enjoy.)

Original w/ Slash

AvP (?)

And then something else. Any ideas on the 7th house? Drac Untold maybe?

Also to add, I've had the multi night pass before and went about 6 times last year. Believe it or not it starts to get repetitive after awhile. After the 3rd time it sorta lost it's awesomeness. You learn where all the scares are in each maze and you sorta just go to embrace the sets. I say going 3 times a year would be the right amount of satisfaction. :)

I agree with that, actually. Last year I went twice, it was my first year, and by the end of my second night, I could walk straight through the mazes without feeling the need to cling desperately to someone, hahah. I think if I'd gone one more time, I would have been able to truly appreciate all the details of the sets to the extent that I really wanted to.

out of the 10 night we were able to go last year with the multiple night pass i went 8 times and not once did i ever get bored i took my friends also and by the second night they were bored and didnt want to come back

I went about 8 times last year and I loved every single maze and enjoyed everything everytime I went

@HorrorNights @erwin_gotze19 are you still planning on having them all done by the 10th

@DasOatmeal @erwin_gotze19 we'll see, probably one will be after

Yep I think that confirms it. I think at the end of Orlando's reveal week, they announce the last & final maze on both coasts to be AvP.

I can see two possible Hollywood announcements & one Orlando one this week then Scare LA announces AWIL & Orlando has their reveal week from Aug 11-15 & on the 15th they announce AvP at the end for both.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by SirOwenDisney
  • Like 1

Apparently today is John Landis's birthday. I didn't know that he directed and co-wrote the screenplay for one of my favorite music videos of all time... Michael Jackson's Thriller. That made me think of the Empire code name. Since there is also a reference to an old empire in AWiL, (the mutant Natzi nightmare) I think it would match up.

Is there any chance at all that the JP build is actually Empire and not Soap???

When did he directly say Empire was going in Parisian? I word searched his twitter for the words Parisian as well as Empire and I didn't find what you referenced above. I went back to the middle of April. The only reference I found to Soap was that on May 29th he mentioned if all went well, Soap construction would start that Monday.

Have any of you tried searching "AVP" on Google and on Wikipedia it has many other definitions or whatever you want to call them that abbreviate "AVP" it doesn't necessarily have to be Avon... remember one is a red herring. Did we ever find out which one was the red herring?