HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I was poking around the 2012 spec boards and found the 2011 survey list. If you remember, this was the last year they sent out email surveys.

Since than, Murdy has said "we know what we want" and has nixed the surveys, this year including. You will notice that... that ALL of the IPs from 2012 and 2013, and even 2 from 2014 already are FROM THIS LIST. This may be a good indicator of where to focus our speculation - although the rumored mazes are already on here, but if you wanted to look outside that box, this may help.

The Survey List:

An American Werewolf in London

The Wolfman

Lords of Salem

From Dusk Till Dawn

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

The Walking Dead

Child's Play (Chucky)

True Blood

Saw

Halloween (Michael Myers)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Dawn of the Dead

The Exorcist

Hellraiser

Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein etc.)

Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining etc.)

Resident Evil

Paranormal Activity

House of 1000 Corpses

Left 4 Dead

Jeepers Creepers

Silent Hill

Insidious

A Nightmare on Elm Street (Freddy Krueger)

Poltergeist

Alien/Aliens

La Llorona

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Biohazard

Friday the 13th (Jason Voorhees)

Trick 'r Treat

Amityville Horror

Hostel

Hatchet

Scream

Psycho

The Hills Have Eyes

Freddy vs. Jason

American Horror Story

Zombieland

28 Days Later

This would be a good basis for our spec, everything except the movie that came out/will come out this year

Well Murdy just did a mini tweet-a-thon. The purge will be on New York street this year, along with the opening scaramonies, and go-go's. He said we as the guest may be auctioned off during the purge, indicating at who may be the speaker this year. Also something cool to mention is that Blumhouse has made some sort of a deal with Universal, so that means a lot of stuff coming from them in the future.

• Like 1

Man what a let down, The Purge would be WAY better than WD in the Backlot as a Scarezone. I honestly think that they should have moved the purge to another place and introduced something else that's scarier in NY.

But anyways, let's hope we get motorcycles like Orlando, which I highly doubt :/

According to Legacy, Dracula Untold is going to be announced last due to proximity to release date. Expect to wait a bit longer.

Yea I know. It would be something they want in the forefront of their marketing plans so it would probably be at the end of their Reveal Week. I just don't think Empire is Dracula and the Hunts... uh Dracula Untold.

It would have been beautiful. :(

20131220_093019.jpg

I believe Empire is American Werewolf in London

Famous Empire......British Empire

Place well known to horror fans....London

Famous Musician Murdy did a VIP Tour with MIGHT be Warren Zevon who sang the song "Werewolves of London"

Could very well be. I just don't think Dracula Untold will at our event. I mean we already have Vampires in FDTD and House of Horrors for the most part retains much of the scenery from Van Helsing: Fortress Dracula. Murdy seems pretty adamant at using similar looking properties.

Famous Musician Murdy did a VIP Tour with MIGHT be Warren Zevon who sang the song "Werewolves of London"

I started at Universal as a tour guide in 1989, that year I gave the VIP tour to one of the most famous people in the world at that time...

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

March 13, 2014

It's not Zevon.

• Like 1

Could very well be. I just don't think Dracula Untold will at our event. I mean we already have Vampires in FDTD and House of Horrors for the most part retains much of the scenery from Van Helsing: Fortress Dracula. Murdy seems pretty adamant at using similar looking properties.

Yeah......its not gonna be Dracula Untold.......thats just silly come on

Amityville??? I see its coming out in January......but i don't think so

..........I also see that the Conjuring 2 is coming out October 2015 so i believe we will see the Conjuring maze next year and not this year

Annabelle comes out this year. That's still another movie release that would make it time-sensitive for this year.

Yeah......its not gonna be Dracula Untold.......thats just silly come on

You're right. It won't be Dracula. It's going to be HALLOWEEN!!!!!

*If you took my last statement seriously, that is sad.

Empire = "Appealing IP" in Parisian yet to be revealed.

Teen Spirit = Face Off

Beauty is Only Skin Deep = "Freak out maze" in 747

Atari 2600 = Walking Dead

Soap Commercial = AWiL (Obvious enough)

Original maze = Mummy venue

"Super secret project" = From Dusk 'till Dawn

Unless Murdy considers a yet-to-be-released action film an "appealing IP" or something fans would freak out over, it's not happening over here. If we were going to get it, it would've been in the House of Horrors. Guess you're stuck with it.

tumblr_memfws7ivK1rx67z0.gif

Didn't he say he read the Script for The Purge: Anarchy? He could have seen a rough cut of Annabelle. If I remember correctly It started filming in January and wrapped up sometime in March. He might not have liked it but he could theoretically used that as a means to bring The Conjuring to HHN. If Annabelle ends up sucking then there goes all the hype behind that franchise (I don't want it to but the Director doesn't have a good track record.) so that would make The Conjuring time sensitive.

Edited by Zero56