HHN 2014: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Suggestions & Speculation Of Return)

Grindhousehero13

If B&T doesn't return, oof...that'll just strengthen the idea they're downright pushovers if someone get's offended by a joke.

Hopefully B&T or some show will happen this year, because I really do feel that DM and a 7th maze won't spread the crowds out as much as some think. Heck, I think the addition of a 7th maze will help increase the overall attendance, which simply adds to the crowds. Even if you don't see them, shows are surprisingly important to these events. They really do help keep a good chunk of people off the streets and the lines for the mazes, especially considering a show is much longer then a maze or ride.

• Like 1

If B&T doesn't return, oof...that'll just strengthen the idea they're downright pushovers if someone get's offended by a joke.

Hopefully B&T or some show will happen this year, because I really do feel that DM and a 7th maze won't spread the crowds out as much as some think. Heck, I think the addition of a 7th maze will help increase the overall attendance, which simply adds to the crowds. Even if you don't see them, shows are surprisingly important to these events. They really do help keep a good chunk of people off the streets and the lines for the mazes, especially considering a show is much longer then a maze or ride.

Totally agree with this. While the head honchos seem to think shows shouldn't be a priority, I think they'll learn the lesson the hard way after this year. I predict crowds will be just as bad, if not worse, than 2012. We all thought Transformers would really help back then but it didn't. I don't see any reason to believe that Despicable Me will be much different.

I for one love B&T! It was always my go-to at the end of my HHN visit right before chainsaw Chaseout. Sure, it was campy and lame some years worse than others but pulling it completely is really going to put a thorn in guests shoes when the wait times end up being longer for mazes and the overall experience goes down in "fun quality", while I hope it's still going to make a surprise comeback, I've grasped the concept of a no-go on if this year.

I do agree that DM will do nothing for HHN, the year the Simpsons ride/area of the park opened did nothing for the crowds (I remember vividly walking through and people were just standing around like cattle waiting to go through the chutes to get down the starway go the lower lot. I'm thinking after this year, the higher ups may realize how important having a show is to helping with crowd control (and it also allows for a bit of a breather, some laughs, no jump scares, etc etc) for guests who want to wind down between mazes, start the event or end it with something fun.

Since Bill and Red aren't coming back, I have an idea for a new show: maybe this might be a good opportunity to let Beetlejuice shine in the spotlight again.

Anyone know how well-received the Chucky scarezone was last year? I could also see a Chucky show of some sort in Animal Actors. Reuse the props from the scarezone last year as part if the set, have the Chucky doll on the stage, and have a camera zoom in on the audience members to insult them.

• Like 1

Listening to InsideUniversals podcast and it hit me like a ton of bricks... Ush has been adding the new seats to waterworld I bet were getting either a newer show there or dare I say Slaughterworld! And if this happens someone shoot me with a cotton candy gun...

Listening to InsideUniversals podcast and it hit me like a ton of bricks... Ush has been adding the new seats to waterworld I bet were getting either a newer show there or dare I say Slaughterworld! And if this happens someone shoot me with a cotton candy gun...

I seriously doubt that's happening. I seriously doubt it....but if it does that would TREMENDOUSLY help with the crowds.

I believe the new seats are to help cope with crowds once Harry Potter opens. It's the same reason they've been building parking lots, adding a food court, taking out beams from certain sections of the park to allow more people to walk, having the studio tour run at night, etc.

Edited by JGmoney1996
  • Like 1

Speaking of slaughterworld, I miss that show. So much cheese, but so fun.

I've settled with the fact that there don't be any B&T this year, maybe universal is going to let it lay low for a bit, like chuckys insult emporium and bring it back once people have forgotten about the mishap. 2012 set the B&T bar incredibly high and I think last year just tried too hard to meet that bar.

• Like 4

Speaking of slaughterworld, I miss that show. So much cheese, but so fun.

I've settled with the fact that there don't be any B&T this year, maybe universal is going to let it lay low for a bit, like chuckys insult emporium and bring it back once people have forgotten about the mishap. 2012 set the B&T bar incredibly high and I think last year just tried too hard to meet that bar.

I agree. I think for Bill and Ted's 30th anniversary, they'll probably bring it back. I think they are really waiting for all of the flack to ware off from last year.

• Like 1

again why are we so sure it's not coming back? it would be stupid to have the rights for the next 5 years and not use it.

Well, maybe that's mainly for Orlando. I think Hollywood has the choice on whether or not they want to use it. Still, being they renewed for another five years makes me think they're going to wait for B & T's 30th anniversary. By then, the bad press will have worn off.

again why are we so sure it's not coming back? it would be stupid to have the rights for the next 5 years and not use it.

I think because of all the flack they caught last year, it's still too "fresh" to bring it back this year. There also hasn't been much material that's happened this year entertainment wise that would make for a good show (I could be wrong as I'm the last person to be up on current events in entertainment until the "news" has already been "news" for a while.)

Edited by Mellie_Monster

well the thing is they both have to pay for the rights, and honestly if just avoid making the same mistake the slack has been off it ended when Horror Nights ended , I not really up to date but it seems like it faded away unless they deliberately make the same joke again they should be fine. As long as they actually take time to think about what they write.

• 2 weeks later...

well the thing is they both have to pay for the rights, and honestly if just avoid making the same mistake the slack has been off it ended when Horror Nights ended , I not really up to date but it seems like it faded away unless they deliberately make the same joke again they should be fine. As long as they actually take time to think about what they write.

For what it's worth, everyone I knew who went to auditions asked the audition staff about Bill and Ted. They all said no shows whatsoever this year. Just thought I would throw that out there.

• Like 1

well the thing is they both have to pay for the rights

Not an expert on Copyrights and stuff like that (only took one Semester of Business practices in College) but they wouldn't need to pay twice for Hollywood and Orlando since both are under the Parks and Resorts Division of NBCUniversal. So Hollywood doesn't need to use it at all but the option is there. Disney is practically sitting on the Theme park rights for the Alien Franchise.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...