HHN 2014: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure (Suggestions & Speculation Of Return)

Grindhousehero13

I'm of the opinion that unless its super current or always around, then it shouldn't be in the show.

For example, if Bad Grandpa shows up next year, I'll be like wtf.

But if Hunger Games pops up, that'll make sense cuz its big and there's a new movie out every year anyway, like Twilight was used and most of those movies came out in November.

Same with music. I don't wanna hear songs that I've played out for myself. I wanna hear the brand new songs that I love or at least know of to currently be on, unless its a super big song that just neeeeeeeeds to be used that came out right after the last B&T - but not many songs fit that description. I don't NEED to see Katy Perry's "Roar" or Lady Gaga's "Applause" in the show (i believe the latter was integrated later on) , even though they're perfect B&T fodder, but next year around September, I won't even care about them anymore.

I'm of the opinion that unless its super current or always around, then it shouldn't be in the show.

For example, if Bad Grandpa shows up next year, I'll be like wtf.

But if Hunger Games pops up, that'll make sense cuz its big and there's a new movie out every year anyway, like Twilight was used and most of those movies came out in November.

Same with music. I don't wanna hear songs that I've played out for myself. I wanna hear the brand new songs that I love or at least know of to currently be on, unless its a super big song that just neeeeeeeeds to be used that came out right after the last B&T - but not many songs fit that description. I don't NEED to see Katy Perry's "Roar" or Lady Gaga's "Applause" in the show (i believe the latter was integrated later on) , even though they're perfect B&T fodder, but next year around September, I won't even care about them anymore.

but then there is the danger like this year of getting songs no one has heard or ever cared about like Justin Bieber, Jason Derulo, Jenifer Lopez and Pit Bull songs they were current but were not good songs even for bad pop songs, JT's "Suite and Tie" Macklemore's "Can't old Us" and Taylor Swift's "I Knew You were Trouble" were winter songs but were wtill played at least hourly and for the most part were good songs. Really the only two big songs at that time was Applause, Calrity, and Roar. I do agree if the song remains specific to Winter or early summer for example if they went for Thrift shop instead of Can't Hold Us or that was a song that did not survive past Summer I agree that should stay the f away but if it is still going strong by July, August then I think it earned the right.... That being said we wont know what songs survive till around that time.

just seen Orlando's show and their opening was role reversed slasher movie themed, Sexy female version of slashers (this makes me happy) and scantly clad camper dudes to Fall Out Boy's Phoenix.....but at least we got munchican opening to a song nobody give's a Sh*t about but you know f' me right haha

seriousily though hopefully it returns and makes for not only what will from now on be known as "The Killing Joke", and the over all bad writing but bad song choices from this year. Lets keep it on par with 2012's show at the least

Oh yeah and we will rock you! were the hell was that this year?

• 2 weeks later...

"The duo have enjoyed a life beyond the films thanks to Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure at Universal Studios Orlando Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood. The show has been running since 1991 and will now continue to run for the next five years thanks to new deal with Universal."

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/creative-licensing-details-merchandise-plans-for-bill-and-ted-s-25th-anniversary/038954

Edited by Mr.HHN
  • Like 1

Hooraaaaaay!

I haven't talked much about it, but I think now is a good time with this news.

I don't think the rights owners pulled the show in fear of "bad business" for the movie (that theory never held much weight, evidence, nor did it make sense to me)

I don't think Murdy campaigned to have it taken down for good (I don't think Murdy has that type of control, even if he doesn't like the show, he wouldn't cancel it for his own selfish reasons)

I don't even think an organization forced Uni's hand (there literally just wasn't THAT many people pissed about it)

It was just scared execs playing it safe.

Hate to play Devil's advocate here, but I thought about the article a bit more. It mentions that "the show has been running since 1991 and now will continue to run for the next five years thanks to a new deal from Universal". It's says "since 1991". I think it's a good possibility it could only mean the Florida show and Hollywood doesn't get it back.

"The duo have enjoyed a life beyond the films thanks to Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure at Universal Studios Orlando Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood. The show has been running since 1991 and will now continue to run for the next five years thanks to new deal with Universal."

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/creative-licensing-details-merchandise-plans-for-bill-and-ted-s-25th-anniversary/038954

FGCU-Celebration-GIF.gif

I hope the Hollywood show opens with the biggest, baddest, longest, most-pyros-ever-used, gayest opening dance number in which Bill and Ted then after emerge from the phone booth, exchange salutations, and then say "SUCK IT!" *Guitar riff*

Nah, but really, as someone who was really disappointed with the decision they made during the run, very glad to see the show will be back.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Hate to play Devil's advocate here, but I thought about the article a bit more. It mentions that "the show has been running since 1991 and now will continue to run for the next five years thanks to a new deal from Universal". It's says "since 1991". I think it's a good possibility it could only mean the Florida show and Hollywood doesn't get it back.

yeah I think thats way too much overthinking

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda hoping they will throw Duck Dynasty under the bus it's almost comedic how much dumb sh*t is coming out of Phil Robertson's mouth... also I'm getting tired of walking into any Walmart in Southern California and see bins of all the Duck Dynasty crap they can't sell cuz we are in California!!!

Im also sick of seeing Duck Dynasty EVERYWHERE in walmart.........i don't get that show......

And I'm thinking that we will not have Bill and Ted in 2014 because of that issue last year. Bring on Beetlejuice Rockin Graveyard Review!!!!!!!!!

Im also sick of seeing Duck Dynasty EVERYWHERE in walmart.........i don't get that show......

And I'm thinking that we will not have Bill and Ted in 2014 because of that issue last year. Bring on Beetlejuice Rockin Graveyard Review!!!!!!!!!

I'm very sure we'll have Bill & Ted this year, because there was very strong support from the GP on that show. I know the writer won't be back though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...