HHN 2013: Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection

Freak

I'm just still shocked as to how is this 'Now or Never' D: but the maze was okay it's just that I hated it with a passion because everyone in the GP was just dancing and shuffling , some boy even took his shirt off and that totally kills the whole Experience for me. It wasn't even scary /: but let's see where they take this.

• Like 1

Idk lol but that ruins the whole experience and okay on the now or never, black sabbath isn't now or never , well the album maybe that's why, the walking dead isn't now or never cause it already happened, EvilDead same thing we could have seen it next year if he wanted to. Tun tun lol

Yeah...this was never said to be now or never. So don't be confused about it being now or never, since it was never said to be now or never.

Evil Dead is now or never since the rights for Sony would have been lost forever if they didn't do it this year. The only time Murdy said that a maze was "now or never" was after CITW, and he later said that he didn't want to do ED and CITW during the same year. Last year Murdy didn't want to do ED since it would make more sense near the release of the movie so Sony gave the rights to Knotts. If Murdy passed up this year, there wouldn't be a chance in Hell for us to see ED at HHN. If he passed on it this year, Sony would give the rights to somebody else and they would keep the rights. Making ED now or never.

TWD season 3 is also now or never, since if he didn't keep his grip on the hottest horror property since the 80s somebody else would have been glad to pick them up, and do massive damage to ticket sales. Something as big as TWD is right now is also now or never. If he let those rights go he wouldn't be doing his job.

I'm just still shocked as to how is this 'Now or Never' D: but the maze was okay it's just that I hated it with a passion because everyone in the GP was just dancing and shuffling , some boy even took his shirt off and that totally kills the whole Experience for me. It wasn't even scary /: but let's see where they take this.

So if people start headbanging in line at 13:3D will it be less scary?

So were the 2 Cooper Houses less scary because I was singing along to every song? Is that why Murdy is not doing Cooper or Manson this year because I'll make it less scary? Im pretty sure that if a dude takes his shirt off he's making it more scary!

Misunderstood you. I could definitely see how that could piss you off. Gotta just tune those a**holes out.

Yeah they just randomly stopped and started dancing haha they held up the line and weird thing is the staff people with the glow sticks didn't do anything haha but hmm I'm actually kind of excited to see HoH like that again, I just hope it's a little more darker if try can and if the music specifically goes to the pop out scares and stuff.

Omg ZackT lmao imagine an entire maze synchronized to the music, and the pop out scares come out at the perfect triggered time and make the beat go BOOOOOM
I was gonna post something similar to this lol. The dub step music goes then suddenly it stops and everything goes out of control with all these scare actors that just pop out with the dubstep song having a scream in the mix.

...do the Frankenshake.

But seriously y'all, this house wasn't meant to be scary. That's why you aren't getting scared. Don't pretend that a HOH overlay could be played straight and actually give you hard scares. This maze isn't in the place of anything good.

Edited by ferox

Um... to their respective arts, yeah.

For example, Scary Movie 1 is a great comedy and parodies Scream in a hilarious light that doesn't tarnish the original film (not IMO at least). Its clever and its something the creators of the film being parodied can laugh at themselves for its clever usage of its characters, settings, story elements, etc.. As vulgar, crude and stupid the movie may be, its tasteful and respectful by being a decently made film, parodying it in at least a manner worth parodying.

But then you have Scary Movie 5, which has been so dumbed down from its predecessors that its absolutely embarrassing to watch in general, but completely disrespectful to the films its parodying by being a complete joke of a film in itself and not in a good way. It doesn't give Evil Dead, Mama or Paranormal Activity the parody it deserves, and simply throws little care into how those films are being used. The jokes often don't have to do with the movie, or even the genre, and show a lack of effort and originality. Like a crapshoot of ideas just to pass off a product.

Now I wouldn't say UMR is Scary Movie 5 totally, as that would be too insulting, but its in the same ballpark.

So how exactly is UMR any more disrespectful than the others? How is the bride of Frankenstein dancing different than the bride becoming nicki Minaj? How is Dr. Frankenstien DJing any different than all the classic monsters dancing around and singing rock music? Re imagining them and showing them in a new light accompanied by dubstep while still trying to scare you is at the same level as dancing shirtless with nicki Minaj or turning into rock stars. At least they attempted to change HoH a bit. While I still feel that Vampyre was one of the best overlays, there was literally no props or anything done to sprucen it up. I'd much rather have a new overly solely because theres no reason to repeat an overlay for a maze thats here year round, I have no problem with how theyre presented seeing the ways the classic monsters have been used in the past.

So where does having half naked hunky dudes barely dressed up like the classic monsters play into the tasteful and respectful thing more than having UCM mostly look and act like they normally do but with a dubstep soundtrack? Or the classic monsters singing radio disney versions of top 40 tunes? Are either one of those the parody they deserve?

Edited by ferox