HHN 2013: Universal Monsters Remix: Resurrection

Freak

Its baaaaaaack. Monsters Remix: Resurrection is coming to HHN...with some new twists! Which I will tell you about now....I couple of years ago I discovered the horror inspired music of @ImFigure, EDM music based on our classic horror icons! Dug it instantly! I've asked Figure to do the entire score for Monsters Remix, including composing some new tracks...can't wait for you to hear em @ImFigure

Thoughts?

Makes sense. UMR was the best thing to happen to HOH, so what else are you going to do with it? Adding Figure as the central DJ is a nice tough. Apparently the guy has a passion for horror, so even if I don't like dubsteb I can appreciate that he's involved. The dude did a song in tribute to The Corpse Grinders. Most people haven't even heard of that movie.

Edited by ferox

Have yet to be disappointed in the HOH overlay (at worse, Chucky was so-so). Top 2 or 3 mazes yearly since 2009. Sure, I have an affinity for UCM but use objectivity when rating individual mazes: repeatability, scares, design, scareactor performance, ambiance, and overall attraction experience.

Thoughts?

No love for UCM? Where is the placard, Freak? Ha!

My biggest issue with it is that it is way to colorful and bright in the maze. It might as well be a 3D maze. Just the normal HoH is scarier than remix. A really cool idea would've been Universal Monster Remake and use all design a character creations and keep the maze dark.

I do want to say that I like figures music and that is awesome to have your work in a maze.

Edited by HigbeeHaunt

90 percent of the comments on FB are all positive on its return. Seriously WTF. This event will go up in flames in the next 5 years and fast if they have their way!

I honestly thought this was the worst maze in HHN history as its a complete joke and shows zero respect to the UCM - every one of their creators is spinning in their grave. To bring it back instead of shoveling it deep in the dirt as a forgotten shit stain in HHNs history really offends my intelligence!

• Like 3

The Munsters, Abbot and Costello, Young Frankenstein are all genius comedies and don't try to pass themselves off as scary.

There's nothing funny about UMR. There's no jokes, sight gags, wacky sound effects. It plainly just is BAD.

And there's nothing scary about UMR.

So what's the point?

Maybe its fun, in a ridiculous kinda way because it doesn't work at all. I'm laughing at it, not with it - that's if even wanted to be laughed with in the first place.

But this is the HOH. Who cares anyway. We COULD care if they tried something like Vampyre again, but they've gone the other route.

• Like 1

I loved the maze last year, it was fun and scary not up to par as it's big brother mazes deeper into the park but it has a great Halloween feel to it whcih in past years HHN has lacked in my opinon also think it's the best overlay HOH has had. way better than just sticking one of Uni's characters in there and pretend its different and for everyone complaining....its House Of Horrors was not like it was gonna be the Scariest maze of the year anyways.

90 percent of the comments on FB are all positive on its return. Seriously WTF. This event will go up in flames in the next 5 years and fast if they have their way!

I honestly thought this was the worst maze in HHN history as its a complete joke and shows zero respect to the UCM - every one of their creators is spinning in their grave. To bring it back instead of shoveling it deep in the dirt as a forgotten shit stain in HHNs history really offends my intelligence!

So.....you enjoyed it?

Just kidding. I agree that it does not capture the mood or atmosphere of the original monsters, but is more like a celebration of the properties. Aside from UCM, the bar for HOH is usually set low and the cast performs well. The freeform nature of the attraction is almost a "palette cleansing" before returning to the more serious horror attractions.

He's making a soundtrack specifically for UMR

From @imfigure Twitter: "My music is exclusively featured at @HorrorNights this year. New tracks plus old classic monster ones ... Really excited!"

Yes he's making a new soundtrack, but he's using monster volume 3 also.

The Otis song is good but I prefer the Michael Myers one.

https://soundcloud.com/figure/figure-michael-myers-is-dead?in=figure/sets/monsters3

Edited by Hhnh86987

We all saw this coming, but I now kind of view the HoH as Hollywood's version of a 'spoof' house. A 'humor' house to ease up the crazy scaryness a bit. This house isn't really meant to be taken seriously, and I had fun through it last year in a 'Oh this is going to be lame and not scary' kind of way.

What else are you supposed to do with HoH. Honestly? I didn't think Vampyre was scary either. You might as well have fun with the HoH and just do something kind of silly like this each year.

In A&CMF,The monsters played it straight and the director Charles Barton did a phenomenal job balancing horror and comedy.

The monsters played it straight, and the in universe response was to act silly. Doesn't say much for how scary they are. There's the whole Beetlejuice Graveyard Revue thing. Phil Hartman's classic Frankenstein bits, Dracula Dead and Loving It, Teen Wolf, Scooby Doo, Monster Mash and other Halloween novelty songs, the list goes on and on. binge watch the Munsters all the time. I listen to a lot of those 50s/60s Halloween novelty tunes year round. It just means that they stand for more nostalgic campy Halloween fun instead of hard scares and they have for the better part of a century. Which makes something like UMR perfect for them. As you said, a bit of a palette cleanser for more harder scares. I'm not a fan of dubstep, but it works as an extension of novelty tunes...then popular party records.

"There was Frankenstein Dracula and Wolfman too! Dancing with some zombies what a ghastly crew!"