Black Sabbath 13 to Orlando in 2014?

Just a few short hours ago, Black Sabbath 13 3D was announced for HHN Hollywood, and considering no mention of Orlando was made, it appears that it'll stay over there for 2013. We're all aware of the sharing of licensed properties from coast to coast, so it seems likely that if this is successful for Hollywood, it will be brought or Orlando, possibly in 2014.

Personally, I would very much like this to happen, if only because performing in Alice Cooper's WTMN was a blast for me, and this would take it up another notch. Your thoughts?

I agree. If this house does fantastic, it will most likely be there for HHN 24. The only problem I have with that is location. Last year, we saw Alice Cooper go into one of the Sprung Tents. I feel if it was placed somewhere a little bit bigger, it would be awesome. I loved it anyways because I'm a fan of his music. So if Black Sabbath were to come to HHN 24, I just wish they would put it in the Parade Building. Lots of space to go crazy with Ideas.

The album debuted at number one across the world and they played sold out stadiums across aforementioned world, that's not really washed up. If you don't like mazes based on rockers that's fine and I honestly get it, but saying Black Sabbath is "washed up" is dishonest.

Edited by ferox
  • Like 5

The album debuted at number one across the world and they played sold out stadiums across aforementioned world, that's not really washed up. If you don't like mazes based on rockers that's fine and I honestly get it, but saying Black Sabbath is "washed up" is dishonest.

Didn't even know they had a new album. Don't really care. Been 35 years since Ozzy fronted that band and they have had plenty of lackluster titles to choose from. A few great songs a few complete disasters. (I mean tell me "forbidden" is a good album).

Ozzy himself, IMO, hasn't had a good song since "No More Tears" and that was released in 1991... 14 years ago.

Based on that alone I feel "washed up" (meaning an artist who peaked long ago and is still producing lackluster material) was warranted based on my own personal experience.

Edit:

Further investigation, I read a few reviews on the new album is said that it isn't bad but it isn't great. I would have to listen to it myself to know for sure but one critic wrote on "13":

But fine Houses based on rockers if that makes you happy. It's an opinion. We all have them. Maybe it's because I just don't care about that scene anymore. Maybe it's because I loved the original music of Black Sabbath and hearing an album from them that is delayed by nearly as long I have been alive doesn't sound great to me. Who knows? Who cares? If you like it good for you. I think Black Sabbath is no longer relevant to me.

• Like 1

They actually have some good songs on their new album. Maybe you will or won't like it. Anyway, I don't know whether or not Black Sabbath will come here next year. It's way to early to even tell or spec if its coming. No one besides the designers and creators have seen the house yet! But, if I had to guess, I would say that Black Sabbath would most likely be a hit over at Hollywood; and, if nothing is happening here within the next 2 years that would make it unnecessary to have it here , it would maybe come here. I would only want it here IF they made it detailed and in larger location, but I'd rather not have it here.

Alright, some guy expected an "all blunts blazing" return with 13 and didn't get it. Doesn't change that they are selling out stadiums across the planet and a metal album hit the top of the charts, which is very rare these days. I'm not crazy about 13 either, but I'm not going to pretend that Black Sabbath is washed up, or make the false claim that it's been 35 years since Ozzy fronted the band. 1997 wasn't 35 years ago.

• Like 3

The problem I see is that Hollywood might get a really awesome house, It might do great and we will be left with the sloppy seconds again...
Look at the Cooper house, Hollywood's house from what I saw online looked nice. Orlando's house was nowhere near as good.
The actors did a really great job in that house but the house itself sucked. There was nothing awesome about the house itself. Nothing was really that great.
Again, the Actors totally saved the house for me, but I would be worried that a Black Sabbath house would suffer the same fate here as far as sets, costumes go.

• Like 1

The problem I see is that Hollywood might get a really awesome house, It might do great and we will be left with the sloppy seconds again...

Look at the Cooper house, Hollywood's house from what I saw online looked nice. Orlando's house was nowhere near as good.

The actors did a really great job in that house but the house itself sucked. There was nothing awesome about the house itself. Nothing was really that great.

Again, the Actors totally saved the house for me, but I would be worried that a Black Sabbath house would suffer the same fate here as far as sets, costumes go.

Yeah, better to keep originals original I think.

---

I'm trying to think of a good example of somebody who actually is washed up. I think it's safe to say that as a director Rob Zombie is washed up, right?

• Like 2

Yeah, better to keep originals original I think.

---

I'm trying to think of a good example of somebody who actually is washed up. I think it's safe to say that as a director Rob Zombie is washed up, right?

Rob Zombie? Maybe.

He did say he is done with horror movies (at least for a long time) But then his film career is really young. He has only made like 6 movies so I don't think Washed up is the right word.

Washed up? I would say Axl Rose from Guns n Roses. that's a washed up artist. Whatabout Kiss? Smashing Pumpkins?

• Like 2

Alright, some guy expected an "all blunts blazing" return with 13 and didn't get it. Doesn't change that they are selling out stadiums across the planet and a metal album hit the top of the charts, which is very rare these days. I'm not crazy about 13 either, but I'm not going to pretend that Black Sabbath is washed up, or make the false claim that it's been 35 years since Ozzy fronted the band. 1997 wasn't 35 years ago.

in '97 the did a reunion tour sure. Even at that he didn't finish the tour and Dio replaced him again. No new material aside from a live album of the tour. I don't count that. Regardless still 16 years since that. If you don't care about the album either then why argue the point? I'm sure people are buying the album and going to concerts because Ozzy has made his first original material with Balck Sabbath in 35 years. Doesn't change my mind on them or that Universal to cashing in on a flash in the pan rock album. Will the album even be of interest to anyone next year or the year after?

All that aside It would depend on the houses execution. When I heard about this house months ago, i was hoping it was an original idea but, figuring it was Hollywood, surmised that it had to be based on the band. We know it's 3D and well there were some very good 3D houses. Apocolyptic themes, while nothing new, have never been truly explored by HHN. Sure we had Doomsday (which was kind of random IMO but was pre-iconinc years), the '08 Doomsday (based on the forgettable movie), P&T nuked Vegas, and but as for a war torn/nuclear fall out time city. So there is potential for the theme. Having not heard the album, my concern would be the disjointed hodepodge you typically get when you base a house on individual songs and not an overall theme. The music wouldn't really matter or be the focal point of a good house. It would be the imagry and overall cohesiveness of theme.

The initial imagry definitely has some powerful connotations of hell on earth but will it translate?

My biggest gripe with Alice Cooper was it made no sense. Each room was disjointed from the next. It is supposed to tell the story of Steven and I did not get that house at all. It felt more like they just based each room on a song. I'm sure if you are a diehard fan (I'm not) you would understand the general idea but to people who either don't know Alice cooper or only have a cursory knowledge of his work... It just didn't make sense.

I'm a fan of this, some people aren't, but that's perfectly fine. There'll always be around 8 houses to choose from, and everyone'll have their preference. It's certainly gotten people talking about HHN Hollywood 2013, and has provided exposure on numerous media outlets within the music industry. That's never a bad thing. Has it been seen as a big deal, yeah. Will the fans like it? I'm sure some will, some won't. Is it logical to bring to Orlando? Still a little early to call, but I'm still predisposed to say yes.

Edited by General Specific

what I dont understand is why using artist from the past like that? is it to have a wider appeal?

And why not use bands that are darker when it comes to their imagery and lyrics? I'm not saying they should ask bands that are popular right now like Avenged Sevenfold or anything like that.
but Like JDW said why use all these washed up acts? Is it because it will bring the most people? But if bringing people is what they want then why not do houses based on more comercial acts? bands that are not even rock and roll?

As for the Alice Cooper house, the thing I didn't like is that it felt cheap (I know it wasn't cheap because building a house takes a lot) But it felt cheap when I went in it. It didn't feel like a house that Universal would have made. to me it just Felt that way.

If I'm not mistaken, the Penn and Teller maze was poorly received?

I don't know. I have no idea but I will say that was another house that "felt cheap" to me. those two houses just didn't feel like Universal houses. (again, I Know they were not cheap to make, nothing is cheap....) they just did not felt like good houses

(specially after seeing Poe done in the tent, both Alice and Penn/teller were very low in quality)

Just wanna throw out why the whole Rockstar maze/house started in the first place. Alice Cooper was a pet project maze for John Murdy (Hollywood's Creative Director) that he was I'm guessing allowed to do finaly in '11. It was Extreamly well recieved here despite being based on something as obscure to today's GP which is why we ended up with a sequal maze, and The Black Sabbath maze as for as why you guys got it is probably because the higher ups saw it do well here in Hollywood and thought it do well over there too. From the sound of things it seemed to of misfired which is most likely the reason you guys are not getting Black Sabbath.

• Like 1

yes but In Between was black light and 3D and that was an amazing house.

Music is music as long as it fits the house and the theme it doesn't matter to me. I am curious to see how it pans out over there. Actually I'm sure it will be well received but would like to see a walk through.

• Like 1

Just wanna throw out why the whole Rockstar maze/house started in the first place. Alice Cooper was a pet project maze for John Murdy (Hollywood's Creative Director) that he was I'm guessing allowed to do finaly in '11. It was Extreamly well recieved here despite being based on something as obscure to today's GP which is why we ended up with a sequal maze, and The Black Sabbath maze as for as why you guys got it is probably because the higher ups saw it do well here in Hollywood and thought it do well over there too. From the sound of things it seemed to of misfired which is most likely the reason you guys are not getting Black Sabbath.

Alice Cooper also created his own haunted house before no? I remember someone saying something about that. (that he had experience with creating a house)