Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth

Mark M.

hhn-case-files.jpg.8c825cff530152ca80351b2f08c3ad7d.jpg

Follow the trail of a private eye as an investigation into the supernatural leads you into a dark world of ghouls and terrifying creatures.

The world of Legendary Truth, an evolving story following a mysterious paranormal research group, has haunted guests via unique haunted houses throughout Halloween Horror Nights history. In Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth, guests will step into the well-worn shoes of the infamous Boris Shuster – the elusive private eye investigating the supernatural – as he endlessly searches for clues to a series of strange occurrences throughout New York City. Falling further into the shadowy, dark world of the paranormal, guests will face an overwhelming onslaught of ghouls, poltergeists and terrors, all while trying to solve the biggest mystery of them all – how they'll survive... 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not my most anticipated house, but I am expecting the concept to be a fun experience cause of the old-style detective theme. Add that with Legendary Truth, and you got yourself a combo that could go together if well executed. With it being “Case Files,” you could use it as a method of reoccurring monsters/storylines. I hope they could do very well with the noir feel of the house. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

All I could say is this: Holy hairy monkey balls! This is the best one I had walk through that beaten my expectations in a really good way, making it as my House of the Year! 

The time takes place between is very fitting to the event’s 30th anniversary theme other than the noir and pulp feel on October 25th to Halloween on 1991, - the dates of Universal Orlando’s first HHN that was formally known as Fright Nights. 

There’s still a lot in this house to put the piece together, but it’s a good thing it constantly seems to have the shortest waits while the most crowd-friendly houses are usually the longest, so it doesn’t take too long at all, and you’re more likely to go there more than once during one of the most busiest nights of the event. 

Not only the tone is one-of-a-kind, but also have so much variety and well-designed sets and characters. Lots of creative stuff over there with a Slaughter Sinema-like campiness.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Since this house mostly took place in the late 40’s, have anyone noticed some historical references to the Second World War and the Great Depression? I know there was a photo frame of Harry S. Truman who was president between 45 and 53, which is probably the closest  one to notice in terms of historical accuracies.