Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Ah cool. I'm confused though why make it unreadable to people who aren't members? Before we could read it without having to participate. The only people who can spam are those who are members no?

I left bc I would get 100 notifications a day about petty arguments. Not only that but if I happened to comment... all my friends got all the spam on whatever I commented on.... stupid FB.

Ah cool. I'm confused though why make it unreadable to people who aren't members? Before we could read it without having to participate. The only people who can spam are those who are members no?

I left bc I would get 100 notifications a day about petty arguments. Not only that but if I happened to comment... all my friends got all the spam on whatever I commented on.... stupid FB.

You can turn off notifications for any group you're a part of on FB. Sadly, this doesn't help with the friend spam but it is winning half the battle.
  • Like 1

Ive heard, RE is pretty much confirmed...

On other topic, Which resort is best at HHN ive been to Orlando past 4 years and Hollywood really has my attention this year, what you guys recommend me?

Disclaimer: I grew up going to Hollywood's event and I've only been to Orlando once (2011), so my word may not be the best.

Orlando and Hollywood really seem like two different beasts.

Based on the one year I attended I really preferred the originality of HHNO's houses as HHNH is always so IP heavy. HHNO has better scarezones as far as theming and scares go, but the layout of the park doesn't lend itself to them as well as HHNH.

HHNH has a more agressive cast in their mazes, the Bill & Ted show is much funnier, and the Terror Tram is AWESOME. This year will be exciting as they're putting two of our mazes and a scarezone down on the backlot for the first time ever. I can't wait to see how that pans out.

I really couldn't say which resort is better since I have a fondness for both. I'm excited for both coasts' lineups this year. It will be cool to see how HHNO pulls off La Llarona since that was an epic maze over here. I got some really great scares in that maze and watched numerous other guests leaving the house bright red with tears. It will be also be neat to see CitW and AWiL since we're not getting those. I'm hoping HHNH will turn it up and bring it in El Cucuy, Insidious, and Black Sabbath.

Guest kiwisoup

So what night? Wednesday at midnight or Thursday at midnight. I hope it's the closer night XD

Well, technically it should be Wednesday night at midnight because technically that's the morning of the 29th, but they did the same thing with reveal week and it ended up being technically the day after they said. They really need to be more specific with their midnight announcements.

Disclaimer: I grew up going to Hollywood's event and I've only been to Orlando once (2011), so my word may not be the best.

Orlando and Hollywood really seem like two different beasts.

Based on the one year I attended I really preferred the originality of HHNO's houses as HHNH is always so IP heavy. HHNO has better scarezones as far as theming and scares go, but the layout of the park doesn't lend itself to them as well as HHNH.

HHNH has a more agressive cast in their mazes, the Bill & Ted show is much funnier, and the Terror Tram is AWESOME. This year will be exciting as they're putting two of our mazes and a scarezone down on the backlot for the first time ever. I can't wait to see how that pans out.

I really couldn't say which resort is better since I have a fondness for both. I'm excited for both coasts' lineups this year. It will be cool to see how HHNO pulls off La Llarona since that was an epic maze over here. I got some really great scares in that maze and watched numerous other guests leaving the house bright red with tears. It will be also be neat to see CitW and AWiL since we're not getting those. I'm hoping HHNH will turn it up and bring it in El Cucuy, Insidious, and Black Sabbath.

Yeah, I know both resorts are amazing, but I feel Hollywood has something better idk, it captured so much of my attention, firstly with the backlot walking dead!! I think HHNH it is this year for me! I agree with Hollywood actors being more aggressive, Ive been into the House of Horrors and believe for being an permanent house it is scarier than many houses brought to HHNO, and Hollywood its the land of actors too lol, I guess that a plus. Thx for the advise!!

Banck to the speculation: There is a new HHNO billboard of Evil Taken Root...

Guest kiwisoup

Yeah, I know both resorts are amazing, but I feel Hollywood has something better idk, it captured so much of my attention, firstly with the backlot walking dead!! I think HHNH it is this year for me! I agree with Hollywood actors being more aggressive, Ive been into the House of Horrors and believe for being an permanent house it is scarier than many houses brought to HHNO, and Hollywood its the land of actors too lol, I guess that a plus. Thx for the advise!!

Banck to the speculation: There is a new HHNO billboard of Evil Taken Root...

I'm not sure where to start here.

-The backlot experience may have captured your attention, but anybody has yet to experience it. I really don't see how it will be different than Orlando having the walker area being where it was last year. Hollywood is different where they don't have their big city street sets in the park so it's new for them, not for Orlando.

-Hollywood only really has 5 houses and no I don't include House of Horrors which is a permanent attraction that gets only slightly redressed for HHN. That's 5 vs 8 houses.

-Hollywood carries over houses every year or simply rethemes a house as a different house. E.g. The Asylum turning into Nightmare on Elm Street.

-Same with Scarezones. Klownz anyone? At least this year it's French clowns I guess...

-Hollywood makes almost exclusive use of IPs.

-Aside from IPs, El Cucuy will be their 4th original house since they relaunched in 2006.

-Orlando has 23 years of experience.

I do agree that Hollywood is getting better as time goes by, but I still don't think they're anywhere close to each other. Maybe go profess your love to the Hollywood forums?

Edited by kiwisoup

I'm not sure where to start here. -The backlot experience may have captured your attention, but anybody has yet to experience it. I really don't see how it will be different than Orlando having the walker area being where it was last year. Hollywood is different where they don't have their big city street sets in the park so it's new for them, not for Orlando. -Hollywood only really has 5 houses and no I don't include House of Horrors which is a permanent attraction that gets only slightly redressed for HHN. That's 5 vs 8 houses. -Hollywood carries over houses every year or simply rethemes a house as a different house. E.g. The Asylum turning into Nightmare on Elm Street. -Same with Scarezones. Klownz anyone? At least this year it's French clowns I guess... -Hollywood makes almost exclusive use of IPs. -Aside from IPs, El Cucuy will be their 4th original house since they relaunched in 2006. -Orlando has 23 years of experience. I do agree that Hollywood is getting better as time goes by, but I still don't think they're anywhere close to each other. Maybe go profess your love to the Hollywood forums?
Right on brother.