Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

No biggie its a lot to go through. I was defeated by the amount of info in here for my vid. I just wanted to know the answers to the IFRIT's/Doc's clue so I did the crazy wall right. After an hour I just asked someone. (Props to Jeff and Heather for the help.)

I do try to keep the first post updated with most everything we have confirmed or is generally thought to be true. I didn't add the prison description bc it seems we are missing something. I will add to it later though.

• Like 3

Honestly, there isn't much public-knowledge wise regarding the streets to go on. While, in theory, each legion would be represented in the streets again

I wouldn't expect that.

Thanks! I hope they aren't repeated as of course the thing we love is how everything is "new" every year, I was just getting nervous since Horror Unearthed seems to still be in full swing.

Also thanks for the clarification on this matter as well. I to was curious about two prison themed houses.

So here's a neat thought. If La Llorona and Evil Dead shared a soundstage, I bet they could build a large moving river set piece that runs through both houses. For Evil Dead, there's the river that's flooded the road, and for La Llorona, it could be where she drowns the children. And using it for two houses concurrently might make it a bit more budget and operations friendly. It wouldn't have to be deep, just enough to give the illusion, ala the floating water in the HHNH La Llorona house.

• Like 9

Now I have not read all 57 pages, as I am just looking at this page again since like there was 15 pages, but does any one think there will be a Purge house? The movie is universal and has been becoming a sensation to many people. Now the movie, not being so scary, it can have an awesome effect inside a house. I know about TWD theory and I remember possibly an Evil Dead theory (Fingers crossed), but the Purge can be an awesome house.

And do we know how they may do CitW? Will be only the dead family in the movie, or all the creatures released in the movie? I hope it has some sort of way to release all the monsters in a sort of way where we are still in the woods. I would like to be the elevator where it goes black and you see things jumping out but that seems way out of reach on what designers can do

And do we know how they may do CitW? Will be only the dead family in the movie, or all the creatures released in the movie? I hope it has some sort of way to release all the monsters in a sort of way where we are still in the woods. I would like to be the elevator where it goes black and you see things jumping out but that seems way out of reach on what designers can do

That may be the easiest part of the house...

I hear that this was one franchise A&D wanted and was excited about. For that reason alone I think we can confidently believe that we will be see far more than the Undead, Redneck Torture Cult Family.

• Like 9

I'm curious how the queues will be set up for the SS21 houses. I expect the queue for SS24 to be by the NY Library facade and use the space normally for the SS20B/SS23B house queue, and SS22 use the rockit stage like normal. They could have the queue for the house in the backside of SS21 start at twister like the SS20A/SS23A house normally does, have the queue go behind 23 and 22 and into SS21. For the front side, The line could start at the end of the street b/w DM and the Uni store, go b/w Rockit and BMG and into SS21.

• Like 1

Obviously A&D has to put in some of the old HHN characters. That has to be a must. I would be really surprised if they didn't put in at least a couple old characters.
Also quick question; was the set of CITW and ED the same? You know, the cabin part. They looked extremely similar to me.

Unless it gets shoved down A&D's throats last minute, it is not going to happen. The first page of this forum has a summation of what we know so far to save everyone having to read back too far.

I pray nothing like this happens. I am okay with the rumored line up just as long as nothing gets changed last minute again.........................

That may be the easiest part of the house...

I hear that this was one franchise A&D wanted and was excited about. For that reason alone I think we can confidently believe that we will be see far more than the Undead, Redneck Torture Cult Family.

I trust that A&D wouldn't mess it up that badly. HHN A&D isn't infallible, but that would be downright stupid. Imagine what a massive letdown that would be to...everyone. Not only would that be actively focusing similar characters/settings as ED, they would be ignoring the part of CITW that made it a hit. That would be worse than doing a Friday the 13th maze and only having Pamela Voorhees for the entire maze.

The prison is NOT the only location set up in the last twd season, there was also Woodburry, hell just within that town there were cool locations, and don't forget the famous Governor's torture chamber, how about the water tanks for the heads? Not all was just the prison.

• Like 4

As i see on the map (and must expected) they took the criticism and put TWD in a full house not a tent or light area (Disaster). This actually gives me hope for this house... The last one was so disappointing, which had to do with the outside light. At night it was decent, i'm interested in seeing how they will make it work at the prison and at woodburry.

• Like 1

As i see on the map (and must expected) they took the criticism and put TWD in a full house not a tent or light area (Disaster).

From what I understand, the space available for the parade building has shrunk since with the addition of the floats for daytime parade. Even though they moved Macy's floats outside it seemed that House of Horrors had a lot more truncated sets than the previous parade building houses.

from working with the parade for one night and spending 8 hrs in the parade building....you get exactly half of that building and you can see the marks on the ground from where the "walls" go up and its not just from one years of houses so i would expect its the same size as many, but i remember the wolfman scene being extra long than normal

How do you know which house will be placed where? I mean, it's impressive that we have a house list that seems to be so accurate, but what's the logic and/or information you have on where the houses go?

Also, can someone remind me again what the premise of "Havoc" is?

Side note: there are gardeners working outside my office window, and one has a blower strapped to his back blowing all the dead grass off the sidewalk.. sounds a LOT like a chainsaw motor which just makes me grin. God, we are sick people. LOL

• Like 2

How do you know which house will be placed where? I mean, it's impressive that we have a house list that seems to be so accurate, but what's the logic and/or information you have on where the houses go?

Also, can someone remind me again what the premise of "Havoc" is?

Side note: there are gardeners working outside my office window, and one has a blower strapped to his back blowing all the dead grass off the sidewalk.. sounds a LOT like a chainsaw motor which just makes me grin. God, we are sick people. LOL

Assumption on where AWIL is based on where it was suppose to go last year.

Assumption on Havoc is rumor.

Assumption on "Flashback" is the location of the props.

Assumption on TWD is rumor.

And the premise for the next Havoc hasn't been discussed, but I think some people know.

• Like 1

I have given up questioning on the HOW we get the information and have just come to accept the fact that we have some bad ass problem solvers and some "flies" on important walls... Keep up the good work... and we will continue to follow the specs...

• Like 3

And the premise for the next Havoc hasn't been discussed, but I think some people know.

I've posted a few thoughts on this subject. But it hasn't received much discussion. Instead of having all the soldiers be the human looking specimens we saw previously, it would be nice to see the mistakes.

As for the location of Havoc, due to a comment the Doc made Disaster seems a good place.

What has occurred with the Disaster house a few times now?

What happened near Disaster last year that we all seemed to enjoy and be excited about when it was announced?

For those who answer these questions correctly:

This is solely spec. I have no info on this. It is just me making connections based upon the past and comments I've read.

So havoc will have a giant horde right outside?

It's just speculation. Doc made a comment about maybe seeing members of the Baccanoid Legion (warriors) in the streets. The Super Soldiers from Havoc are in the Baccanoid Legion.

Definitely no guarantee.

But if my guess at Doc's comment regarding the Baccanoid Legion is correct...

If Havoc is in Disaster and there is a Havoc scarezone, a cast change like last year's could be interesting and fun.

Disaster is the best location for a cast change like we saw last year. Disaster also has a history of having an SZ that is tied to the house it holds.

TCM/CDT taking orders from the Sheriff

Zombiegeddon/Zombie Gras

TWD/Walkers