Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Also saw a couple of permits for Building 66. Anyone know where 66 is located? May have something to do with Potter and/or the Simpsons expansion

disaster is 67... Fear Factor is 68... 66 is an older building by these.

I have a backlot map with every building number on it through about 2010 ish

I could be wrong but I believe any newer buildings will have higher numbers... and unless it is compleatly taken down and rebuilt new attractions will use the old numbers.

Edited by bobo5162

disaster is 67... Fear Factor is 68... 66 is an older building by these.

I have a backlot map with every building number on it through about 2010 ish

right but Building 66 was the Jaws queue. So they probably just kept the name.

Bldg 66 was Jaws. It seems they aren't renaming the Potter building.

Look at old HHN permits for the Jaws queue.

correct It was jaws :-( poor shark

i thought I posted the Backlot map somewhere on HNN... cant find it... how do I post a PDF...

or here is the link

http://studio.florida.universalstudios.com/pdf/Backlot_Map.pdf

Edited by bobo5162

Okay, assuming the speculated house locations holds true, do we have any idea how they are going to organize the house queues? Looking at a map I am having a hard time envisioning it not being a complete fluster cluck situation. I mean, even in past years they have run into issues around the soundstages with people being backed up at the end of the house. I cannot even remember how many minutes I was stranded in the final room of Psychoscareapy in 2010 but it seemed like quite a while and I felt bad for the scareactors who had to keep up their scaring even though the line wasn't moving.

• Like 1

OK been thinking:

The organization (from CITW) is a lot like The SCP Foundation (and has been rumored to be based on the illuminati). They contain "artifacts" (i.e. monsters, anomolies, etc.) to protect the world. The Organization contains them to also protect the world (albeit they are used to do their ritualistic sacrifices).

LT investigates the same type of anomalies. LT could be a branch of the organization.

In 2008 they studied Bloody Mary... i don't remember the final results of that and, it would seem that LT brought her back at the ultimate loss of some agents.

In 2010 they purposefully released Fear via ritualistic sacrifice of the icons... but where did he go? Was he contained? Who knows.

Also they used a device that "accidentally" sent the ghosts into hyper overdirve at Wyandot.

In 2012 The hordes were contained by LT.

and now we come to 2013. So far LT has been used to, primarily investigate... ICONS!. while I don't know if an icon is planned look at our 8th house:

1.) based on a rather dull real life person. He would need his backstory gratly exaggerated... much like an icon.

2.) The house starts with his death and then goes through his crimes.

3.) The house will take place in a different place than the original story.

4.) The original story ties to FDR. Someone with both fictional and real ties to the paranormal, the occult, and secret societies.

My thought:

What are we investigating if not an icon? there has to be some centralizing story otherwise why investigate randomness. This could be the 8th house (I don't know for sure). If not an Icon, we need something to investigate. And artifact would make sense (like the lantern). Artifacts tie to CITW. In fact they tie to evil dead and HAVOC (Remember the lantern was being tested in the military compund), It isn't a stretch to add artifacts to the other houses (all the legions had artifacts).

• Like 3

with talking with friends, who did take the survey, that aren't big into all the back stories or a fnatic like eveeyone here they all said they were really disappointed that there wasnt an icon or a theme and that seemed to be a pretty big thing with the GP that there wasnt an icon...so i can easily see the 8th house, that is about the guy who attempted to kill FDR he could easily be our icon because almost no one will know who he is by name so they could get the history back story very easily and add their own dark twist to it and the GP wouldnt really even know thats its based on a real person

And while Zangara would make a more compelling icon story-wise, he's way more complicated from a marketing perspective. This isn't a Sumerian demon; it's a real guy who really tried to kill a president. For that reason alone, the only legitimate "icon" this year that can freely tie in to LT is Bloody Ma-Llorona.

And while Zangara would make a more compelling icon story-wise, he's way more complicated from a marketing perspective. This isn't a Sumerian demon; it's a real guy who really tried to kill a president. For that reason alone, the only legitimate "icon" this year that can freely tie in to LT is Bloody Ma-Llorona.

While I would love a strong female icon, I do not want Mary 2.0 to serve as such.

Personally, unless the house description names the inmate as Zangara, an Icon loosely based on Zangara could be interesting.

He may have been a hypochodriac. Real abdominal issues may have contributed to him becoming increasingly paranoid and delusion. It's been suggested he was one of two hitmen and he actual hit his target. He was an expert marksman in the Italian Army. He was 5 ft 1, I believe. Napoleon complex anyone? There are theories that the Chicago Outfit hired him.

A lot to work with. To build from. To create an icon from.

Take Jack for instance. He's considered an original icon, but I can't be the only person who sees the influences of Pennywise and John Wayne Gacy in his original back story.

EDIT: Zangara appears in Assasins.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

EDIT: Zangara appears in Assasins.

That's a musical about assassins. The whole point of that show is people who tried/succeeded to kill presidents. And shows/musicals have the benefit of being specific to their conceit. If someone doesn't like singular aspect, they dont attend. HHN (and its icon) don't have that luxury. Its icon has to have broad appeal and fully encompass what that year represents. Killer clown works, story-teller works, snuff director works, crazy demon lady works. And we KNOW crazy demon-ghost lady works. With the hyper politicized world we live in, anything approaching a presidential assassin is incredibly risky as it can quickly alienate a large segment of your audience.

We have to remember that Zangara is being specifically mentioned as the inspiration for this house. That means that the likelihood of a room with patriotic bunting is high. The "presidential assassin" story will probably be obvious, and because of that using the character as a theme park marketing tool would quickly be viewed as distasteful.

It would be like Burger King using Jim Honkley instead of John Hinkley to market their new flavor-shooters.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

But we seen her before, 2008... Plus Hollywood used un-used concept art for Bloody Mary for there event.

Couldn't they just hire a new woman to be La llorona? change the way she looks from the Hollywood event?

Create a whole new character?

I think they are capable of that... Do a llorona that doesn't look exactly like BM?

But we seen her before, 2008... Plus Hollywood used un-used concept art for Bloody Mary for there event.

From what I hear she is not Hollywood's version but completely redesigned by Orlando A&D.

• Like 2

From what I hear she is not Hollywood's version but completely redesigned by Orlando A&D.

Interesting. Given that the La Llorona myth is not really that well known in the Orlando area is it possible that the whole house is based on the concept but she will not necessarily share the name or features of the Hollywood original?

Interesting. Given that the La Llorona myth is not really that well known in the Orlando area is it possible that the whole house is based on the concept but she will not necessarily share the name or features of the Hollywood original?

That I don't know. i just heard it was a reimagining. There are many many different version of La Llorona (Just like with Bloody Mary):

She was a widow, her husband cheated on her, She had a lover that didn't like her kids,she's old, she's young, she has a horse head, she cries blood, etc.. Just like with any myth it evolves and adapts to the regiion it goes to. I recently drew her with a horse skull head... So the possibilities are numerous.

I think Mike did a spectacular job of creating a backstory for Blood Mary that was completely different and new. Actually one of my favorite years website wise. But i'm not saying she IS an icon. Just that she COULD be. I'm leaning more towards the original house as the details are very vague and the reality is somewhat comical and pathetic... Or something else entirely different that ties them together. I just feel an investigation needs something to... well investigate. You need a central plot point to uncover. Otherwise, what are you investigating? Random houses that only have tenuous ties? No you need a focal point, a main driving force behind whatever happens. It doesn't have to be an icon... Could be like the lantern from xx (minus fear) or the fear machine from 14.

That I don't know. i just heard it was a reimagining. There are many many different version of La Llorona (Just like with Bloody Mary):

She was a widow, her husband cheated on her, She had a lover that didn't like her kids,she's old, she's young, she has a horse head, she cries blood, etc.. Just like with any myth it evolves and adapts to the regiion it goes to. I recently drew her with a horse skull head... So the possibilities are numerous.

I think Mike did a spectacular job of creating a backstory for Blood Mary that was completely different and new. Actually one of my favorite years website wise. But i'm not saying she IS an icon. Just that she COULD be. I'm leaning more towards the original house as the details are very vague and the reality is somewhat comical and pathetic... Or something else entirely different that ties them together. I just feel an investigation needs something to... well investigate. You need a central plot point to uncover. Otherwise, what are you investigating? Random houses that only have tenuous ties? No you need a focal point, a main driving force behind whatever happens. It doesn't have to be an icon... Could be like the lantern from xx (minus fear) or the fear machine from 14.

Because no one has mentioned it, I think I heard wrong...but at the LT briefing, didn't they say we were investigating the legions?

Because no one has mentioned it, I think I heard wrong...but at the LT briefing, didn't they say we were investigating the legions?

It has been implied by many on the fan page but has never been confirmed. LT was extrodinarily vague at the briefing. While A&D simply discussed the technology behind last years games, previous years websites, tech to come, and merchandise.

Honestly, I don't see the legions being the focal point as we have the lineage maps and we've seen the legions. Perhaps more depth and ties to the legions but I can't see that being the primary direction. but again this is only my thoughts. I could be completely wrong.

There are many ways La Llorona could be reworked. Personally, with the rumors from last year of an Aztec/Soithwestern myth house, I would enjoy seeing them represent her in the form of Cihuacoatl. It could give rise to many different "monsters" in the house.

But, if the original house is vague and Zangara is only a base inspiration than it would be far easier to work this character into multiple plot points.

I cannot see presidential assassination being touched on in a house. Vague references that maybe only diehard fans could connect yes, but not something the GP could point too. This is an event that is less than 100 yrs old. And while that may seem a great time to many, the children and grandchildren of those involved in this incident are most likely still alive.

When I first heard of a prison house that would involve an execution that was based on true events, I became anxious that my family could end up connected to the event. I had a great uncle (by marriage, not blood related) who was executed in the Ohio State electric chair.