Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

This is how...

C'monnnnn peoplleee...think flashback...the answer is right under your nose. You're so close you can smell it haha Dissect that word 'flashback' a little bit...This is killing me...just killing me haha

I don't know. I believe pretty strongly about this AHS house. I mean prison gates and pews! An asylum run by nuns seems like there would be pews and gates. *referencing to American Horror Story*

C'monnnnn peoplleee...think flashback...the answer is right under your nose. You're so close you can smell it haha Dissect that word 'flashback' a little bit...This is killing me...just killing me haha

Smell, dissect, killing...maybe some kind of execution house or slaughter house?

Edit: those words and "flashback" kinda make me think of Body Collectors for some reason but i doubt that.

Edited by foREVer56

Hm, not just a prison and flashback. Interesting. Something that I've thought of is a return of the Nightingales. Since they appear in times of war and horrible tragedies, that would be the flashback bit. As for the more than a prison thing, if it IS the Nightingales....then the house could include a prison scene but not be just a prison. Maybe another War setting or something else.....for the bigger history buffs here, was there any massive tragedy involving a prison but not just taking place in it? Maybe the inmates got out or some disaster wrecked a prison along with the surrounding area and killed/wounded those inside?

If it is another War setting though, my only thought is WWII. That way, it would be more than just a prison but the prison would be the Concentration Camps.....of course, I highly doubt Universal would ever do anything like that because of how horrible those things were and how many cries of outrage they'd get for using them.

Of course, this is all just my thoughts and I'm pretty sure I'm WAY OFF course here. Just tossing my two cents in is all.

and you've nailed the person who likes to drop hints in their statuses... But you've yet to nail exactly what this house is about...

HAHA guilty... at times. (guess I wont fo that anymore lol) But ALL my status updates are not hints. AND I'm not the only one... ;)

I post a lot of status updates... I post movie quotes... Quotes in books I'm reading... Songs I like.. etc.

Oh but which ones?... Which ones? And how obscure? Muahahaha! *cough* ahem.... anyway enough of that.

The ironic thing is I hide the house list in plain site for my own easy access every year since 2008. No one has ever found it... At least no one has ever said they did. Either way it has proven a pretty secure method... and if it ever isn't... well I'll stop.

and to keep people from needlessly searching I removed it for this year

Of course you can't, because all that really matters is what leads you to prison...

Okay, guess time.

What if we are looking at a house that starts in court with a criminal being tried for his crimes. We then flashback to his various murders until we finally end up seeing him at the end being executed via electric chair. My other guess is that we start with the execution and then flashback through his crimes. I like the second idea better myself.

My reasoning for the second idea is that a while ago JDW had this quote "Come on, boy, let's take a ride in my Volts Wagon." in his status which I remember as being from the little seen movie "Shocker". In that the criminal gets killed but vows vengeance on those who turned him in and haunts them through electrical objects and eventually pulls the main character into a television where they fight to the death. I think our criminal will do something similar and that prison/death row is only the beginning of the story.

Obscure huh...hmm

Camera Obscura? Fatal Frame house, in a prison, with Body Collectors

Done :)

Oh Lord if only THAT were true. *fanboy squeal*

Can you imagine a fatal frame house? I know the logistics of it would not work but dang I wish it were so.

• Like 3

Obscure huh...hmm

Camera Obscura? Fatal Frame house, in a prison, with Body Collectors

Done :)

Oh my Sae.....I would go absolutely crazy with joy if they did that! Sadly, as said by JDW....the logistics of that wouldn't work but if it somehow were to work out....I think it'd be one crazy awesome house if done right!

Oh Lord if only THAT were true. *fanboy squeal*

Can you imagine a fatal frame house? I know the logistics of it would not work but dang I wish it were so.

The hanging ghost always freaked me out the worst for some reason. I couldn't image a maze with a hanging ghost in it...

Maybe in a few years, when Google Glass is a permanent fixture on everyone's face, they will be able to design a house with the proper ghost effects to capture the intensity of Fatal Frame.

Edited by madmonk
  • Like 1

Flip that switc- I mean, script and you're there.

There's also a movie from the 80's called "Prison" that has a similar plot. Except the guy electrocuted was wrongly accused and I think came back to haunt those who wronged him via electricity...like he would get vengeance that way. I might be mixing this up with something else...idk. But anyway, the idea of electricity is interesting...what if there were a way to make guests "feel" like they were getting electrocuted too?

Maybe flashback means something from the past, and there are more than movies represented at universal . . .

What if the "prison" is actually you walking into an episode of Scooby Doo? They still have Hanna Barbera rights for the characters. It's such a great fit for Halloween and 100 years of horror too. Now that I think about it, why have they never capitalized on it before? I think it would play well.

New Ifrit clue. No way to post from my phone.

Picture is of David Hasselhoff, Constantine...can't remember his last name but he's hot, and Sebastian Bach.

Caption:

After the break, this one's simple to find, when you remember this:

The word that matters will follow the contraction of the phrase, "It is."

All three pictured have played Jekyll/Hyde on Broadway. How the phrase ties in I have no idea as I've not seen the musical or heard the soundtrack.

Hmm ok, David Hasselhoff, Constantine Maroulis, Sebastian Bach...

All 3 are singers...Rockers if you will. Constantine was on Broadway in "Rock of Ages" and had a small part in the movie as well.

Alcatraz was/is known as 'The Rock'

Okay, so the contraction for "it is" = it's

These are the occurences of "it's" in song lyrics from the jekyll and hyde musical:

"It's society's mask / It's society's way" from "Facade"

"...it's all a facade" from "Facade"

"...it's that each man you meet..." from "Facade"

"it's a nightmare" from "Facade"

"...it's alone i'll see it through" from "Pursue The Truth"

"it's ludicrous" from "Pursue The Truth"

"it's absurd" from "Pursue The Truth"

"before it's too late" from "Emma's Reason"

"it's easy to accept that..." from "Emma's Reason"

"it's you I am concerned for" from "Letting Go"

"And it's true I am" from "No One Knows Who I Am"

"It's such a shame" from "No One Knows Who I Am"

"It's hell that we choose" from "Good 'N' Evil" ---> my money is on this. "Hell" is the next word. I keep going back to the prison being hell...

"Like the night, it's a secret" from "Alive"

"It's the feeling of being alive" from "Alive"

"It's the truth that cannot be denied" from "Alive"

"It's the feeling of being Edward Hyde" from "Alive"

"...it's like when hope dies" from "Your Work and Nothing More"

"it's more than work - he's obsessed!" from "Your Work and Nothing More"

"Before it's too prove/late" from "Your Work and Nothing More"

"Pray that it's all a facade" from "Your Work and Nothing More"

"It's a memory I know" from "Sympathy, Tenderness"

"It's a nightmare" from "Murder, Murder"

"It's a right scare" from "Murder, Murder"

"It's a curse, man!" from "Murder, Murder"

"It's perverse, man!" from "Murder, Murder"

"It's London's latest craze" from "Murder, Murder"

"It's hard to talk away the memories that you prize" from "In His Eyes"

"It's a sin with a name" from "Dangerous Game"

"It's a dangerous game!" from "Dangerous Game"

"You believe that it's true" from "Dangerous Game"

"It's a crime and a shame" from "Dangerous Game"

"Once! Before it's time" from "A New Life"

"It's over now?" from "Confrontation"

"It's time to die!" from "Confrontation"

"It's a deal with the devil he cannot disclaim" from "I Need To Know"

New Ifrit clue. No way to post from my phone.

Picture is of David Hasselhoff, Constantine...can't remember his last name but he's hot, and Sebastian Bach.

Caption:

After the break, this one's simple to find, when you remember this:

The word that matters will follow the contraction of the phrase, "It is."

All three pictured have played Jekyll/Hyde on Broadway. How the phrase ties in I have no idea as I've not seen the musical or heard the soundtrack.

Okay, assuming the above picture does relate to the Jekyll and Hyde musical, my guess would be we are talking about the song "Murder, Murder". It takes place after the intermission thus after the break. The contraction it's is used five times in the song in the following lines "it's a nightmare!", "it's a right scare!", "it's a curse, man!", "it's perverse, man!", and "it's London's latest craze". The clue says the word after the contraction so given that three out of five have the word a right after it's that would mean it would have to be perverse or London. Not really sure where to go from there.

Edited by Cooger and Dark

Okay, assuming the above picture does relate to the Jekyll and Hyde musical, my guess would be we are talking about the song "Murder, Murder". It takes place after the intermission thus after the break. The contraction it's is used five times in the song in the following lines "it's a nightmare!", "it's a right scare!", "it's a curse, man!", "it's perverse, man!", and "it's London's latest craze". The clue says the word after the contraction so given that three out of five have the word a right after it's that would mean it would have to be perverse or London. Not really sure where to go from there.

What if "London" is referring to the London they're constructing for HP? I'm sure they won't be able to actually do something in that area, obviously, but maybe he's referring to a scare zone? I don't know.

Body Collector's:Collections of the Past was set in Victorian London. Collections of the Past is perhaps a flashback reference. Also, the premise was that the Collectors were behind mass murderers such as Jack the Ripper etc.