HHN 2013: Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

Grindhousehero13

Honestly the beep does not make it a PG-13 show, neither does the extream sexual refrences made every year on top of my head I can name: The lesbian make out scene between Katness and the girl from Brave, the banana suicide pact, burns when I pee, the insinuated molestation of John Carter and Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber whipping out his twig and berries to Bill and Ted, Snooki taking an arrow to the mouth and holding it in a way that suggest something, DTF refrence, Male strippers and half naked girls dancing on stage. those jokes are extreamly adult and was just this year imagine the long list I can do if I included all the shows since 2007. As far as cussing they seem to only bleep out the F bomb but it still obviouse that they are using it, espeacialy if they encourage the audience to say it. If They have to warn you about Language and Sexual refrences I'm sorry to say it's not PG-13.

As Far The Mandarin what was the close call with Thor? as far as I knew the joke was "We could'nt gets the rights from Marvel to use these heroes so here are rip offs of them" hence all the "Captain" countries. I don't know exactly the behind the sceens stuff but so I could be wrong but Im pretty sure Bill & Ted is protected under "Freedom Speech" as long as they are paroding the characters there is no copy right infringment. The running gag with Bill & Ted for a while has been they cant afford the actual hero so they get a knock off. Like in 2007 they said that Disney got mad at them using Captain Jack Sparrow in the year prior (mind you this when Orlando wrote our show as well) so instead they used infeminate pirates. But look at 2011 they used Jack Sparrow again and called him Jack Sparrow. It did'nt make Disney mad it was just a gag. Not saying that there was'nt a problem with Thor being used infact the Avengers only being refrenced last year kinda backs that up, but if there was it's kinda stupid since the hanging got away with it and those awful parody movies that spawned out of Scary movie (Epic Movie, Disaster Movie ect ect) and and litteraly means any movie studio can get away with getting their characters pulled from the show so much that everything is either just refrenced or are knock off versions.

But as far the use of the Mandrin I cant see him being used as the main villian, he was'nt even the Villian in Ironman (btw since the theme is OZ Im calling a Tinman Ironman joke).

What DTH316 said. A lot of things are IMPLIED but not shown. Much like a PG-13 movie.

and Yes, in the early runs of 2011's show, Thor's dialogue and scene was different. Disney got mad, told Universal that they had to get rid of it, instead, we added the dialogue where he specifies that he's Thor from another completely different crappy summer movie that was made for TV. Also why we didnt use any Avengers characters last year.

But as much sexual reference as the shows usually have still does not seem to dumb it down to PG13 and I still don't get why they would not use the mother fucker as a character just cuz lips didn't make contact it may be referenced but it counts I also seen a lot of R rated movies were the sexual stuff was just referenced hence why you see under ratings "sexual refrences" I'm not talking about a full on sex scene but come on realy that's what makes it PG13? Cuz blurrd out th f bomb? Because live sex wasn't going on? That's that only thing that sepperates pg13 and R? So they won't use the MotherFucker for those reasons? That just seems wrong to be honest.

And again gotta bring up why would Disney want them to pull Thor and not Jack Sparrow?

I'm not trying to pick fights just it would be kinda dumb to know use the Mother Fucker just cuz of the name espeacily since HHN is an R rated event despite what we say Bill and Ted would be. It like putting a Vitamin inside a deep fried twinkie sure the vitamin is healthy but you have to get through instant diabities to get to it. Even if we all agree B&T is PG13, it makes no sense when the park is litteraly coverd with Blood guts and gore galore outside of that theater smack dab in the middle of the park... and if someone wants to throw out (which they always do) that "HNN is PG13 cuz they let you in if your 13 and there is gore in PG 13 movies" Im gonna say this: Tree Rape, Frozen Nipples, upside down boobies .

• Like 1

People are said to be raped all the time in PG-13 movies, even on TV-PG/TV-14.

Unless they show him bent over, his pants down, the rapists pants down, and his body thrusting into his -- there's no reason for "rape" to automatically mean R. And even then, I've seen cases where that didn't matter. Someone gets raped in the first episode of Bates Motel and they show it, and that was TV-14.

Not that I agree with this article, but here's further proof that it happened:

http://m.newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2013/03/20/bates-motel-new-psycho-has-rape-violence-incest-14-year-olds

As for a PG-13 movie, watch Sucker Punch.

There's a big difference between implied and showing, and even then showing might not warrant the R/TV-MA.

Ya guys should really research this stuff. The rating system is pretty ridiculous and often times backwards.

I hav'nt seen Suckerpunch since it came out...but I dont remember anyone being raped.

Reminder: HNN does not condone Rape, nore think it is a laughing matter it is a seriouse subject. Unless it happens to Justin Bieber by a fictional elderly cartoon pedophile then it is f'en hiliarouse.

There is also a difference between alluding to something and saying something, Example: 2011 Osama Bin Laden says "Your catch phrase should be blowing across the Icy land" to which Captain Russia replys "who wants Blow Job?", if she said something to refrence it like "I'll be doing what across the land?" two way diffrent situation.

And again DTH the point of this conversation is that Bill and Ted would not use The Mother Fucker cuz of his name, my point is being that they could use the mother fucker, because show this is not regulated exactly by ratings but if it was it would'nt be PG-13 since they HAVE to go out of there way to warn you that the show has Violent Language, Sexual themes and partial nudity and that it is not suitable for everyone which the closeist thing to it in a movie rating's sense would be R not a hard R but R non the less. There for they can use the MotherFucker because they have done worse before, I mean Hell even if it was PG13 you can use him and use the clever writting the usual have to avoid the last part of his name, like

MF: "Call me the Mother-"

Bill and Ted: "No wait, wait!"

and also I want remind everyone of 2007's show where this conversation was held without beeping

"Shit" "You can't say shit" "I cant say shit?" "No!" "Oh Shit" "Thats it!!" "Shit"

Because parents aren't responsible enough to research what they're bringing their kids to before they walk into an event and then get pissed off and complain to the company that runs the event and then the people in charge decide to tame down the program.

so whats the difference between saying the F Bomb inside the show and displaying an upside-down naked female with her throat slashed on the oustide the show? Even though it was'nt a real person it was still a naked body. Or The HUGE ammounts of gore all around the park and the stuff the barker says to girls while taking pictures with them? Why tame just Bill and Ted?

Its not an R rated event. It clearly states "not recommended for children under 13" on the website. Murdy says its R, and its designed as R, but it doesn't mean that it is R. If it were to say "not recommended for children under 17" then I would agree with you and say its R.

Its not an R rated event. It clearly states "not recommended for children under 13" on the website. Murdy says its R, and its designed as R, but it doesn't mean that it is R. If it were to say "not recommended for children under 17" then I would agree with you and say its R.

we are not talking about age restirction as in how the rating work like they are, we are talking about subject matter.

I wrote this big long thing how even if the event was literally rated R that Bill and Ted should stay within the PG-13 zone for the sake of comedy and attendance.

But at the very end, my phone crapped on me.

So yeah...

Edited by DTH316

What weirded me out is how out of everything last year, only the Romney jokes offended enough people for them to be pulled. Jokes about racism, slavery, rape, domestic abuse, homophobia, and all of that stuff (PG 13 or not) are fine but Romney jokes are going one step tooo far.

What weirded me out is how out of everything last year, only the Romney jokes offended enough people for them to be pulled. Jokes about racism, slavery, rape, domestic abuse, homophobia, and all of that stuff (PG 13 or not) are fine but Romney jokes are going one step tooo far.

Hey you dont make fun of the President of these united.......oh wait.

• Like 1

Hey you dont make fun of the President of these united.......oh wait.

Someone asks a Catholic, "How many kids will you have?" Catholic responds, "As many as I can."

Someone asks a Mormon, "Who will you marry?" Mormon answers, "As many as I can."

Someone asks a Scientologist, "How many planets will you invade?" He responds, "As many as I can."

Bill and Ted writer asks management, "How many of these good jokes are you going to take away from the show?" Management responds, "As many as I can."

Someone asks a Catholic, "How many kids will you have?" Catholic responds, "As many as I can."

Someone asks a Mormon, "Who will you marry?" Mormon answers, "As many as I can."

Someone asks a Scientologist, "How many planets will you invade?" He responds, "As many as I can."

Bill and Ted writer asks management, "How many of these good jokes are you going to take away from the show?" Management responds, "As many as I can."

Remember everytime we bring up scienctology Tom cruise shuts down the site :(

so whats the difference between saying the F Bomb inside the show and displaying an upside-down naked female with her throat slashed on the oustide the show? Even though it was'nt a real person it was still a naked body. Or The HUGE ammounts of gore all around the park and the stuff the barker says to girls while taking pictures with them? Why tame just Bill and Ted?

Idk don't ask me I personally don't think they should hold back at all... I want as much sex, violence, and foul language as they can pack into a show... But I would also not bring my child to see said show and complain to uni about it either.

• 3 weeks later...