Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

You're right it does seem a bit dodgey! ;)

@HorrorNights now that your caught up with TWD are you gunna start watching AHS now?

@HKWA1 Now...like right now? No...I have to drive the treacherous LA freeways and watching TV while driving is dangerous. : )

Hope this means that he is watching it...since he's being all carny like and what not.

Saw:

In August, 2012, it was reported to Lionsgate was "tinkering" with the idea of pursuing an eighth installment in the franchise, or rebooting it.

Could Saw 8 or a reboot be made by Halloween 2013? Saw returning to HHN?

X Files:

I was looking at the first few pages of this topic and someone mentioned the X Files. This would make a good maze. We havn't got an alien maze :o. A maze based on extraterrestrials would be epic. Just imagine a X Files Terror Tram? or a Alien Scare zone.

Ok for now i will be over it but universal is missing big bucks not using slender anyway anybody wants me to send my slender maze to Murdy at universal?

Missing big bucks over Slenderman? Lol :lol: HHN sold out almost every night this year. They are definitely not missing out on money because of Slender not making an HHN appearance.

• Like 3

I should say Murdy is very careful in what he says. I also didn't want to flat out ask him certain questions, sure he gets that all the time and I didn't want to seem rude since we were invited to his house and all and the occasion was, well kind of grim

WD - Yes we did talk about season 3. He said he just watched the mid season finale. It was kind of funny cause his wife was there and she won't let him watch WD without her so it takes longer for him to see it (she's a veterinarian who works ER hours so they can never watch it together when it airs). He did say he liked the prison environment and the increase in zombie kills. He also said he really enjoyed working with the producers and Nicotero.

Video Games - He said he's still on the fence about doing more games. He said gamers who knew the property rated the one this year very high but non gamers or people who didn't know the subject tend to rate them lower. He said the game would have to be well known before he'd do it

Slenderman - he just laughed and said "internet sensation" then made a joke about the girl who made that "Friday" video and asked me if I could remember her name (I couldn't).

Original Mazes - he kind of rolled his eyes and reiterated things he's said before. HHN in Hollywood is branded horror, that's what has made the event more successful every year, you can see original content anywhere else in the country, etc. He used Halloween 3 as an example of what not to do when you have a successful formula. He said if he wanted to just do original content, he'd make movies (I guess he was asked to do a movie recently and turned it down). What was weird about this part of the conversation is that I asked him about the Alice mazes and La Llorona and he admitted that they were mostly original and were well received. He made a joke about never trusting what a carny says, then said "Actually, I'm working on an idea right now that's kind of like that, its mostly my idea but is tied to something else." I asked him what it was tied to and he said, "a book" but wouldn't say anything more than that.

things seems to forbode well for WD coming back (Thank god) and when he talks about a book being tied to it I got a feeling its in the same way Dante's Inferno was tied to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell.

I am and people seem to forget he is just a meme, sure he has a game but he's a meme in the end.

4668786_700b.jpg

WTF Im sorry if I come off rude but fuuu realy? first off Slenderman is a "MEME" that somehow got an indy game (more like an App) made about him to say he has a better story? he has no story!!!!! Creepypasta or Marble Hornets just started photoshopping him into old pictures most of his so called story is just speculation and TrT I can understand not too many people knowing but Evil Dead??? Evil Dead is major Pop Culture landmark. This just makes me sad for the future -___-

• Like 4

things seems to forbode well for WD coming back (Thank god) and when he talks about a book being tied to it I got a feeling its in the same way Dante's Inferno was tied to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell.

WTF Im sorry if I come off rude but fuuu realy? first off Slenderman is a "MEME" that somehow got an indy game (more like an App) made about him to say he has a better story? he has no story!!!!! Creepypasta or Marble Hornets just started photoshopping him into old pictures most of his so called story is just speculation and TrT I can understand not too many people knowing but Evil Dead??? Evil Dead is major Pop Culture landmark. This just makes me sad for the future -___-

Chale .

Not really. Have one room based on one small story leading to another small story walking into a hallway.

tumblr_m6pri5jDKM1qhqt17o1_1280.jpg

Chale .

No Offense but.........

24484603.jpg

realy do yourself a favor and actualy watch Evil Dead and Trick r Treat and just look into more of the horror genre because from the looks of it you only scratched the surfice of the Horror Vault dude there are tons of maze worthy property , TrT is more indy but Evil Dead come on, Ash is a pop culture icon and is refrenced in everything from video games to cartoons to be recent they even refrenced Evil Dead in Reguler Show (little siblings man lol).

like stitch said Slenderman is a internet fad he has no back story was created purely by photoshop (look it up) and at the most has a crappy computer game that can be beaten in 10 minutes

btw if we are suggesting memes be maze for HHN 2013....................

why+not+zoidberg.jpg

• Like 1

You know what I would love to see?

Close the House of Horrors in the late Summer and build a new haunted house in there. After HHN is over, it can stay for the rest of the year until the next late Summer before the next HHN begins and then put another new house in there. The sets can have easily removable walls so that it can be easier to remove.

This way, we have new maze open all-year long every year and will fix the House of Horrors being stale problem. That's some wild idea I would love to see.

I noticed everyone wants a Cabin In The Woods Terror Tram cause of it's plot and how it would fit into the Terror Tram. I agree. I was against this because I really want to see Jeepers Creepers (The Creeper) be part of the Terror Tram at HHN 2013 but It seems like I have to agree we won't see him at all sadly. But, I read the plot to the movie on Wikipedia and it does sound good. It sounds really fitting to the Terror Tram. I'm planning to see the movie now and looking forward to see it as the Tram for HHN 2013. :)

You know what I would love to see?

Close the House of Horrors in the late Summer and build a new haunted house in there. After HHN is over, it can stay for the rest of the year until the next late Summer before the next HHN begins and then put another new house in there. The sets can have easily removable walls so that it can be easier to remove.

This way, we have new maze open all-year long every year and will fix the House of Horrors being stale problem. That's some wild idea I would love to see.

but at last its just a dream

true story