Dark Legions: Walkers

Mark M.

but math is hard :mellow:

lol, this sucks, I don't want to miss them, I know it might be easy to predict,

but when you are there in the park, a lot of times you are in a rush to do everything and you forget about times, a lot of times I wanted to see Bill and Ted and I just forgot to get there on time, in Universal between Lines and bathroom breaks and dinner breaks, you just forget lol,

I will probably have to just get there and wait until whenever it happens :lol:

FFP is the answer to your questions.

The newly re-done bar in San Fransisco is right across from from Disaster so if you have the time you can order some of the new drinks while you wait for the zombie horde.

I try not to make only one night to HHN so I can get all the details, shows and multiple trips in houses. If you get there early, follow the plan and go on an FFP night you can do pretty much everything in a night without an Express Pass

FFP is the answer to your questions.

Dr. D is absolutely right. If you live here and going more than one night is doable, then the FFP is the way to go...you definitely get your monies worth out of it. There is no need to rush and try to fit everything into one night, you can check things out at your own pace.

• Like 3

7:15 i'm guessing since the event starts at 6:30? Just going off what was said in the media event

Wait, so the shift change hordes are CONFIRMED?!?!?!?

I was just making it up, but it seemed totally feasible.

I've been avoiding the media event stuff (other than the costume photos) and haven't watched ANY of the non-HHN official videos for fear of seeing too much. Been tiptoeing around these forums "up top" too in case there were big reveals, but am checking some today because I'm too weak to resist (and just finished re-watching both seasons of TWD so feel like nothing in this particular forum would be much of a spoiler).

I am glad that Universal and AMC came to an agreement to still have a walkers street experience, even if it isn't officially part of the Dark Legions experience. It creates a great transition from the house to the street. I love how diverse the walkers look and they know how to blend into the crowd very well.

However, I sat in the street for over an hour last night and didn't see a massive 75-person cast change. It is my understanding that the massive change doesn't happen every 45 minutes; sometimes the switch happens in the Disaster queue line where they put up the wooden fence sections. On Friday, there were a lot of walkers back there, but on Saturday there was only one. I REALLY hope that Universal delivers on their promise of this highly-anticipated 75 plus person cast change. Has it been confirmed to have actually happened the way they have been advertising?

• Like 1

The 75+ horde was tested during EP. While it got good reactions on Twitter, I heard that they suffered some logistical problems regarding the massive number of actors trying to move in an already crowded street and will be tweaking the method and possibly the locations of everyone in the horde to avoid causing a huge problem.

• Like 1

The 75+ horde was tested during EP. While it got good reactions on Twitter, I heard that they suffered some logistical problems regarding the massive number of actors trying to move in an already crowded street and will be tweaking the method and possibly the locations of everyone in the horde to avoid causing a huge problem.

Thanks for the info, Cody. It's good to know that they still plan on delivering what should be a truly incredible experience. That's what is so great about going to HHN throughout its run - you get to see the tweaks they make to even better an extraordinary experience.

I had initially heard during EP that the huge horde was outright canceled, but then I heard word of people being moved to different spots during it. As far as I know, the idea was so popular when it occurred during EP (and marketed during the previews) that they're unwilling to just go "Oh, screw it. Scrap the whole thing."

Yeah the "horde" was less than impressive when I waited 20 minutes to see it. But I did so based on the recomendations of someone else who said it was good. So it's sounds inconsistent. the permanent horde is pretty cool but slow. (I guess that is normal to TWD though).

I had this idea though.. when someone takes a picture of them. the horde (if they were real) would probably converge on that person when the flash goes off. That would be a pretty neat scare.

• Like 1

Wesker was right..

This street is Extremely Dark to be effective, I did not think it was going to be this dark, the only time you could see everything was when the Fire would come out,

I saw about 4-5 walkers, don't recall seeing any others. The Problem is that this street is much much crowded than years before, so with so many people walking here is hard to notice who is a zombie and who is not, Add to that how Dark the streets are, and it looks kinda like a mess.

I still love the masks and the costumes and the actors I saw were pretty good, but there was too many people walking around and it is too dark,

I wish they at least placed more lights

Now while i'm still not really a fan... its still nice to have an actual SZ...

I was happy that Venom's cast was out in the street when we exited TWD last night. So yay for getting to see my fave SZ zombie! (even though had it been dark, i probably never would've been able to find him lol)

• Like 1

This horde doesn't get enough love.

I sat outside for at least 45 minutes last night and watched them do their thing.

People were cussing and running away, one girl spilled her drink on herself, and they reduced another girl to a cowering ball on the ground.

I wasn't a big WD fan coming into this event and I resented seeing it everywhere, but this horde was well cast. House is growing on me too.

• Like 3

I spent a long time last night watching this horde, and just had the best time. The walkers provide a good variety of scare action, and the reactions of the guests are just priceless. One of them was so freaked out she actually ran into me sitting there! I assume she was okay, she got up and ran off :) . Can't forget the numerous growls and bites from an all too familiar walker that I was trying to keep my eye on (and often failed).

And after that time - I think that this walker is in the street?

keisha_wd02-CU-300x199.jpg

Or maybe her sister - if only I had a door knob for her to rattle. Great work teams!

• Like 1

This horde doesn't get enough love.

I do agree with you. I have sat and watched the walkers in action and they do an amazing job at blending into the crowd and assaulting their victims when they least expect it. They don't have a large area to work with and I hope they are allowed to do a modified massive cast change so that we can see the true wonders of the Walking Dead casts.

On a side note, I don't know where to put this, but we got to see Gloria Estefan in front of the bus on Saturday night when they were filming her segment in the park. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, since there were so many on-lookers, I only have a side picture of her face, which is half-covered in a hood. She seemed to be enjoying herself, as she was surrounded by appendage-eating walkers!

• Like 3