Dark Legions: Warriors

Mark M.

I have confidence in every single horde. Don't make your opinions before you've seen what our men and women on the streets can do.

I don't think anyone is questioning the ability of the scareactors, I think we were just taken back by a few of the costumes revealed...probably not what we all expected or envisioned.

After all these years, I leave my final opinions after I see everything for myself... :)

• Like 2

I was watching the rehearsals for hhn tonight and the warriors are pretty damn intimidating they have long spears and the come in a pack of 16 with two packs and the costumes look a lot better!!

that is really great to hear, I am dying to see them, I seriously cannot wait, I know my reaction at first was very negative but I cannot wait to be proven wrong,

this is making me so curious, I really can't wait I wish I could see them now

I think the costumes allow a lot of freedom of movements. However, those costumes look like what they use in Cirque Du Soleil Ka.

http://www.youtube.c...6zqyDE#t=09m29s

Here they are when they assassinate a king and queen.

HA! we are getting our own Disney zone ^_^

I guess it will be fine, I was pretty pissed but that is because of the Clowns zone we ain't getting,

are all the Warriors male? I guess after a zone like 7 where the guys had the sins, I guess this year the girls are going to have their warriors lol

I got to watch the Warriors for a few minutes last night. I agree with what everyone has said about how it seemed they needed more scareactors in the street. When I walked over I only knew there were people over there because I saw an Iniquitus (which looked super cool). I think the up-side to this is that they blended so well into the crowd, from my few minutes of watching them they basically had a 100% success rate in their scares. They did a really good job of not letting their target see them until just the right moment.

Going into the event, I was not too excited about the warrior legion, based on the description and the costume. But I will say that they are an extremely intimidating group! They march down the street chanting in their formation and swinging their blades and then - BAM - they dispese and scare the crap out of people. I do wish that every warrior was given a weapon as the blades really help complete the costume. I have spent the most time watching the warriors, just based on timing and rotation of the hordes, and I will say they are amazing! I also got a unique experience as I was eating in Louie's on Saturday night when they (along with several other members of other hordes) bombarded the restaurant and went from table to table intimidating those trying to eat. I loved it! I also caught them in Sting Alley and they were also excellent fitting into the spaces and jumping out with their loud grunts. Very effective - keep up the great work, guys!

As a side note, I liked this legion so much that I became one of them on the Horror Unearthed game! Not that I'm helping too much yet, but we are in second place!

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed watching the Warriors for a bit last night. The whole freezing and then dispersing into the crowd was awesome to watch and some of them were really into it, going to lengths such as crawling on the ground which seemed to get a quite a few people. I'd only expect this group to get better with time.

I was very impressed with the tenacity of this group. They are very forceful. I had to jump out of there way multiple times when they are marching in formation. The time I saw them in CP, they were very good at disappearing into the crowd and then double teaming someone.

okay, I saw these guys in the flesh,

great energy. they were pretty good at marching and acting though, I liked the actors.

BUT...

I still do not understand what these costumes have to do with Halloween, or Halloween Horror Nights, or anything, These costumes could be used during the day and it wouldn't really scare anyone,

I am talking about the costumes not the actors, they were really good at scaring people from the energy they had alone.

I saw them, I liked the actors, I Still do not understand the concept behind these costumes, makes no sense to me, I mean, it is okay but, I would have liked to see something darker, scarier, they should have give them masks or something. Monster masks would have worked pretty well, that's just what I think

Edited by Mr. Black

Well, they don't have monster masks because they're not monsters.

HHN has engaged in more than one unusual concept for horror over the years. What matters is how they pull it off and how well they manage to scare you. Whether or not their costumes are monstrous or grotesque enough shouldn't matter.

Well, they don't have monster masks because they're not monsters.

HHN has engaged in more than one unusual concept for horror over the years. What matters is how they pull it off and how well they manage to scare you. Whether or not their costumes are monstrous or grotesque enough shouldn't matter.

yeah, and they are doing a good job at acting like warriors, but you cannot deny their costumes are too simplistic and just odd for HHN, kinda feels thrown together at last minute,

it is really nice that we have good actors playing the warriors, yeah, but still..

• Like 1