Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

*Grind runs to willcall at 5:30* "My tickets please!"

"ID?" *Grind hands over the ID* "Grindhousehero13... one moment."

"YESS! Getting printed tickets this time!" *she steps over to the printer* "Wait... no... NO... NO!" *ticket prints on regular paper* "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Here you go Grind, your tickets. Have a screaming good time!"

*Grind takes the printed tickets... weaps for just a moment... then skips into the park*

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

*Grind runs to willcall at 5:30* "My tickets please!"

"ID?" *Grind hands over the ID* "Grindhousehero13... one moment."

"YESS! Getting printed tickets this time!" *she steps over to the printer* "Wait... no... NO... NO!" *ticket prints on regular paper* "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

"Here you go Grind, your tickets. Have a screaming good time!"

*Grind takes the printed tickets... weaps for just a moment... then skips into the park*

if that happens it will litteraly happen like that haha

Dead End didn't interest me much. I read the description for it TWICE and forgot about it immediately after both times, barely remembering it now reading this forum haha

But back to Hollywood... I'll post this here and the Event Planning page...

Nobody's mentioned it yet but USH APs get $25 off on every killer deal night! So on 8 nights, you get the price of 41 bucks.

This is a major step up from last year's AP discount, which was only a DOLLAR less than the coupon price.

Depending on the night, that's a pretty good deal, say, if you're going on a night that's regularly only $15 off ($51).

With the AP discount, that's an extra 10 bucks saved.

idk this is the first year I would say that If I had a choice to go to both HHNO and HHNH I would skip orlando it realy does not impress me at all

they two of the exact mazes we have, one of our privouse mazes, and Deadend just seems like a generic house mixed with the plot from the apperation.

and House Of Horrors taken seriously? you mean you mean how our HOH is EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR!?!? original monster portrayed orignaly? think about what you guys are saying if Murdy came out and said and our last Maze House Of Horrors, no remake, no reamped just the way they are we would go more crazy then anyone did for Remixed. is it me or have they droped having icons? the only houses Im jelouse of are Penn & Teller and Gothic.

but back to this coast facebook just kepp teasing the commericial I wish they would just show it already -___-

• Like 1

Nooooot exactly. There was rumblings of leaving the HoH alone this year and I was already settled with that. Sure I would've had some negative things to say about it but not nearly the amount I have to say about UMR. And having HOH the same BUT with a 2 month revamp would actually please me very much and I'd be curious as to what new would be put in, what routes would be different, etc..

and House Of Horrors taken seriously? you mean you mean how our HOH is EVERY OTHER DAY OF THE YEAR!?!? original monster portrayed orignaly? think about what you guys are saying if Murdy came out and said and our last Maze House Of Horrors, no remake, no reamped just the way they are we would go more crazy then anyone did for Remixed.

Not quite, with all the rumors that their HoH will be black and white and using the tactics/effects from the 08' house "Dead Exposure" (Easily one of the scariest houses Orlando has ever made)...it's not like Hollywood's and it's already far more promising.

I think it being B&W is a fact and not a rumor. I'm sure I read an official description of it saying that. And I agree that the concept sounds fairly cool. If that were our overlay, I'd be fairly stoked if they just did a good job overlaying the upstairs portions of the house, tweaking some things in parts too familiar and giving it an overall different feel. I wonder how long it would take to paint the HoH in gray, black and white all over... lol

Edited by DTH316

still its classic monsters unchanged like weve seen 1000 times already I can appreciate the old school but I honestly see no diffrence between that maze and our normal HOH just minus chucky and dawn of the dead.

The monsters may be old school, but with Orlando's being HoH with a Dead Exposure twist...the presentation is different and based off the scares that were pulled off in DE, it's got a good chance of being much scarier. With DE's design of black set's and black zombies touched up with UV paint, and the main lighting being strobe lights, it made for a very unpridictable experience since they had scares coming from every possible direction...and you never knew where they were until the UV strobes went off and they we're attacking/in your face.

Not really. On top of the painting of EVERYTING, they would have to change all of the lighting to make such an idea work, along with the music to make it more 30s - 50s era centric and even replace a lot of props. That ALONE would make it far and above any of the overlays in the past. I even think all of the monsters would be changed a bit. The HoH is hard to re-theme, which is why such an idea would work brilliantly for us. The last 3 years (including this year) are classical/abundance of monsters because that's the only theme that truly FITS for it. Modern stuff in there just doesn't... mesh with all the classical elements. Which is probably why, or at least I HOPE, why UMR is getting such an extensive overlay. So the one idea they haven't done that would fit it the most, be true to the venue, be true to the tone and be something truly different is this idea!

Edited by DTH316

what props would be added if this was to happen in hollywood? they have the props already, the only rooms that dont realy fit the classics are the chucky psycho and dawn of the dead room mojority of they rooms are the wolfmans forrest, dracula's castle, frankenstien lab, the mummy tomb, the monsters according to the description will remian in their original forms but painted black and white, its litteraly like they just flew HOH to orlando and painted black and white. Dont get me wrong this is good for them cuz they can build it from scratch, they dont have work around an existing HOH, and they dont have a year round HOH, but here it would it would just be a waste of black and white paint hell lets just color the simpsons blue and sell them as the smurfs brand new attraction. It would fit that venue cuz it is that venue!

Some props/set design wouldn't fit with the theme and/or wouldn't fit the color schemes of simply just being repainted so they would have to be replaced or given new ones. This idea would essentially overhaul the entire building, including any other improvements to the sets, route and story they wanted to make.

But at the end of the day, even if they kept everything exactly the same but with a new coat of paint, and added in new lighting and a new soundtrack, like I said, it'd be far and above all the work they've put in on all the overlays in the past. I'm sure it would seem like a very different maze...

Question... exactly, who are the sickest minds in horror this year? Last year, I understood Eli Roth, Rob Zombie, maybe Alice Cooper and throwing Diego Luna in there just because they have a celeb's name but this year, there's no celebs presenting the mazes other than Alice Cooper, and I wouldn't exactly say he's effecting horror in anyway these days.

And any thoughts on the commercial? I think it's a cool little production but it says absolutely nothing about the event :-/

Question... exactly, who are the sickest minds in horror this year? Last year, I understood Eli Roth, Rob Zombie, maybe Alice Cooper and throwing Diego Luna in there just because they have a celeb's name but this year, there's no celebs presenting the mazes other than Alice Cooper, and I wouldn't exactly say he's effecting horror in anyway these days.

Why do celebs have to come to mind in the first place? I think the clear implication is that the event came from the sickest minds at Universal Studios - 'the place that invented horror'.

But agreed: the commercial tells us nothing about the event. Nice and generic - the cost-saving way I fear Universal is heading toward.

I think last year, the celebs were definitely the main focus when it came to "the sickest minds." But implying that Universal in general is the "sickest minds" now is a really lame way to go for them. Considering the event is created by Murdy and co. (who only represent the horror film genre), the executives who run the theme park (who definitely have nothing to do with any of that) and maybe some of the executives and producers of the films being represented (who probably aren't the SICKEST minds in horror and these projects were just next up on their slates among other works in other genres). Rob Zombie & Eli Roth are clear representatives of the genre, and can even be debated they're the sickest (they're not, but let's just say for marketing purposes they are or are at least, one of many).

I just don't think they should be using that phrase unless the individual minds can be clearly represented and named. Just my take on it!

Edited by DTH316

But agreed: the commercial tells us nothing about the event. Nice and generic - the cost-saving way I fear Universal is heading toward.

Compared to last year or 2010's, it's much better in my opinion....but it could have been better. I would've liked to see Leatherface in the ad somehow.