Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2012 Discussion

My anticipation level from most to least, thought I'd give it a try:

Welcome to Silent hill

Toyz

Alice Cooper: Goes To Hell 3D

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside / Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead (I'm just gonna straight up assume that one is gonna be better than the other right now, but since I have no idea which one, so I'mma anticipate them both at the same level)

Zilent Hill

Witchez

La Llorona: The Child Hunter

Klownz

Universal Monster Remix

Edited by Kurseddragon

Just figured out from one of my raver friends and saw the FB event page that they're trying to make a "raver day" for Sunday, Oct 28th, the day after Escape From Wonderland (Oct 27th).

Universal Monster Remix........ I blame this on you - _ - I feared this day would come.

If you don't want to run into annoying shufflers, hardstyle dancers, etc. or be blinded by their glow sticks, I recommend not attending this night.

for the prices going up they sure are cutting alot of ticket options, to be honest I hate the print out tickets call me oldschool but I like to have a actual ticket so im gonand does'nt the deal on the online tickets end at a certain date? that kinda sucks for people who cant buy there tickets till it gets closer to the day of their trip.

The inflation really needs to stop. KSF's prices have stayed the same for about 5 years now. I know HHN probably costs more to produce and it's a growing entity but in 5 years, tickets will be 80 bucks at this rate. 42 dollars for the cheapest ticket is really a damn shame but if there's a glass ceiling, that really needs to be it because if in just 2 years, the cheapest tickets get to 50 or more, it's not going to be affordable. Either that or extend their damn hours. Quit being so freakin' greedy!

Edited by DTH316

Its a business. They will continue to raise prices until people stop paying. This is the same argument I had back when Disneyland raised their AP prices. And Knott's has raised their prices every year too- there is just SO many discounts and promotions (And its less expensive overall) out there it isn't noticeable.. but even 3 or so years ago, I could get a night or two at 25 bucks, and I think the cheapest I could get last year was 32.00.

I

Hello! I'm new here. I started scanning this site pretty regularly about a year ago, right before my first trip to HHNO. These boards were pretty useful in my trip planning. I've been going to KSF and HHNH since I was 7. MonsterQuarium is the first maze I remember being in and I fell in love the second a mermaid was chain sawed in half. Looking forward to getting to know you all and perhaps I'll see you in the fog.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic at hand...

The price increases aren't a huge surprise to me. I think the regular tickets are still somewhat affordable but the FOTL and VIP admission is getting ridiculous. Especially since FOTL is a once per attraction type pass. For now it's still worth it to me, but eventually it may be a little more than I am willing to pay.

Here's my take on this year's offerings:

Klownz - I'm sorry to say I'm bored with this. I feel like they've gotten stale. I'd like to see something else grace NY. It's really the first thing you see after you pass the entrance so it should be something new and fresh that ties in to the theme somehow. Maybe next year.

Universal Monster Remix - Though I'm not a fan of dubstep and I feel this concept is completely lacking, I'm somewhat intrigued by this. I'm not excited for it, but I am interested to see what it's all about. Worst case scenario, I walk out dancing with my friends.

Toyz - I'm really excited about this scarezone. Having had a lot of dolls and toys growing up, the thought of them all coming alive to hurt me really freaked me out as a kid. I can't wait to see how this works out.

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside - My boyfriend got me really into this show and the graphic novels so I've become a huge fan of the property. While I am really excited for this maze, I'm afraid it will feel redundant if I experience the Terror Tram first. I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Witches - I love the history and lore behind witches, so I'm excited for this scarezone as well.

Alice Cooper: Goes to Hell 3D - Welcome to My Nightmare was my disappointment moment of last year's event. I grew up with Cooper's music and I was beyond excited to see his performance art translated to a maze. It just didn't work for me, although I did enjoy the room with the guillotine. That being said, I'm going to go into this maze expecting a letdown in the hopes that I'll walk away happily surprised at how good the maze was.

La Llorona: The Child Hunter - I missed this maze last year! I'm looking forward to experiencing it finally. Hopefully it's as good as/better than last year's rendition.

Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead - I think I'm more excited for this than the maze. I hope Murdy and Co. utilize the amazing outdoor settings and go for something that can be truly terrifying. I'd love to feel like there really is nowhere I can go to hide from the walkers. If the same route and sets as the last few years are being used, then this can turn out to be pretty disappointing.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure - I'm probably going to get skewered for this, but I've never been a fan of this show. I still go see it every year and giggle a few times, but for the most part I can never really get into it. I LOVE the Bill and Ted films if that counts for anything. LOL

Silent Hill - I've never played the game or seen the movie so I have no anticipation towards this at all. The only thing that will be cool for me is to experience something new and to see how my friends who are familiar with the property like it.

Welcome to Silent Hill - See above.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law - This is the one maze I am absolutely thrilled to visit again. TCM was my favorite maze back then, and depending on how TWD delivers, it may be my favorite maze this year.

Anticipation Level (from most to least):

Terror Tram: Invaded by the Walking Dead

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Saw is the Law

Alice Cooper: Goes to Hell 3D

Witches

Toyz

La Llorona: The Child Hunter

Welcome to Silent Hill

Universal Monster Remix

Silent Hill

Klownz

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure - I'm probably going to get skewered for this, but I've never been a fan of this show. I still go see it every year and giggle a few times, but for the most part I can never really get into it. I LOVE the Bill and Ted films if that counts for anything. LOL

THANK GOD I'm not the only one. I've never liked that show.

Its a business. They will continue to raise prices until people stop paying.

I

well the thing I dont get is whereever they give cupons or sell tickets they are normaly sponsered by so why do they keep kicking sponsers to the curb if the event is growing in popularity.

I can get the places that sell the tickets directly (Hot Topic, Ralphs vons ect) but I cant warp my head around why not do the cupons? its not for the sake of money (Im a college student with fincial aid, a job, a hand me down car, the only real thing I have to pay is car insurence and gas) it just makes things simple, I know the whole purpose of of buying tickets online is to make things simple and avoid crowds but alot of my firends have school or work and normaly dont know if there going till the week of or even the day of, and espeacialy if like perviouse years the discounts ends like the first week of HHN. plus lets be honest haveing an actual ticket instead of just the printed paper is way cooler!

• Like 1

Actually, I dont think that Carl's Jr. or whoever makes up the difference on whoever buys a ticket with the coupon. I'm not sure how those deals work, but to be honest, but I wouldnt be surprised if Universal had to PAY the fast food chain to even have the coupons. After all, its advertisement for Universal, not the other way around.

has anyone ever bought tickets online and did the shipping? or know someone who has? do they look the same as the tickets sold at the park? if so Im gonna splurge and pay for the fedex delivery, I know before people say well then it comes out the same as buying the tickets full price at the gates but if I order 9 tickects the it still 14 bucks so as long as im buying a group of tickets its just paying almost $1.50 extra on each tickets instead of $6 extra