2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still confused.

If I buy a FRONT OF THE LINE PASS today, which are available online for 129.00, will that get me into HHN next month, or is that an entirely different ticket?

I like the VIP perks, but how much more $$ are they in comparison to the FOTL pass, and I'm curious when those passes go "on sale"...Sometime in September?

I'm looking at the last weekend in September for my trip....Is Friday night less packed than Saturday??

Just from my personal experience, the VIP package isn't worth the cost. Luckily, I didn't need to pay for it because my friend won them from John during the Twitter contest, but if I payed for the VIP I would've been pissed.

The unlimited FOL perk was great, but besides that it wasn't anything spectacular for the steep price. They did a "Special Terror Tram" tour that took us into 6 Points Texas and told us a few phony ghost stories and let us experience Kong 360 3D/ Jaws and then dropped off where the other guests were to do the Terror Tram. The lounge that provides I believe 1 alcoholic beverage (underaged so couldn't get one lol) as part of the package and food was good but nothing special- mainly finger foods, sandwiches, etc...

Just a suggestion, you can go two nights - and add FOL passes both nights, AND buy food anywhere inside the park and enjoy the event just as much if not more than buying a VIP package- it'll save you some money and allow you to go to HHN twice. :)

from what I remember In 08 when I got it I bought my ticket at hottopic with a coke product and the ticket was like $40 then you have to upgrade your ticket I dont remember the exact cost but we paid around $50 extra

ah damn i wanna buy FOTL for opening night online since i know it will sell out but i also wanna use coupons for cheaper prices wut to do.....

You guys are confusing things...

When tickets go on sale, it's usually listed like this...

VIP Experience........... $199

Front of the Line..........$89

Advance Ticket............$42

General Admission......$59

If you want Front of the Line, you pay the $89 bucks and that's IT. It includes the ticket. Same thing with VIP.

HOWEVER, if you buy a general admission ticket, you can UPGRADE to a FOTL pass if you wish. You will have to pay the difference, which would be an extra $30 in this case.

That's the simplest way to explain it.

If you want Front of the Line, you pay the $89 bucks and that's IT. It includes the ticket. Same thing with VIP.

HOWEVER, if you buy a general admission ticket, you can UPGRADE to a FOTL pass if you wish. You will have to pay the difference, which would be an extra $30 in this case.

I was looking at the Orlando tix that are on sale just to get an idea. I know they're not the same, but a general admission ticket was something like $88, but then a FOTL pass on the same day I am going 10/28 is $59.99. If the FOTL pass included general admission, I don't think it would be cheaper then a regular general admission ticket. That really doesn't make sense to me. I guess Hollywood would have to do it totally different.

I think with regular daytime admission to the park, a stay and scream pass to HHN and an upgrade to FOTL was looking something like $200 bucks.

Orlando is way different than Hollywood. I went to HHNO and HHNH in 2010. In orlando, FOTL is called Express pass and its an additional charge. So you pay $89 to get into HHNO. Than you pay an additional $60 (friday and saturday) to get express pass. For a total of $149 for two seperate tickets (1 to get in and 1 for express service). In Hollywood, you pay one price for admission and FOTL on one ticket.

Orlando is way different than Hollywood. I went to HHNO and HHNH in 2010. In orlando, FOTL is called Express pass and its an additional charge. So you pay $89 to get into HHNO. Than you pay an additional $60 (friday and saturday) to get express pass. For a total of $149 for two seperate tickets (1 to get in and 1 for express service). In Hollywood, you pay one price for admission and FOTL on one ticket.

That's what I was wanting to hear. Cool.

alright NOW its all clear thank you for clearing things up getting FOTL for sure is its not over 110$

As said above, Orlando is way different. The way they do tickets is very different from us. Which is unfortunate because other than the pricing, it seems like they have a lot of awesome options to choose from. Also it's a much bigger event over there, so naturally their prices will reflect that, not to mention a different demographic coming through, as well as a different economy.

alright NOW its all clear thank you for clearing things up getting FOTL for sure is its not over 110$

You really can't go wrong with any of the admissions, especially if you work out some of your agenda in advance with help of these "scarevets" from HNN. Even with FOL, its helpful to hit some mazes when it opens (lower lot or anticipated maze up top) without having to use your FOL pass. That way, you could save up for any repeats later, or hit other mazes skipped in the beginning later on when the park is packed. Last year FOL was not unlimited so there is still some minor planning to optimize your stay. While its possible to enjoy most if not all the attractions in one night, I prefer not to spend any time in line waiting for the attraction. With the VIP/RIP, I was able to do extra things not offered on any other admission tier, unlimited food and drinks, AND visited the lounge numerous occasions just to relax and revel in the event!

I edited this as now I'm wondering if FOL might revert back to being unlimited. All pricing is reportedly going to be added this week.

Edited by AsylumSB

You really can't go wrong with any of the admissions, especially if you work out some of your agenda in advance with help of these "scarevets" from HNN. Even with FOL, its helpful to hit some mazes when it opens (lower lot or anticipated maze up top) without having to use your FOL pass. That way, you could save up for any repeats later, or hit other mazes skipped in the beginning later on when the park is packed. Last year FOL was not unlimited so there is still some minor planning to optimize your stay. While its possible to enjoy most if not all the attractions in one night, I prefer not to spend any time in line waiting for the attraction. With the VIP/RIP, I was able to do extra things not offered on any other admission tier, unlimited food and drinks, AND visited the lounge numerous occasions just to relax and revel in the event!

I edited this as now I'm wondering if FOL might revert back to being unlimited. All pricing is reportedly going to be added this week.

unlimited food @.@ but im assuming its just little snacks right?

what about the drinks im not 21 so what can they offer soda lol??

They serve things like shrimp cocktails, roast beef sandwiches, chips with dip, vegetable platters, lunch meats and a variety of cheeses, different types of bread, etc... Pretty good variety of food.

I was 17 last year when I was in the lounge so they offer you either water or sodas. Lol

They serve things like shrimp cocktails, roast beef sandwiches, chips with dip, vegetable platters, lunch meats and a variety of cheeses, different types of bread, etc... Pretty good variety of food.

I was 17 last year when I was in the lounge so they offer you either water or sodas. Lol

The whole "ALCOHOL AT HHN" is a bit of overkill. VIP/RIP offers you two alcohol drinks for the entire night and thats it. Whether you are underage or older (kinda seasoned) like me really does not matter. It should not come down to that to make a choice of how you attend. I was thrilled just to have water and soda available for the entire night. Now the food......I've already mentioned it before in this thread.....Yum! Just thinking about it, I almost forget some of the details of the mazes over what was served that night!! Hee Hee. Need more monsters :leatherface::freddy::jason: . Ah, That's better.

no the FOTL pass you buy right now is for Reguler Universal Studios seprate from HHN, the FOTL will go on sale when the Tickets do, but the the FOTL DOES NOT include admission so you add the FOTL price to the ticket price.

Friday has less people then saturday.

What is this? An HHN fan who has no idea what Bill & Ted is? ;)

It's basically the staple show of the event where Bill and Ted get involved in a parody of pop culture and movie screw-ups of the entire year. It's a fun show and you can't leave without seeing it.

THANKS EVERYBODY! Now I've got it! ;)

@Freak...Oh THAT Bill and Ted! :lol:

Frequent Fear Passes to be on sale again this year. That'll definitely affect planning options. 8 nights and on sale Wednesday exclusively for FB fans. Very limited amount of 500, and last year they sold out in 30 minutes, so it's a hot buy!

Avoid the JP CAFE. There burgers are burnt on the outside and pink on the inside. The personal pizzas are always cold and the bread sticks are always hard. The best places to eat in the park are Panda Express, Cantina, and Louise Pizza. You can't go wrong with orange chicken and egg rolls. The nachos from Cantina are really good and plentiful. I wouldn't bother with the souvenir sipper since you'll have to carry it with you all night.

The Universal Studio Store on Citywalk sells the exact same merchandise as the stores in the park do, so you can buy all of your souvenirs there before you enter the park and leave them in your car.

Most people don't even know there is a lower lot. Go there first to avoid the crowd and lines that will form later on . Transformers is a decent ride, but it's not worth the wait . Like the Kong Express, you'll be disappointed and pissed if you wait more than 30 minutes for this attraction.

Once you're back upstairs, hit the terror tram! After the tram, go to WWW venue and then the T2 Que. Catch the Bill and Ted show afterwards and if there's time, La Llorona. House of Horrors is always a mess. IMO They should just add more scare actors and keep the same theme and characters as the daytime version.

The way I tend to do it getting there at opening and hitting up the T2 venue right away. Zip right down to the lower lot and do Mummy Venue and Jurassic Park Venue. (I might spend a little more time down here than usual on repeats since these are the only ones I'm terribly interested in doing twice)

Head back up and do WWW and Shrek venues. Terror Tram after that. After that just kick around and do HoH at some point and hit up a repeat depending on lines.

Question: What's the busiest the Terror Tram line gets?

I never seen the line get longer then 10 minutes when I go but Im not sure if thats the longest

Depends what night you go. Before, I always went on a weekday and like Grind said, never seen it reach higher then 10, 15 minutes at the most. It would actually say "no wait!" more often. However, last year I went opening night, which is a Friday, and it was the biggest cluster fuck of a line for the Terror Tram. It was 45 minutes and extended allllll the way back into the extended queue and we walked in zig zags for literally 20 minutes before actually stopping. This was around 8:30 - 9 PM though, as I'm sure before that time, it was probably 20 at the most. When I went later in the event on a Thursday, it was another "no wait!" situation.

So my guess is...

Fridays and Saturdays from 7 - 8: 10 - 15 minutes.

Fridays and Saturdays from 8 - 11: 20 - 45 minutes

Fridays and Saturdays from 11 - 12: No Wait! - 10 minutes

Thursdays, Sundays and Halloween from 7 - 8: No Wait!

Thursdays, Sundays and Halloween from 8 - 10: 10 minutes

Thursdays, Sundays and Halloween from 10 - 12: No Wait!

Those last two are the pre-early closure days though. Not enough experience on that to make a full hypothesis.

Just bought my golden ticket for the multi night! *Dances* I got a golden tiiiiicket.....

So for those of you buying the front of the line pass, it is once again one time use per ride and haunted house. If you watch the FotL promo video on their official YouTube page, it will mention that in their description.

okay time to get back on topic :)

I have gone every year since 2006 to HHN Hollywood and every year i have done ALL the mazes heres my tips on how to see everythig [WARNING I SKIP BILL & TED](not my cup of tea sorry]

1.Arrive Early I Usually arrive like at 5:00pm to walk around citywalk a bit then line up at 6:00pm, sure its in hour wait but they start letting you in 15mins before.

2.Try to get front row to the Opening Scaremonies once the let the chainsaws loose on you RUN dont walk to the bottom Mazes people tend to start at the top and end the day on the bottom so that means less wait for Top Lot Mazes i tend to do the lower lot mazes TWICE just to take advantage of the low wait times.

3.At this point i tend to go on the Terror Tram since it closes early.

4.After Terror Tram i head to Shrek Area Maze right next to Terror Tram.

5.Hit Wild West Show Area Maze lines should be calmer since everyone is moving down to lower lot.

6.After that head straight to T2 Area this maze tends to always have long waits but everytime i've gone its been a 40min wait not too bad.

7.And the end the night like always i head to HoH reasoning for it being last is simply because its not that special really same thing every year just diffrent monsters.(that might change this year)

doing this every year i literally have 3 hours to spend repeating fav mazes and walking around scarezones.

Hope this helps alot of people that have had problems in the past :capt:

Front of the Line passes seem like they'll be done differently this year.

"Bring your Print@Home ticket to the front gate turnstiles on the event night and you will receive your pass/credential."

This is the same way they do annual passes if you buy them online for regular USH.

So I'm guessing your ticket will be scanned and out will pop out your FOTL pass that can be hole punched/scanned.

I know people were saying before that will call was sometimes an issue so this seems like a good fix.

So I guess there's no upgrade option for front of the line pass for $30-40 is there? Reason is that I want to go to the day park as well and I'm looking for a package. A day/night combo works, but I also want front of the line which already includes admission, but its $89 for that. So I'd be spending $89 (fotl) plus $99 (day/night pass). Any way around this or to save money?

Edited by manbeast