2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

Eaten at both Mel's and Flintstones.....always wanted to act like a caveman while eating those oversized Turkey Legs.."ugh, Meat!". Maybe it was so late past "normal" dinner hours but did not recall anything to rave about. Mel's did have deep fried twinkies which made for a great late night snack.

Places I've eaten: Mel's, JP Cafe, Flinstones BBQ, Doc Brown's Chicken, Pizza Hut by the entrance, Louie's.

My favorite has to be... Doc Brown's. So much food for the price! Other than that, either JP Cafe or Mel's for little quick and cheap meals. Everything else I've been disappointed by.

Every year, I would crave that Flinstones BBQ. Like Grind said, it SMELLS delicious. I was so happy when I tried it for the first time until... it was very bleh. I got the ribs and they were fairly tough. The meat fell off the bone but not in a tender way, just like they somehow slabbed meat around some bones and gave it to ya, but it wasn't quick to eat. Also, the chips were so hard, it was difficult to enjoy on a passable level. Wasn't just a "they're old and stale thing." It says specifically on the bag how they're cooked, I think it's kettle cooked or something, I don't remember, but I hated it. Louie's has the same, "OMG, it smells so good!" but disappointment thing going too.

One thing I've wanted to try is the El Pollo Loco. Is that any good? (I've had regular El Pollo Loco and love it, but I've always wondered if they have the same exact stuff -- mashed potatoes, rice, etc. -- and if they have anything extra)

Other than that, I think I'll stick with Doc Brown's, Mel's or JP Cafe. I would like to make it a tradition to go to one of these but I'm having a hard time picking just one :-/ haha

Edited by DTH316

I normally go T2 Queue first then WWW but since Alice Cooper is gonna be closed for the first hour.

I'd go to The Walking Dead (hopefully get all the scares first) then

Lower Lot into TCM, then Silent Hill.

From there I'd go to Transformers (it WILL be packed later on in the night because it is a brand-new attraction), and then The Mummy and JP:In the Dark (if anyone in my group is up for it)

Then I'd go up, go Terror Tram, grab a snack, probably go into the Simpsons (I sure hope not though, but if my group wants to :/)

After would be Alice Cooper 3D, Remix, and then Bill & Ted.

La Llorona would be after Remix if theres enough time but i doubt it. I don't know but I feel less excited for La Llorona this year, doesn't seem too great

I feel like the food deserves its own thread at this point haha. I did RIP last year and I will never go back. Discount on merch was 20%, and food was slashed 10%. Also, as far as hotels, me and the wifey like to do the Burbank Airport Mariott. It's only about a 5 minute drive to the park, and it's one of the nicer hotels I've stayed in anywhere (surprisingly) as its recently renovated. Plus it's only about $130 so it's almost a steal. I don't like to make the drive back to south OC at 2 on days I HAVEN'T spent the night shuffling through miles of gore and horror.

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still confused.

If I buy a FRONT OF THE LINE PASS today, which are available online for 129.00, will that get me into HHN next month, or is that an entirely different ticket?

I like the VIP perks, but how much more $$ are they in comparison to the FOTL pass, and I'm curious when those passes go "on sale"...Sometime in September?

I'm looking at the last weekend in September for my trip....Is Friday night less packed than Saturday??

Edited by Deadlikeme

Here's my plan. (Hope it helps)

NOTE: There are Mazes from 2011 that I'll try LATER on in the night....I made the mistake last year of doing HOH first due to the annual pass zone, and ended up missing alice the first night due to the wait times.

FIRST:

Walking Dead (It's the first thing...I know...but why not squeeze out one maze first....You figure, La Llorona, Alice, and HOH can wait...seeing as they were basically there last year.)

Silent Hill

Transformers (Single Rider...depending on wait)

TCM

Jurassic Park

Mummy

Simpsons (Maybe)

Terror Tram

La Llorona

Alice Cooper

HOH

Bill and Ted

Thinking of doing this...I'l probablly eat before hand and then eat later on during a break.

I may do TT later on in the evening...I normally will do it twice.

What the heck is Bill and Ted??

What is this? An HHN fan who has no idea what Bill & Ted is? ;)

It's basically the staple show of the event where Bill and Ted get involved in a parody of pop culture and movie screw-ups of the entire year. It's a fun show and you can't leave without seeing it.

Thanks for the replies, but I'm still confused.

If I buy a FRONT OF THE LINE PASS today, which are available online for 129.00, will that get me into HHN next month, or is that an entirely different ticket?

I like the VIP perks, but how much more $$ are they in comparison to the FOTL pass, and I'm curious when those passes go "on sale"...Sometime in September?

I'm looking at the last weekend in September for my trip....Is Friday night less packed than Saturday??

no the FOTL pass you buy right now is for Reguler Universal Studios seprate from HHN, the FOTL will go on sale when the Tickets do, but the the FOTL DOES NOT include admission so you add the FOTL price to the ticket price.

Friday has less people then saturday.