2012 Event Planing, Tips and Tricks Of The Trade

Wait until Murdy gives the link for the FOL separate upgrade. They have it for people doing exactly what you're trying to do. These usually take a week or so after the initial announcement of tickets after enough people have asked/complained about it but there WILL be one.

Just wondering if anyone parks at the Metro Parking on lankershim for HHN.

I usually park there when I visit durring the day about once a month and never have had a problem. Has anyone been or know of anyone being towed there?

leaving it there till as late as 230am might raise some red flags though, I would hate to have it towed. Does anyone know if the metro runs that late?

This is all Universal's fault if there stupid parking pass was valid after 5pm I would just upgrade my pass to that.

Going once to HHN is not bad but I'll be going at least 10 nights so 150.00 for parking would suck!

First time coming to this event. Very excited. A friend and I are traveling from the twin cities to come to the Event on September 29th. Have already learned a lot from reading over this thread. The question I have for you all now is related to ticket upgrades.

Last friday, my friend and I both bought the "Front of the line" pass, as that seemed like the best deal. Having now read over this thread, it sounds like in the past there has been VIP tickets, which sounds like an even better deal! Does anyone know from past events, that if VIP tickets are released this year, will we be able to upgrade our "Front of the LIne" passes them?

The main question though is what will opening nighters do since it'll be closed for the first hour?!

My only hope is I can somehow rush along my friends so we can hit the lower lot and run back up and be at the entrance by 8 while there's still no line.

Lower lot and across to the Terror Tram is a fairly easy task, but going back and passed WWW and all the way to T2 and then back up passing WWW again (I know by that time they'll have lost faith in me lol), going passed La Llorona and then hitting TT just sounds hard to rush 6 - 8 people to do.

My hope is that I can replace my "upper lot first" with La Llorona, then go to the lower lot, then the TT and by that time, even if ACGTH is 90 minutes, I should still hopefully have enough time.

I don't know, what do y'all think?!

The main question though is what will opening nighters do since it'll be closed for the first hour?!

My only hope is I can somehow rush along my friends so we can hit the lower lot and run back up and be at the entrance by 8 while there's still no line.

Lower lot and across to the Terror Tram is a fairly easy task, but going back and passed WWW and all the way to T2 and then back up passing WWW again (I know by that time they'll have lost faith in me lol), going passed La Llorona and then hitting TT just sounds hard to rush 6 - 8 people to do.

My hope is that I can replace my "upper lot first" with La Llorona, then go to the lower lot, then the TT and by that time, even if ACGTH is 90 minutes, I should still hopefully have enough time.

I don't know, what do y'all think?!

wait a minute what will be closed for the first hour??

i havnt heard of this and I am goin opening night

Yup, the last 2 years, the T2 venue has opened late on opening night because of the Eyegore Awards.

I'm REALLY hoping that Transformers is just eating people up all night and diminishes the lines for everything, shortening the usual 70 - 100 minute line for the T2 queue to a more reasonable 40 - 60 minute one.

Yeah, I'm assuming it'll take an hour or more to finish all of lower lot for me and my group of friends.

Probably going into Transformer's after Silent Hill since it's right there and it should be a short wait.

Really hoping this turns out good for us. :P My first trip usually turns out a little bad regardless of the pattern I take.

T2 isn't "right there" after the escalators haha, you gotta go passed the Castle Theater, passed a few shops, passed the Animal Actors stage, around the other side and all the way down French street. It's not from one end of the park to another or anything but I wouldn't call it close enough to say it's just "right there."

And why does your first trip go a little bad? Explain!

T2 isn't "right there" after the escalators haha, you gotta go passed the Castle Theater, passed a few shops, passed the Animal Actors stage, around the other side and all the way down French street. It's not from one end of the park to another or anything but I wouldn't call it close enough to say it's just "right there."

And why does your first trip go a little bad? Explain!

I said Transformer's, not T2. :P

Idk, just bad luck? :P There's usually different factors that cause it and it's different each year.

Last year we got there late and had to leave early.

First time I went ever, I had no idea how to do it, and barely ended up going in one maze (Was the only maze I went in for that whole year).

The second time I don't even remember, so it couldn't have been too memorable? Lol.

It's kool, though. At least one of the days I go after the first time it ends up being extremely lucky.

Last year. the second time I went, I was first in line for everything at the start (Metal detectors, Front Gate, Opening Ceremony) without even having a VIP pass or anything. The third time I was able to change up my normal pattern and the whole park seemed basically empty until 8:30. I got like 4 mazes done in an hour and a few rides.

For those that are wanting to finalize your plans to attend HHNs, the website was updated to include VIP Access as an admission option. $179 off peak nights and $199 for peak nights. I was happy to see that they are basically bringing back the same format and have a great lil' video that describes the content of VIP.