HHN 2012: Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: 3D

DTH316

i cant see your pictures DTH! D:

but i do agree the facade for last years alice maze was much better than this years

They didn't work when you clicked the spoiler tag? You can find them on ThemeParkAdventure's twitter page!

The one thing that WILL make this facade cool is a video of Alice Cooper will be playing in the ticket booth (if you've seen Ed Alonzo's show at KSF, think Neil Patrick Harris' opening segment). Everything else about that facade screams "KNOTTS!!" to me :-/

the whole eyeless thing looks kinda repetitive so does the Alice eye makeup but im still excited for this maze Alice rules :chainsaw:

Alice's restaurant in Phoenix, Alice Cooperstown, follows the same symbolism: the wait and host staff all have the eye makeup!

They didn't work when you clicked the spoiler tag? You can find them on ThemeParkAdventure's twitter page!

The one thing that WILL make this facade cool is a video of Alice Cooper will be playing in the ticket booth (if you've seen Ed Alonzo's show at KSF, think Neil Patrick Harris' opening segment). Everything else about that facade screams "KNOTTS!!" to me :-/

You'll sort of get your wish. I just read on ITM, that AC will be voicing a skeleton Animatronic barker to entice you to enter the maze. Kind of a cool feature considering you can see the facade a while before you enter the maze.

What I meant by saying that was that I heard something along the lines of that too. Not that I wish or wanted that haha but it WILL make it a cooler looking facade.

Anybody looked at it with the 3D glasses yet? It looks a bit better.

^Oh, I figured it wouldn't work with regular lighting. Usually pics like that look best under full stage lighting to see the 3D. I'll try it once I find my 3D glasses.

Edit: And speaking of 3D glasses, does anyone think that the glasses will have the AC makeup on it? It only seems to make sense.

Edited by Hauntfan

What I meant by saying that was that I heard something along the lines of that too. Not that I wish or wanted that haha but it WILL make it a cooler looking facade.

Anybody looked at it with the 3D glasses yet? It looks a bit better.

When i tried it out i was in aMAZEment lol :P

Another thing I didn't dig about WTMN, that I don't think I've ever mentioned, is it seems its main focus is to gross out instead of scare. This seems to kinda be what they're going for with this one too. Not that that has no place at a haunt or anything, it's just not my type of maze.

Found a video for y'all. Some scenic spoilers, no scare spoilers though. Walk into the maze, some gates of Hell, hoarder room stuff. Cat poop... because there's nothing scarier than cat poop - _ - Be sure to put on your 3D glasses -- personally, it still just looks like blurry-vision but there ARE some improvements.

Edited by DTH316

^I love Knott's mazes too. I don't get the hate for Knott's on these boards! :P

Although, I do think this maze seems to have more of a "Wow!" factor than most of Knott's 3D mazes, more of a show element you could say.

For those saying it looks like a cartoon. It's because the concept art for the characters?!?! We haven't seen how they will actually look. The SZ art from 2010 didn't necessarily look the same as the finished product. Same goes for the WTMN characters last year. They didn't look as goofy as the concept art made them look. But what I don't get is HHNO always gets one dark humor mazes, and there are some elements of that in ACGTH, but it definitely doesn't look overbearing. Alice Cooper always says he finds the humor in horror, we should expect some of that to carry over. It's no surprise to me, which is why this maze is high on my anticipation list. That and the fact I like variety in theme park haunts, that's why go to Knott's and HHN and not to Sinister Pointe and other stand alone haunts, I like a night full of variety. For me it goes like this

Alice Cooper = Scary/Old School Maze

Texas Chain Saw Massacre = Gritty/Dark Gore Maze

Welcome to Silent Hill = Pulse Pounding Maze

The Walking Dead: Dead Inside = Off the Wall/Insane Maze

La Llorona = Creepy/Spooky Maze

Universal Monsters Remix = Classic/Fun Maze

You'll notice each maze takes an aspect and goes all the way with it. That's how Orlando has been successful in the past, and I think John sees we need variety with mazes like Alice Cooper and La Llorona. Compare this to 2010

HOTC = Gore/Gross Out Maze

Nightmare on Elm Street = Creepy Maze

Friday the 13th = Gore/Gross Out Maze

Saw: Game On = Gore/Gross Out Maze

Vampyre: Castle of the Undead = Creepy Maze

You'll see the mazes repeated types of feelings. I think John has realized that and he's trying to give us variety. Do you remember last year when he was so excited about the variety of the mazes? He realizes fans get bored of Slasher/Gore mazes all the time, he's trying to give us what we want with a nice variety, which is why Alice Cooper and La Llorona and dare I say Universal Monsters Remix are so important to our event. That's why Knott's and HHNO have been successful for a long time, variety.

/rant

• Like 1

I don't think there's any Knotts bashing here. I love Knotts too, for its own worth, I just obviously hold HHN to a higher standard in set, character and scare design. So when we say things like "it looks like a Knotts maze," to me, that's like saying "HHN has lowered their standards." And I do think a lot of the character art work came off as cartoony last year and they were replicated into real life fairly cartoony as well. Bold features, bold colors and some bold environments. And again, I do think variety is important and I'm not saying there's no place for this type of maze, I just personally don't enjoy this type of maze as much as the darker type mazes. The only bright, wacky and 3D mazes I've ever actually liked ALOT were C3 and Malice.

Hopefully the barker looks amazing and moves very fluidly. Knotts has been doing this for years, still does. There were barkers for C3, Uncle Bobos, and the last time I remember one (or TWO I should say) being a full on skeleton was on top of the Calico Mine Ride queue somewhere. Can't remember which attraction what it was for though. There's probably way more but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Murdy said that little box will move so I think it'll maybe be turned toward the guests in the queue instead of being apart of the facade. I think that'd be better anyway, since if it were the facade, people wouldn't get much time to look at it. But in queue, you'd be stopped at it for awhile.