HHN 2012: Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: 3D

DTH316

"Face the 7 deadly sins with Alice Cooper. Raising hell in 3D"

- Located in the T2 venue.

- In 3D.

- Based on Alice Cooper's sequel album to Welcome To My Nightmare, "Alice Goes To Hell."

- Also draws inspiration from "The Last Temptation of Alice" and the epic poem, "Dante's Inferno."

- The first "sequel" maze for HHN.

- Was codename "Dante" in Murdy's Carny Codename Challenge.

- Exclusive to Hollywood. Orlando gets Welcome to My Nightmare.

- Alice spilled the beans a day early on his Nights With Alice Cooper UStream channel.

Here's the official announcement:

More information coming when available.

Where is this film that Murdy flew to get and took so long to edit? Apparently there was a lot of footage and cool stuff. All I saw was a Alice hold a blade to Murdy's throat with some re-run clips. Perhaps it's still coming?

Here's the official announcement video:

With that, this topic is back open.

Thanks for re-opening the thread Freak

and ok this just further my crazy grandpa Alice craze lol "Don't Kill Murdy Grandpa!!!!"

One scene will feature the scent of cotton candy...

This would be a missed opportunity if they didn't sell actual cotton candy at the event... near the maze..

"Get your Alice Cooper Cotton Candy!... He went to Hell to get it!"

they always sell cotton candy just saying lol

so kudos on whoever called the 7 deadly sins

Im excited but like what me and other have said hopefully the story is made clear, and does this count as our first actual sequal maze?

I would say this is our first "sequel" house. Saw: Game Over was more of a... director's cut of Saw: Game On haha. Or wait... is the names switched around? I can't remember haha Same thing with "Freddy's Nightmares" and "Home Sweet Hell," which were extensions and improvements.

This appears to be an all brand new maze. It does say "all new" in the promo pic, instead of just "NEW!" I suspect there may be a scene from WTMN in there just for fun.

I'm thinking this will go into the T2 queue for a few reasons... the reuse of walls from Alice and the reuse of walls from HOTC, which was the other 3D maze. Other than that, those are my only two indications.

Anywho, I'm happy for Murdy. You can tell he's having the time of his life with his idol and getting to work side by side with him for 2 years in a row.

This sounds better than WTMN also. Although the music on the Goes to Hell album is the same hokey-horror stuff, I think the imagery that'll be shown will be much more horrific. But I suspect like WTMN, the scariness will be amped just a tad more but nothing significant so it'll still be the same "fun horror maze" like WTMN was last year instead of "truly terrifying horror maze."

so kudos on whoever called the 7 deadly sins

Thank you, I remember saying it for the longest time, I wanted it to be 7 deadly sins as well. With Alice tied in, that makes it even more exciting for me! :D

the scariness will be amped just a tad more but nothing significant so it'll still be the same "fun horror maze" like WTMN was last year instead of "truly terrifying horror maze."

I don't know DTH, the promo pic looks a lot darker than the first one we got. I would imagine it would be on the same level as HOTC as far as terror factor. This really is our first "true" sequel house. All the other mazes that have come back promoted as new have just had a few scenes tweaked. But this is a truly all new original maze set in the same world, similar to Orlando's Body Collectors and Psychoscarepy sequels. I'm excited for sure.

Thank you, I remember saying it for the longest time, I wanted it to be 7 deadly sins as well. With Alice tied in, that makes it even more exciting for me! :D

I don't know DTH, the promo pic looks a lot darker than the first one we got. I would imagine it would be on the same level as HOTC as far as terror factor. This really is our first "true" sequel house. All the other mazes that have come back promoted as new have just had a few scenes tweaked. But this is a truly all new original maze set in the same world, similar to Orlando's Body Collectors and Psychoscarepy sequels. I'm excited for sure.

IDK I kinda liked WTMN for its Campiness the only thing for me was the story not being presnted well Orlando seems to at least tell the story in the discription. What is the story behind Goes To Hell anyways?

IDK I kinda liked WTMN for its Campiness the only thing for me was the story not being presnted well Orlando seems to at least tell the story in the discription. What is the story behind Goes To Hell anyways?

I liked it for that reason too, but it doesn't look like ACGTH will have the same feel.

The maze or the album? I believe the album is about Steven going to hell, it doesn't have much of a story, at least compared to WTMN. The maze seems to be more based of Alice Cooper taking you to hell rather than the album.

One scene will feature the scent of cotton candy...

This would be a missed opportunity if they didn't sell actual cotton candy at the event... near the maze..

"Get your Alice Cooper Cotton Candy!... He went to Hell to get it!"

Ha lol also Flavors: Demon Bluberry and Devil Cherry

The color blast lighting technique is what they used in HOTC. Makes it so you don't have to paint the entire maze with black light paint. But this year they are doing a combination of black light and color blasts. Black light is what they use in Uncle Bobo's at Knotts. Doesn't lend itself well for doing realistic scenes.

I actually prefer that they use black light along with the LED color blasts. UV looks a bit more realistic in my book. Anything to make the 3D more nightmare-ish and more life-like is a win in my book. HoTC was a true experiment to see how they could pull it off and it needed to improve.

UGGGGH I feared that was the answer. I'd rather they perfect the technique they started with but oh well, guess I'll be up for a trip into Carnival of Carnivorous Clowns, Malice in Wonderland, Feary Tales, Uncle Bobos, Dia De Los Muertos meets Alice Cooper.

But seriously... bright colored mazes... no scary.