HHN 2012: Alice Cooper Goes to Hell: 3D

DTH316

7 photos Inside the Magic took in a tour with Murdy. Looks amazing even though it's clearly unfinished. The Gates of Hell Scene should look great once the lava is finished on the floor. Also, which maze was the Gluttony scene used in last year? I remember it clearly. https://www.facebook...pe=3&permPage=1

Edited by JGmoney1996

Facade looks amazing!

wondering how the Greed room will work will it really be just alot of stuff stacked up? or will they arrange them

That's the hoarding scene, that's how it stays. However, I'm guessing people will pretend to be toys and flail out from the "rubble". Or if there is no stuff behind us, people will jump out there while we look at the piles of crap.

I would very much appreciate it if you guys can discuss the details and hide any images inside of the maze from other sites in spoiler tags. Discuss all you want about the scenes specifically, but please be considerate of those who want to be totally surprised about the house before the event starts. Thanks! :)

Now I did get a look at the facade and one certain room that was posted by InsideTheMagic shared by one of my FB friends, and I really like what I'm seeing so far. I think the facade looks pretty good, though I think it could've been a bit more creative.

(MODERATE) SPOILER: I think the large lava room looks really cool. This shows me that Murdy is at his best when it comes to original content.

Augh, my anticipation just went down for this maze. Don't get me wrong, a lot of that stuff looks amazing but it's not the dark tone I was hoping they were going for on this one. It looks better than WTMN because there seems to be more of a focus but I can't exactly see myself getting scared in this maze. It kinda just looks like "WTMN, now with MOAR!!!" Lots of reused stuff, but that's not that big of a gripe with me. Personally, I liked the WTMN facade more as well. And the eye make up... uggggh, I'm with you on that one Grind haha

Edited by DTH316

Augh, my anticipation just went down for this maze. Don't get me wrong, a lot of that stuff looks amazing but it's not the dark tone I was hoping they were going for on this one. It looks better than WTMN because there seems to be more of a focus but I can't exactly see myself getting scared in this maze. It kinda just looks like "WTMN, now with MOAR!!!" Lots of reused stuff, but that's not that big of a gripe with me. Personally, I liked the WTMN facade more as well. And the eye make up... uggggh, I'm with you on that one Grind haha

Dark tone, meaning more gothic? The tone here, especially looking at the "big room", looks pretty dark to me; add onto the reaper-ish costumes and the high gore...I don't see how this can seem any darker? I really wonder what you were expecting.

It's oddly colorful with all the 3D stuff slapped onto the walls. Conceptually, a lot of the characters seem slightly cartoony in comparison to the realistic, haunting images of say, La Llorona. None of the characters SEEM scary. And none of the pix were like "oooh, I don't wanna go in that room." I figured with the hellish theme, it'd be much more grueling, demented and yes, gothic. Or at least taken a bit more seriously, because not all dark mazes have to be gothic (Saw, TCM). I guess GRIT is the word I'm looking for, maybe. This still could be a very good maze, maybe even one of the best ones of the night, but as of now, my expectations are only imagining something meagerly better than WTMN.

Some new pix below --

UPDATE: This picture gives me a better sense of what the Gates of Hell scene will look like. Basically the river scene in LL but with Lava.

646292314.jpg?key=1024764&Expires=1346213414&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=xQ1l6eqZSN~PRLBJYyRd7naf5x12pdH~gHzBOp09WBmmpjP~~KF-mpCnpq2OI-R2hCdSoQAIK-vY5nw20QmYFMf8VOPXtpQ0VoX0d0dY~ThHg-yVgNkuG1cDeHKlGv79nHqptnF~RSp8Apw8LE-vZvsox5ave-yvfXJs9p5NgUI_

I love this element! They're trying to crawl out of hell!

646236752.jpg?key=1024764&Expires=1346213309&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=QTQmZdv~hueY75FioUuTx5lYIUwPrG2m9roXbBYhTJuHICLE-LsSwe4vNym7Cqmc4DC2MwAkIvvsxK35PD564rLY~AU5177NZtW3e64VXup3KBDp2W7U5hGBz8ZBZyUKtbGq6K8jcwy8YHGTiPWD7TVtICZdPBZEOr3ND7iWoBc_

Edited by DTH316

It's oddly colorful with all the 3D stuff slapped onto the walls. Conceptually, a lot of the characters seem slightly cartoony in comparison to the realistic, haunting images of say, La Llorona. None of the characters SEEM scary. And none of the pix were like "oooh, I don't wanna go in that room." I figured with the hellish theme, it'd be much more grueling, demented and yes, gothic. Or at least taken a bit more seriously, because not all dark mazes have to be gothic (Saw, TCM). I guess GRIT is the word I'm looking for, maybe. This still could be a very good maze, maybe even one of the best ones of the night, but as of now, my expectations are only imagining something meagerly better than WTMN.

I seem to get what you were expecting, which is totally understandable. Taking into account that this is an Alice Cooper house, I knew it wasn't going to be a mere "gritty" house as a depiction of hell, but more of a cross between the colorful zaniness of Alice Cooper and of the horrific. To me, I think they are doing good by using that approach.

As much as I agree with you DTH, I would wait until you go through the maze with show lighting and full scenic before calling it too colorful. From the pictures it looks that way, but who knows what it will look like in its finished, fully show lit form.

Well I'm fully aware of the lighting transformation but given that it has to be bright enough to visibly see the 3D, it'll be moderately bright in there to make sure the 3D pops. Ever notice HOTC is the only maze people filmed in that didn't need nightvision? I'm hoping some scenes, like HOTC's house facade in the maze and underground scenes, will be fairly dark.

Edited by DTH316