HHN 2012 Auditions Schedule

Just curious.. but how do some actors get put in chainsaw position ?

On the application you indicate what your applying for (Scareactor / Performer) aside from that I also indicated chainsaw. The app also asks if you have chainsaw experience. The it is in the hands of the casting director.

You are actually quite wrong about that.

Well, half wrong. You ARE right that at Knott's open hire is spots that the rehires don't want or didn't fill. Knott's is first come first serve, both at rehire and open hire. First person in line who passes the interview gets to pick a spot, and so on and so on until the people who didn't line up at 9 pm the night before are stuck with Black Out or Line Control spots.

Universal is a strict audition, and while the casting director does give preference towards rehires (since they're performance is a known quantity,) NO spots are filled until after both rehire AND open call audition.

Knott's does have more slots to fill, but they also have about 80 percent of them filled before you even walk through the door.

My advice, if you don't have a strong preference towards working one or the other would to be to audition for HHN AND attend Knott's open hire and see what you get where.

So Trevler, after submitting the online application, the email said "this does not mean you have been hired yet." They said a casting director would contact us to go in for paper work if we were chosen... Is there a big chance of being contacted or do they just select a lot of people just in case rehires don't show up or what? :o When do they usually let us know we got the position for sure?

Hi.. random question for anyone. This is my first time posting on here and I wasn't even sure which forum to post on... I auditioned this year for my first time on the 18th for a scareactor position.They passed me through the auditioning process, I received the email to apply and promptly applied. Now I'm wondering about how long should I expect to wait for a call/email letting me know if I made it or not? Was hoping someone on here has worked there before and may have an idea. Sorry if I'm posting on the wrong topic!

Edited by stemasc11

We have a thread for audition discussion, but typically its 1 to two weeks before casting notices start going out.

Thanks for letting me know. Sorry again for posting on the wrong thread!

One other random question though, out of all the people who were passed through the auditioning process(not including past scareactors), do you know how many of them will make it? Is it a good chance? I'm really hoping to get it.

Aaaand I got mine. So yes, they are going out. Good luck everyone!

Does it come by email or call?

Just so I know if I need to keep a watchful eye on my phone ringing...something I don't normally pay great attention to.

And by the way, congrats!

Edited by stemasc11

Strictly by email these days. They used to call, but its gotten too big for that.

Thank you. So how many years have you worked there? Honestly, last year was the first time I ever went to any of these kinda events. I thought it was the most awesome thing I'd ever seen and instantly wanted to work there. I hear it's hard work but I think I'm up for the challenge. Waited in line for 6 hours to audition (with no prior acting experience) and had a blast pretending to get killed. Cannot wait to find out if I make it. If I don't, I'm gonna try again next year most definitely.

Does being a small girl (5'2 around 112 pounds) make the chances extra slim for me?

Edited by stemasc11

Thank you. So how many years have you worked there? Honestly, last year was the first time I ever went to any of these kinda events. I thought it was the most awesome thing I'd ever seen and instantly wanted to work there. I hear it's hard work but I think I'm up for the challenge. Waited in line for 6 hours to audition (with no prior acting experience) and had a blast pretending to get killed. Cannot wait to find out if I make it. If I don't, I'm gonna try again next year most definitely.

Does being a small girl (5'2 around 112 pounds) make the chances extra slim for me?

Not at all. They take people of all sizes. Chuckie was full of smaller set people a couple years ago. If anything it probably improves your chances because you're not that "average" height that seems to fall between 5'6-5'10 so they can cast you for very specific roles.

Edit: Just noticed this is Hollywood so the Chuckie thing doesn't apply, but the main point still stands.