HHN 2012 Auditions Schedule

If you have any questions about the audition process, feel free to toss 'em out here. We'll try and answer what we can.

Hey Trevler ! Super excited and nervous to audition since I'm finally turning 18 in a few days.

Can you please explain what is usually asked during auditions? What do we do, etc... Id be devastated if I didn't become a scare actor for HHN so just trying to get as much info on what is done during auditions, advice, etc.. Any info would be appreciated, thanks !

They always change up what they do every year, so I'll have a better idea after Reunion auditions next week, but the big things they look for are: Energy! Lack of Inhibition! Ability to follow directions!

Generally though, they bring you in with a group of ten or twenty, then play a minute or two of scary music, during which they want you to run around acting scary. After that, they call on people one at a time and might ask you why you want to do this, and then they'll have you scream or do some other sort of performance.

It really doesn't matter -what- they ask you to do though, as long as you remember Energy! Lack of Inhibition! Ability to follow directions!

Another bit of advice though, if you're male and under 6 foot, try extra hard. If you're 6 foot or taller, you're made in the shade.

They always change up what they do every year, so I'll have a better idea after Reunion auditions next week, but the big things they look for are: Energy! Lack of Inhibition! Ability to follow directions!

Generally though, they bring you in with a group of ten or twenty, then play a minute or two of scary music, during which they want you to run around acting scary. After that, they call on people one at a time and might ask you why you want to do this, and then they'll have you scream or do some other sort of performance.

It really doesn't matter -what- they ask you to do though, as long as you remember Energy! Lack of Inhibition! Ability to follow directions!

Another bit of advice though, if you're male and under 6 foot, try extra hard. If you're 6 foot or taller, you're made in the shade.

Awesome thanks for the advice man !

So being 6'2 will help me out a bit ? :o

Energy! Lack of Inhibition! Ability to follow directions!

Awesome thanks for the advice man !

So being 6'2 will help me out a bit ? :o

Its true, I'm only 5'7 5'8ish and I had to push as hard as possible, its more of being able to keep your stamina going even if your tired, you need to show you have the energy and ability to scare. its not a simple 1 2 punch, its a brutal workout mixed with high levels on intensity, you gotta want it and strive for it!

You will only find out if you definitively -don't- make it that day. If they pass you on to be measured, you get to play the waiting game. And in theory, they could call you any time all the way up to Halloween after that.

Are these auditions open to the public? And is there anything that needs to be brought, I am new to the Hollywood way of things so any help would be appreciated.

I was a scareactor at the Orlando event and would like to scare here in LA since I have moved.

The audition on the 18th is open to the public. You don't need to bring anything but a head shot and acting resume would not hurt.

Sorry for all the questions but last one . >< Lol

When you go to the reunion auditions on the 15th, can you give some info on what they decided to make u do plz?

Ive heard from the past that for the auditions it was pretty much on a first come first serve type of basis, but i see that this year they are going by alphaetical order based on last names, do u really have to show up according to the alphabetical order they have listed for the time slots or can you just show up earlier than that?

There's been no announcements yet so your guess is as good as ours. However, there's strong rumors of Silent Hill and Walking Dead. So I'm thinking nurses for SH, random zombies for WD and there's also unsubstantiated claims of La Llorona returning which is almost entirely female.

It's best just to go and see :)

Edited by DTH316

There are generally a lot less female roles, but the same advice applies. Be out going, do your best to stand out, follow directions.

I sure wish they used more girls! Knott's seems to have a more 50/50 split, when Horror Nights is like 70/30.