HHN 2012 Auditions Schedule

Hey guys, Good Luck to those of you going to auditions. Like Trevler indicated, just try your best. Don't be afraid, shy or scared to do your best. Remember everyone there is doing the same thing. Another tip, is when your asked to "get into character", try not to smile and laugh. I saw a lot of this during the auditions. Be serious and really get into character. Don't let let your size, sex or color disuade you from trying out. I know many short people and girls who where cast in all types of roles. Even in the chainsaw group we had girls, short and tall, and even short guys. As long as you try your hardest and remember the #1 rule DON'T TOUCH ANYONE. You guys should do great!!!! Keep us informed on how your auditions go.

best luck going too knotts. way more spots :) and better odds.

you figure universal is rather a small park compared too knotts.

small mazes, small scare zones, only huge area they got would be the war of the world area or the backlot in general.

Plus keep in mind the open call auditions usually get the spots that the rehires don't want or didn't fill.

Same thing applies for knotts.

but choice is yours.

Edited by camouflage

You are actually quite wrong about that.

Well, half wrong. You ARE right that at Knott's open hire is spots that the rehires don't want or didn't fill. Knott's is first come first serve, both at rehire and open hire. First person in line who passes the interview gets to pick a spot, and so on and so on until the people who didn't line up at 9 pm the night before are stuck with Black Out or Line Control spots.

Universal is a strict audition, and while the casting director does give preference towards rehires (since they're performance is a known quantity,) NO spots are filled until after both rehire AND open call audition.

Knott's does have more slots to fill, but they also have about 80 percent of them filled before you even walk through the door.

My advice, if you don't have a strong preference towards working one or the other would to be to audition for HHN AND attend Knott's open hire and see what you get where.

Edited by Trevler

So what should we expect?:) I'm.sure.o.won't be able.to.sleep.tonight. excited and nervous lol. What are the things they make you do? Everyone at my current job I'd encouraging me go because I'm always scaring them. Sometimes I "act" like I'm possesed and I've really freaked some people out >:)

What are the things they make you guys do? Any answers will be greatly appreciated:)

So what should we expect? :) I'm.sure.o.won't be able.to.sleep.tonight. excited and nervous lol. What are the things they make you do? Everyone at my current job I'd encouraging me go because I'm always scaring them. Sometimes I "act" like I'm possesed and I've really freaked some people out > :)

What are the things they make you guys do? Any answers will be greatly appreciated:)

In my group in 2010, they had us act like we were being killed, and scare each other making full use of the room, while playing "scary" music. I forget what else we had to do.

I got cast, but ended up getting hired a slider...and I couldn't pass that up. Still curious what I was cast as, though. They wouldn't tell me! Have lots of energy...that's what they want to see foremost.

Edited by ZackT

In my group in 2010, they had us act like we were being killed, and scare each other making full use of the room, while playing "scary" music. I forget what else we had to do.

I got cast, but ended up getting hired a slider...and I couldn't pass that up. Still curious what I was cast as, though. They wouldn't tell me! Have lots of energy...that's what they want to see foremost.

Thanks! So should I be screaming getting all crazy begging for.my life pretending I'm getting stabbed,mutilated lol

Thanks! So should I be screaming getting all crazy begging for.my life pretending I'm getting stabbed,mutilated lol

That's what people did when they asked us to do that. I was caught off guard because I was the second person to go, and the first person was quick...so I was sort of deciding how I was dying as it happened. Needless to say, I think I got stabbed, shot, and thrown across the floor because I ended up halfway across the room with elbow scrapes.