HHN 2012 Auditions Schedule

Nope, thats not true at all. Universal wants people who are PASSIONATE and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. Unfortunately, they had such a HUGE turn out that I think they got more people then they needed by a long shot, so by the end of the night, I think they were just going through the motions. Next time, get there very early and be in one of the first groups.

You are right about Tour Guides. They want actors, not theme park people for that.

And as far as glasses go- masked or makeup, chances are you won't be able to wear your glasses. If you literally can not see with out them and can't get contacts then it might not be the job for you. Contacts are -not- that expensive though. 100 bucks for the exam (At like walmart or costco), and unless you have a really bad astigmatism, contacts are like 20 bucks a box. They are CHEAP.

Edited by Trevler

Thanks for the reply (I'm new here)

Unfortunatley my last name corresponded with the times towards the end, so there wasn't too much to do there.

As far as the tour guide thing goes, your right....they do want actual actors. Crazy to think I look at some guides and say

"I can do better than them".

In the end..i'm glad I tried.

Thanks Again!

i waited in line for 5 hours, just to be told "no."

Not like THAT of course....but my number wasn't called after the audition. This was my third audition that I haven't had any luck at for Universal. (the other two being for tour guide positions)

I gave it my best, but it wasn't good enough. I'm thankful for the experience however. My audition was simply "act is if your getting killed".

I stood in line around 7PM, and didn't actually start the audition around 12:15AM.

I kinda feel like universal typically wants actors with fancy resume's and headshots...just my thought though...what do you guys think?

I got in line at 6:30(right at the time assigned for my last name, this was my first time auditioning so I had no clue about the last name thing not having any relevance.) and got in the room at about 11:45. I have no acting experience whatsoever and we were asked the same thing, to act as if you're getting killed and I tried my best. Thought there were a lot of people there that were so much better than me (that had acting resumes and headshots with them) and in my group of 50 about 10 numbers were called, and I was one of them! Many of the others there with acting resumes didn't make it. I was shocked, because I thought my performance was sh*t to be honest. I scraped up my knees and feet pretty badly just from that so I was really glad I made it hah. But it goes to show that they aren't just looking for people with experience in acting. If there are more auditions I say definitely try again, and don't hold back! I'm not an actor in the slightest and I just had fun doing it. I felt stupid but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun. Haven't heard back yet but my fingers are crossed. Good luck to you if there are more auditions!

They weren't following the last name rule AT all. Next time.. ignore it!

I found this out as I got there exactly at 6:30 for my last name. There were soooo many people in line. Kinda wished I had gotten there around 2:30 or 3 hahaha. I left at 12:30 or so.

I got in line at 6:30(right at the time assigned for my last name, this was my first time auditioning so I had no clue about the last name thing not having any relevance.) and got in the room at about 11:45. I have no acting experience whatsoever and we were asked the same thing, to act as if you're getting killed and I tried my best. Thought there were a lot of people there that were so much better than me (that had acting resumes and headshots with them) and in my group of 50 about 10 numbers were called, and I was one of them! Many of the others there with acting resumes didn't make it. I was shocked, because I thought my performance was sh*t to be honest. I scraped up my knees and feet pretty badly just from that so I was really glad I made it hah. But it goes to show that they aren't just looking for people with experience in acting. If there are more auditions I say definitely try again, and don't hold back! I'm not an actor in the slightest and I just had fun doing it. I felt stupid but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun. Haven't heard back yet but my fingers are crossed. Good luck to you if there are more auditions!

I found this out as I got there exactly at 6:30 for my last name. There were soooo many people in line. Kinda wished I had gotten there around 2:30 or 3 hahaha. I left at 12:30 or so.

Thanks a bunch...and congrats. It'll be a great experience. It was a total bummer...but if there are more auditions then I won't hold back. I've been denied from Universal 3 times now and still have yet to give up. Tour guide, or Scareactor....one day. Thanks again! Can't wait for the scares.

Thanks a bunch...and congrats. It'll be a great experience. It was a total bummer...but if there are more auditions then I won't hold back. I've been denied from Universal 3 times now and still have yet to give up. Tour guide, or Scareactor....one day. Thanks again! Can't wait for the scares.

I'm not for sure hired yet, still waiting to find out. But I am excited and hoping. Good for you for not giving up! I live an hour away from USH, otherwise I probably would have applied for other positions there in the past. I'm sure it'll happen for ya one day!

They were bringing y'all in in groups of 50?! That is crazy.

Yeah, I heard it's normally like 5-15 people. I was somewhere in the 740-750 range(don't remember my exact number) and there was like 900 something people but it was still towards the end. I was surprised as well. Two lines of 25 each. We had about 10 seconds to act like we were getting killed and that was it. They wanted nothing more from us hahaha.

Many of the others there with acting resumes didn't make it. I was shocked, because I thought my performance was sh*t to be honest. I scraped up my knees and feet pretty badly just from that so I was really glad I made it hah. But it goes to show that they aren't just looking for people with experience in acting. If there are more auditions I say definitely try again, and don't hold back! I'm not an actor in the slightest and I just had fun doing it. I felt stupid but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun. Haven't heard back yet but my fingers are crossed. Good luck to you if there are more auditions!

As an actor myself, I can tell you just because people have resumes and headshots, it doesn't mean squat. There's a lot of rich snobs out there who think just because they can throw around money to get their picture taken by a fancy camera that it makes them a model, or even worse, an actor. The main thing I wanted to point out though was this quote: "I felt stupid but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun." That is the entire essence of acting. There's no need to read an entire book or take suggestions/get tips. If you feel stupid, you're doing something right. When you're acting GOOD, it's supposed to not feel comfortable. When you're comfortable, you're playing it safe and your heart isn't in it. Without heart, there's no passion! Without passion, there's no dedication! Without dedication, there's no need to follow direction! Without -- okay, I think you get where I'm going with this... haha

• Like 1

I definately agree with DTH, I am no actor by any stretch of the imagination. I am actually a Finance analyst at a bank. But I have passion for the event & for horror. When I went to my first audition 4 years ago, I had never done anything like this in my life. But like you said Stem, I gave it my all, even though I felt a bit foolish doing so. Then I figured, Well everyone is here doing the same thing. The thing is never to give up. I had a buddy who tried for a couple of years and kept getting rejected, but finally he got it. Just don't lose hope. Eventually you'll make it.

• Like 1

Ohhhh...okay. Thought you were hired.....so what happens? You got picked from the audition, then fitted and had your picture taken, correct? Are they supposed to email you now, or what's the next step?

When you make it through the audition, I think it's just kinda like "we like you, but we still need to make sure what sizes and characters we need, so we will make you wait for a long, long time to find out while we look through every ones files." Hahhaha. When you went to get fitted and stuff, they made sure to let you know that this does not mean you were hired, you had just passed a part of the process. Believe me, I've been a nervous wreck! I've been thinking about it every day. Every time I check my email, (almost every hour lol) I get my hopes up, but I'm still waiting. I read the other day through Murdy's twitter that they still have A LOT of casting to do so that gives me hope.

As an actor myself, I can tell you just because people have resumes and headshots, it doesn't mean squat. There's a lot of rich snobs out there who think just because they can throw around money to get their picture taken by a fancy camera that it makes them a model, or even worse, an actor. The main thing I wanted to point out though was this quote: "I felt stupid but I didn't care. It was a lot of fun." That is the entire essence of acting. There's no need to read an entire book or take suggestions/get tips. If you feel stupid, you're doing something right. When you're acting GOOD, it's supposed to not feel comfortable. When you're comfortable, you're playing it safe and your heart isn't in it. Without heart, there's no passion! Without passion, there's no dedication! Without dedication, there's no need to follow direction! Without -- okay, I think you get where I'm going with this... haha

Hahaha awesome! This made me laugh. But it's so true. I was just in the moment, and I couldn't have cared less what anyone else thought. (Everyone was doing the same thing so why would I? Haha) and when they called my number I was ecstatic. I really hope I make it through, it seems like it would be the most fun thing in the world.

I definately agree with DTH, I am no actor by any stretch of the imagination. I am actually a Finance analyst at a bank. But I have passion for the event & for horror. When I went to my first audition 4 years ago, I had never done anything like this in my life. But like you said Stem, I gave it my all, even though I felt a bit foolish doing so. Then I figured, Well everyone is here doing the same thing. The thing is never to give up. I had a buddy who tried for a couple of years and kept getting rejected, but finally he got it. Just don't lose hope. Eventually you'll make it.

Exactly, there was no reason to be ashamed cause we were all there for the same reason. The judges table was a bit intimidating and every moment leading up to my turn was nerve wracking but I'm so glad I did it. Yeah, I'm a waitress. Not much acting experience to be had there.

It's crazy how some people didn't even try. There was two people who almost looked like they were just there to try to be funny and make the judges laugh....It was pretty crazy...like, really? You waited over 5 hours to waste your opportunity. I will for sure try again when auditions happen again, hopefully.

What I noticed from my group was that those who created something extra, like a story, were the ones that got through. Most people did the same repetitive thing or seemed far too subdued.

Yeah I felt that a good portion of the people in my group were overly restrained... Seems odd seeing as they waited for over 5 hours in line. But it's funny cause it was almost the opposite in my group. There were a few who tried adding some sort of story to theirs, and none of them really made it. Could have been different because maybe the people in your group did it well, while my group on the other hand did not. The stories were poorly executed and they tried being more funny than anything. I felt the staff wasn't looking for anything funny.

It's crazy how some people didn't even try. There was two people who almost looked like they were just there to try to be funny and make the judges laugh....It was pretty crazy...like, really? You waited over 5 hours to waste your opportunity. I will for sure try again when auditions happen again, hopefully.

Same in my group. What a waste of time and energy! They aren't looking for comedians.

I can't even audition for a few years... but I was just curious. What are some of the things that some of you have done to act like you were dying?

I just did something really simple. I was just walking, and acted like someone began to chase me. I screamed (loudly) and ran, but fell quickly(I think I was sort of going for a getting shot in the leg type thing). Then I was struggling to crawl along the ground while crying and saying "please, don't hurt me" or some nonsense like that and then acted as if I got shot in the head, convulsed a bit and died. Mind you, that was all in like 10-15 seconds or less hahaha. I literally had NO idea what I was gonna do until my turn came up. I just kinda played it by ear!