Parade vs. 7 or 8 Houses

Parade vs. 7 or 8 Houses  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose?

• Parade & 7 Houses
    • No Parade & 8 Houses

I'm the only person who voted for the parade! I love the houses, but since we go so much, it's nice to have something that you can sit and watch with a nice vodka drink when the event gets more crowded. Plus, I would LOVE to ride on one of the floats, and I LOVED the parade.

I'm the only person who voted for the parade! I love the houses, but since we go so much, it's nice to have something that you can sit and watch with a nice vodka drink when the event gets more crowded. Plus, I would LOVE to ride on one of the floats, and I LOVED the parade.

I love the part about the vodka drink. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm old school and I'd LOVE to see the parade make a return! But unfortunately I seriously doubt that will ever be a reality again, the crowds at HHN have gotten to the point that I think the logistics of having it would outweight the benefits.

We were fortunate that we had the chance to ride the floats and throw beads many years...nothing is quite as fun as being a little tipsy and throwing things at other tipsy people. :) It's almost like playing a very large game of quarters...

I'd gladly trade a crap ass house for the parade any day of the week!

I absolutely loved the parade. I wish it would come back.

And I don't really mind giving up one SZ and one house.

It seemed the sz were spread too thin and small this year. I would rather have quality over quanity. The route could just go from Jaws around NY and back... But I guess it isn't a popular idea based on the ranking. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Id rather give up a crappy house and have a parade but I don't think it'll happen.

It seemed the sz were spread too thin and small this year. I would rather have quality over quanity.

And I agree JW, it seemed like they were trying to appeal to everyone. Accuracy by volume only works if you have a M61 Vulcan. B)

Edited by Black Void

• 4 months later...

Definitely would want to see the Festival of the Dead Parade return. I miss it dearly. One, it was very well done. Two, it took away from the crowds of the houses three times a night. Three, there's enough with houses each year... I remember 4 houses or so and the parade. Ah the glory days.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely loved the parade. I wish it would come back.

And I don't really mind giving up one SZ and one house.

It seemed the sz were spread too thin and small this year. I would rather have quality over quanity. The route could just go from Jaws around NY and back... But I guess it isn't a popular idea based on the ranking. <_<

Yep i agree, i would love a Parade, I never saw one, so it would be my first time, and it sounds So much fun,

if last year you told me we could had a parade instead Cirque du freak i would have said yeah,

same with houses like Interstellar Terror, i would rather have an awesome parade than a house that i wouldn't visit more than twice, and it would make lines easier to do too, i dont know

Maybe have selected nights that has the parade like opening weekend, some peak days, and Halloween that has the parade like for 30-45 minutes or less all the scareactors leave with the props and the put the parade in a road like New York to Amity/San Fransisco so only 1 scarezone is intupted for only a small time period. But if they can't i prefer the 8 houses because parades are not that awesome enough to lose a house IMO. But it would be fun to see the parade one more time maybe they should this every 5 years or so.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of the parade. Especially if it were a continual thing throughout the night every few hours or so. It would be fun to see and would draw the crowds from the house lines from time to time. 8 houses is nice but if they trashed a horribad house and put in a parade I would shed no tears