What is the one house that you liked but everyone else seems to hate?

I am back and I can't wait for the 2012 season of speculations to start running! To tide us over, here's a topic that I think would be interesting. What was the house that you enjoyed alot, but everyone else seemed to hate. Mine would have to be The Spawning from 2009. Even though the sets weren't creative and the costumes could have been better, this was a house that gave me really good scares from time to time. I came out of it really enjoying it, and it was also a house that gave me the most scares that year, besides Dracula and Silver Screams. But people seemed to tear this a house a new one, and most people like to pretend this house never existed. Was it because that I went in at a really good time? Where all of the actors were on their A-game?

Edited by Terra Guard

I really liked The Orfanage. It was the first house I ever walked through (alone, by the way) at HHN and I don't really remember any of it except that the detail was beyond anything I had expected, which terrified me... for some reason. Oh, and the fire completely took me by surprise, because I didn't know it was going to happen and I had no idea how to react to a size-able fireball exploding right next to my face. And the scares were pretty decent, too.

Such an underrated house...

Edited by I am Weighting

I really liked The Orfanage. It was the first house I ever walked through (alone, by the way) at HHN and I don't really remember any of it except that the detail was beyond anything I had expected, which terrified me... for some reason. Oh, and the fire completely took me by surprise, because I didn't know it was going to happen and I had no idea how to react to a size-able fireball exploding right next to my face. And the scares were pretty decent, too.

Such an underrated house...

i agree. i loved the house. the scares definitely weren't bad. the detail was great. what i think makes it so incredible to me is the atmosphere. the house just has the darkest, creepiest feel throughout the entire house, even when you go through the house 5 times(like i did) the atmosphere is still fully present. The ashes falling at the facade. The children locked in the cages. The ones with the masks remind me of Another Brick In The Wall from Pink Floyd :P. a way underrated house,imo.

I really enjoyed RUN: Hostile Territory. I thought is was really intense and all of the gore that they used was really cool (the outside of the house, with the dumpster full of body parts, was also cool). I also really liked Creatures, which was a house that I know a lot of people didn't care for.

HorrorOrlando likes this one too , so I'm not alone :D. But I really liked this house. It followed exactly how the website unfolded and that was awesome to walk through each scene that you read about online. Loved that house. I want to see it come back.

reflections-of-fear.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I did enjoy Zombiegeddon. One of the only humor houses I've ever enjoyed.

I heard a lot of people on various HHN boards hated 2006's version of Psychopath, but I absolutely adored it. The cast was absolutely phenomenal both times I went in. I got nailed in every room. It was never really a scary house, mostly because the sets were always more strange and trippy than they were frightening. But I don't need to be terrified if I'm having that much fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed Psychoscareapy:Home for the Holidays it reminded me of Silent Night Deadly Night and it was hilarious as well. I also liked the original the thing house and I also liked Interstellar Terror and Dead Exposure.

• 2 weeks later...

Vampyr: Blood Bath

I totally agree with this. It wasn't my favorite house or anything, but I definitely enjoyed it and went through it multiple times in the one night I went that year. People seemed to hate it because they compared it to the original Castle Vampyr I think, but I never went through that house, so I can't compare them, I just know I had fun everytime in the house.

• 1 year later...
Guest kiwisoup

A little late to the party but wanted to add mine. Keep in mind I've only been in 2009, 2011, and 2012.

I actually had a really hard time getting scares in 2009 and it may have been me but there seemed to be a huge timing issue, but I actually liked The Spawning because I got more scares in my one run through this house than I did in every other house combined. The design didn't blow me away, but it was fun. I feel like people were so hard on the costumes and the fact that it was a Fangoria house that they didn't just let themselves enjoy it.

In 2011 The Thing was my second pick after Nightingales. The facade was amazing. I thought it was intense and had good scares, plus the girl with the gun shot it about an inch away from my face both times through. I think people already wrote it off because it was based on the crappy remake, but it could have easily been a house for the original because the concept is basically the same. I think it's sad that I saw numerous people saying they just flat out skipped this house and didn't even give it a chance.