HHN Hollywood 2012 Speculation

Here's a stretch!

Clint Eastwood directed a film titled "Hereafter." "Poltergeist" is about spirits that have passed on.

I found something on Halloween-Blues with Clint acting in a Poltergeist parody, also.

Everything seems to be pointing to Poltergeist to me. Personally, that's what I HOPE it is. It would be VERY different from the usual slasher fare and could be VERY scary. As fun as the first TCM maze was, and as much as I want it back, I want that Poltergeist maze more.

Oh and welcome JCmoney! I think that's a reasonable clue.

I'd like to give some clue into classic cowboy. Since we now know its a fictional character, we can identify some of the most notable fictitious cowboy characters in film history. One notable character who was featured in a few films and was portrayed by many actors is Rooster Cogburn (true grit). A film was made for tv called true grit: a further adventure in the seventies featuring the character which was written by the same screenwriter as the Amittyville Horror. Valid point?

Yup, many of there past Albums have had some horror themes/elements to it... i was trying to think outside the box with that one haha :-P

Here's a stretch!

Clint Eastwood directed a film titled "Hereafter." "Poltergeist" is about spirits that have passed on.

I found something on Halloween-Blues with Clint acting in a Poltergeist parody, also.

Everything seems to be pointing to Poltergeist to me. Personally, that's what I HOPE it is. It would be VERY different from the usual slasher fare and could be VERY scary. As fun as the first TCM maze was, and as much as I want it back, I want that Poltergeist maze more.

Oh and welcome JCmoney! I think that's a reasonable clue.

I would love a Poltergeist maze! I never really realized (or simply didn't remember, I haven't seen Casper in years!) that his cameo was a parody of Poltergeist. Makes we want go watch Casper now :-P

I'd like to give some clue into classic cowboy. Since we now know its a fictional character, we can identify some of the most notable fictitious cowboy characters in film history. One notable character who was featured in a few films and was portrayed by many actors is Rooster Cogburn (true grit). A film was made for tv called true grit: a further adventure in the seventies featuring the character which was written by the same screenwriter as the Amittyville Horror. Valid point?

I would say yes if we weren't pretty much certain "Classic Cowboy" is The Walking Dead... Every clue points there, and Classic Cowboy would point to Gary Cooper who was a famous actor know for his cowboy roles in western movies. He was also Andrew Lincoln's main source of inspiration for his character of Rick Grimes.

I would say yes if we weren't pretty much certain "Classic Cowboy" is The Walking Dead... Every clue points there, and Classic Cowboy would point to Gary Cooper who was a famous actor know for his cowboy roles in western movies. He was also Andrew Lincoln's main source of inspiration for his character of Rick Grimes.

I looked into this last night. The cowboy referenced in Classic Cowboy is neither an actor nor a historical figure. It's a fictional character. Murdy hid extra clues in the contest earlier this week about the tooth from Bruce the Shark in the photos he tweeted.

Edited by DireBrian

Actually, what the note said was that "Classic Cowboy" wasn't the NAME of an actor of historical figure... not that it wasn't a reference to one. You gotta be careful, I've noticed he like to try and through us off.

Edited by Stitch_101

It does... Says that Classic Cowboy isn't the name of an actor or historical character. But if you read that clue literally, you notice that it says classic cowboy isn't the name. Think of as many famous cowboys or actors as you can... How many do you know with the name "Classic Cowboy?" if you take the hint that way, then it could still be refering to an actor or historical figure without being their actual name. That's a very literal take on that hint, but he has thrown hints out before trying to confuse us and throw us off course.

It looks like It says "...of an actor or a historical figure" to me. You sure?

It does... Says that Classic Cowboy isn't the name of an actor or historical character. But if you read that clue literally, you notice that it says classic cowboy isn't the name. Think of as many famous cowboys or actors as you can... How many do you know with the name "Classic Cowboy?" if you take the hint that way, then it could still be refering to an actor or historical figure without being their actual name. That's a very literal take on that hint, but he has thrown hints out before trying to confuse us and throw us off course.

I also noticed something interesting about his updated hint about the countries... The mazes are set in 2 countries, with three taking place in the same country. Now if you take it at face value, that would mean that one maze is more abstract and doesn't take place in any country at all. Or he may have simply worded it to cause a little confusion.

Edited by Stitch_101

I also noticed something interesting about his updated hint about the countries... The mazes are set in 2 countries, with three taking place in the same country. Now if you take it at face value, that would mean that one maze is more abstract and doesn't take place in any country at all. Or he may have simply worded it to cause a little confusion.

I see what you're saying. The clue could be a literal translation meaning absolutely nothing. That makes sense, yet can we safely rule out WD as a 100% with the possibility of that being a realistic clue still in the table.

Regarding that second reused hint I am led to believe that we will have another abstract made like WTMN which is neither set in a time or place. Also that could be Alice's return. We all know how Murdy likes to bring back the number one maze from the previous years (with a little bit of an update in most cases, HOTC excluded)

Way to think outside the box, thats how you have to play his game. I'm not arguing any of your points, btw. just tryin to expand the possibilities.

I do! The Flasher was my favorite.

I just wish there was some constant that would stay at HHN forever after it's rebirth. And I think the character of the Flasher could've been it.

It's just one character, who could be in any scarezone, who could be played by many different types of people giving him different identities (for example, one year it could be a skinny flasher, the next, a fat one). Maybe even have a girl flasher one year. They would be the specific character you would have to find at HHN, like picking out a four leaf clover. There would be entire years where you could say, "dang it, I didn't encounter the flasher" or "I finally saw the flasher this year!"

It's something so small you'd never get tired of it, and if you didn't care for it, it wouldn't intrude on your happiness. Like a chainsaw wielding pig. Those damn things got annoying to see after awhile. But maybe I'd feel differently if I only saw ONE very randomly.

It reminds me of certain characters at Knotts in Ghost Town, like Lucifer. Or the Green Goblin. Or that witch (RIP) who would stand in front of the glass house.

I just wish there were more elements of history that could last for years. Is there anything anyone can think of that has remained constant since 2006?

Edited by DTH316

Thanks DTH. Poltergeist would be a great HHN maze, btw. Also, Stitch, the Kiss theory may not be a stretch. Their new album seems to have a horror theme with songs like: "Hell or Hallelujah", "Shout Mercy", "The Devil Is Me", "Eat Your Heart Out", etc.

welcome To HNN from the HHN team

This is a little random, but does anyone else miss the zombie flasher?

I do too!!!!!

anywho

IDK about Polteguist, if it is between Polterguist and TCM (although Im not too sure about TCM) I think TCM will be more on the target

They did TCM one year and repeated it the next. John Murdy has said countless times that it was his scariest maze ever. Now he has the opportunity to make an even scarier version. Whether it's this year or next, I'd be really excited for a TCM maze. Also, what parts of Poltergeist would make good scares? I can't think of anything that could jump out... any ideas?

They did TCM one year and repeated it the next. John Murdy has said countless times that it was his scariest maze ever. Now he has the opportunity to make an even scarier version. Whether it's this year or next, I'd be really excited for a TCM maze. Also, what parts of Poltergeist would make good scares? I can't think of anything that could jump out... any ideas?

The clown, obviously. Beyond that... maybe the ghost that comes down the stairs? There would be a tree animatronic, the demon in the closet, the giant face in the closet maybe the paranormal investigator with his face ripped off? The zombies from the pool, a room where all the toys are moving by themselves. Just off the top of my head, could be forgetting some stuff.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

The clown, obviously. Beyond that... maybe the ghost that comes down the stairs? There would be a tree animatronic, the demon in the closet, the giant face in the closet maybe the paranormal investigator with his face ripped off? The zombies from the pool, a room where all the toys are moving by themselves. Just off the top of my head, could be forgetting some stuff.

It's been a while since I've seen it, lol. Forgot there was so much that could work... now, I'm excited for a possible Poltergeist maze!

For all those who said KISS....

KISS' next album is called Monster...

They have had songs that could provide inspiration for mazes..

Doctor Love, Christine 16, Mr. Speed, Psycho Circus etc....

the Characters themselves could easily translate to a maze. Imagine going through a Hell populated with Demons controlled by THE DEMON or going through a Jungle with Animals controlled by the Cat Man, or through planet Jendell with really creepy and disturbing alien creatures controlled by the Space Ace? Not to mention all the characters from the video games and comic books like Madame Raven, Kismet and The Elder avatars...

It would have to be either Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Poltergeist. Or perhaps even Funhouse, with some involvement from Eli Roth and his (supposedly) upcoming remake of that film. However, that would NOT match the hint of two amusement parks and no clowns. Again, here is a short list for the event we've compiled so far:.

Great summary DTH; it simplifies our "collective thoughts". Some additional thoughts are next to each property.

The Walking Dead (100%): Great way to tie in both events with a property that is already established and popular in two different forms of media. Similar to the way The Thing was profiled only with a successful franchise. The Thing, while I thought was a good bookend with John Carpenter's version and effective maze, tanked at the box office.

La Llorona (85%): I would actually rank Alice Cooper slightly higher than La Llorona as it was #1 on the survey. While I thought WTMN was creative and great for the event, La Llorona's "straight-up" horror setting may have also deserved a return engagement for this year.

Silent Hill (60%): The original film had some great, yet disturbing visuals and characters, but I have yet to get a sense of the ability for this to translate to a maze. John Murdy seems to be all over the map with the clues to this property. Oh, and did John Murdy mention something regarding a pyramid in 8-ball tweets ? Wasn't the main "boss" in Silent Hill named Pyramid Head?

Lords of Salem (45%): Reportedly has an amusement park and letter "D" in the title but I could be mixing up clues. For the most part from what little footage has been shown, the film looks a little too "hillbilly-ish" to feature witches from Salem. Not sure if I would rank it as high.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (30%): The more speculation there is, the more it seems the property's "stock" has risen as a possible maze for the event this year. John Murdy appears to be "mind fudging" again with his clues. And there was his tweet that mentioned a possibility of another 3D maze.

Poltergeist (30%): There were some clues to me that this was Classic Cowboy, but now appears to be overwhelming for The Walking Dead. With the reported negative history between Tobe and Spielberg during the shoot of this picture, I am not sure that Hooper would or could (pending rights) be part of this property.

Alice Cooper (20%): See "La Llorona" above.

The Exorcist (15%) and Hostel (5%): Other properties may be mentioned in addition to these; I don't think there would be continued repeat of the Hostel themeing even though it was quite possibly the best run maze in terms of line management and interactive scares. The Exorcist could be the "smoking gun" this year, but have not seen any evidence. While the chances are slight, there was some speculation to indicate a KISS related attraction based on our reasoning, including the Carpenter film title, upcoming album, and survey entry from last year. Lastly, I am still drawn to Hannibal Lector or similar maze as some of the clues could play a part in the speculation (character lacking sight, "cannibalistic antagonist", amusement park, flip flopping clues from John Murdy).

And........what about Trick R Treat for Terror Tram? Or Scarezone?

PS. Classic Monsters please!! B)

Edited by AsylumSB

@HorrorNights do any of the antagonists in the mazes weild a unique iconic weapon?

@thesaurusboy688 it is certain

This seems like TCM to me. It's not going to be Jason or Freddy. It also jumped out at me that Pyramid Head is known for a gigantic sword... but based on the clues we have TCM. Calling it now... it's iconic and unique. Another thought I have is if I were a betting person Silent Hill will go in Wild West... there must be a reason he chose that area for The Thing last year, and the Pyramid Head animatronic at Sinister Pointe was supposedly pretty big... that fits to me. I also see evil dead posible... but I think it's just the fanboy inside of me.

I am kind of disappointed to think that more clues are pointing to La Llorona returning, and not WTMN. Then it hit me... if John Murdy is going to do a KISS maze, he can't have WTMN as it's too similar in concept. Just a guess, but that would answer why La Llorona would return and not WTMN.

I don't see any scenario where Alice Cooper wouldn't return in some form. Murdy loves him too much, he did too well on the surveys, he has many more albums that could be turned into mazes, ect. But for some reason I'm not expecting a kiss maze... maybe because I don't think they ever gave off a strong horror aesthetic, to me at least. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if a someone involved with kiss professionally saw the success of cooper in 2011 and made it happen. So who knows, I suppose its possible. Their new album being released soon definitely adds to the possibility.