The 2012 HHNH Event Creation Competition: Game 2: Round 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halloween Horror Nights 2012

Nightmares Beyond Imagination

Entrance: A wall of assorted shapes, sizes and carved Jack-o-Lanterns consumes the statue area in front of the park just beyond the gates. The Go-Go stages will be inhabited by scantily-clad costumed female “werewolves” on the verge of transformation.

Opening Scaremonies: A giant box-like structure is in the middle of the New York Street surrounded by flame and laser towers. The front of the structure is a giant screen. As a heavy layer of green lit fog floats around the structure, a low musical tone booms over the PA. A laser "wave" is projected from the towers, as Sam, the mascot for Trick R Treat slowly rises from inside to the top of the structure. A voice narrates the following: “Welcome all to a horror filled night that even your imagination cannot comprehend. Step inside Sam’s Imagination, for on this night, he controls nightmares that were created from film, stories, art, and yes, even music”. As the narration commences, the screen in front of the structure shows images related to the event. An assortment of scare actors related to the mazes and scare zones appear from behind the structure. Sam’s arm raises, displaying a jagged lollipop. As he drops his arm, the “Nightmares” engage the crowd to familiar burst of flame.

Mazes:

Freaky’s Dominion: Basement Beginnings

Enter into the world of Raymond “Freaky” Deeky. Raymond is not your run-of-the-mill, basement-dwelling, internet horror fan. He aspires to be a horror fiction writer. After months of struggling creativity and nights staring into the computer, Raymond jots his nightmarish creations in an old composition book found in an antique store, bringing them to life…..literally! Murderous Minotaurs, Killer Quintuplets, and Ghost Pilots are only a few of the nightmares let loose from his basement. Worse off, Raymond wrote himself into a story that depicted himself as a deformed, deranged, budding psychopath! The only way to eliminate the horror is by concluding each story……..if Freaky is able, and willing.

Shrek Queue

Little Shop of Little Known Horrors

Sometimes, the smallest of films, make the most horrific, and satisfying, nightmares! Halloween Horror Nights presents a selection of scares from the world of cult horror: enter the world of deformed conjoined twin Belial from Basketcase, the wintry scares of Jack Frost and Don’t Open Till Christmas, the maniacal killer of assorted Santas. Witness the undead creations of Dr. Herbert West from Reanimator, and other delicious “little morsels” of horror.

Mummy Extended Queue

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Experience the horrors of “The Great Emancipator” as Abraham Lincoln makes it his destiny to seek out and destroy Vampires in 1800’s America. Based on the upcoming 2012 film, you will take part in and witness the “secret” events surrounding the life of the president. Encounter Southern plantation horrors, assassin vampires, and a Union Army camp under attack by the Confederate undead! If you survive, you may even catch a glimpse of the master of macabre. Four Score and a Hundred Vampires killed, Indeed!

Waterworld walkway and entrance

Marvel Zombies 3-D

“Hulk Smash, Eat Brains!” This is not your father’s comic book come to life! Enter a 3-D world of carnage and chaos as a virus turns many superheroes into the undead! Based on the graphic novels depicting an alternate Marvel Universe, you will witness the horror of our beloved superheroes turned into depraved zombies both on 3-D screens and in-person. Can the remaining uninfected superheroes stop their infected peers before the entire world is consumed!! Can YOU escape this attraction before your flesh is consumed by one of the undead, uh, heroes?

Coke Soak

John Carpenter’s The Fog

Explore the chilling legend of the Elizabeth Dane and its vengeful ghosts of mariners who were killed in a shipwreck more than 100 years ago. The shipwreck was no accident, but a plot to kill lepers on their way to start a colony. The boat’s owner, Blake, himself a leper, is rumored to seek revenge on any six individuals symbolizing the original six who planned the shipwreck. Presented by the Master of Horror, John Carpenter, this maze will take you along the shoreline of Antonio Bay as the eerie, glowing fog roles in. Encounter strange happenings in town, at the local church, and come face-to-face with the undead on the deck of the Elizabeth Dane. The only thing that may help you survive is the guiding voice of DJ Stevie Wayne, broadcasting during your trek through the maze. Hopefully, you will survive the final, ghostly assault. After all, what you can’t see won’t hurt you…..it will kill you!

Wild West Arena

Iron Maiden Presents:

Eddie Lives! - Fear of the Dark

Based on the legendary music and art of Iron Maiden, Fear of the Dark follows the lovable, ten foot tall, rotting corpse mascot, Eddie, through his nightmarish world of madness and mayhem. Fear the “Killers“ lurking in dimly lit and deserted streets, give him Piece of Mind as you visit his asylum cell and maniacal “bunkmates“, survive your encounter with the mythical Icarus, burned for flying too close to the sun, and escape the War Brigade of Eddie and his team of undead soldiers. Up the Irons!!

Jurassic Park Extended Queue

Scarezones:

Trick R Treat: Carnival of Souls

Michael Dougherty’s film comes to life with a Halloween carnival that takes over Simpsons Plaza! Join in with this interactive celebration with stilt-walking fireblowers, mardi-gras style Halloween decorations, costumed scareactors, and the Trick R Treat TV crew as they film the event! This may appear to be festive atmosphere, but within the shadows are Halloween’s greatest horrors.

Simpsons Plaza

Witches of Salem

The witch trials of Salem, Massachusetts ended hundreds of years ago, but their torment has only fueled the fire of revenge!! Do you dare pass through this nightmare of witches burnt at the stake, stoned beyond recognition, or left to rot in isolation? That is where the nightmare begins as these are the ones mistaken for witchcraft………

London Street

Scarecrows: Field of Nightmares

Walk through this scare zone…if you dare. These “figures” have been called by many names: Bogles, Flaycrows, Mawkins, and yes, Bogeyman. A gauntlet of perched Scarecrow await your entry. But you hear rustling all around….is it your mind playing tricks or is the trick on you!!

French Street

Nosferatu/Dracula: Legends of Horror

Out of the archives of books, film, and local legends, the King of Vampires, Dracula, pursues his lust for your blood in this horror-filled zone! Walk into the green mist and come face-to-face with the disturbed Nosferatu, become entranced by Bela Lugosi’s Dracula, escape from transformed Wolf and Bat vampires, and keep from falling under the spell of Dracula’s wives!

House of Horrors-Overlay

(Due to the constant critique with overlay, I consider this more of a “super scare zone”)

Zombie Apocalypse: Disco Fever

It’s the 1970’s….everyone is dressed to the nines in their leisure suits, bellbottoms, and hot pants. On this particular night, a virus infects all in a disco nightclub, unleashing their thirst for human flesh and turning the streets into a zombie feeding zone frenzy! Can you “Do the Hustle” and make it past the undead before one of the zombies take you on “The Last Dance”? But there is twist….when the disco ball spins and the music plays, the zombies may become distracted and break into a “Street Hustle” dance!

Lower Lot

Terror Tram: Trick R Treat - Sam’s Night

Based on the film and inspired by horror comics, Sam’s Night, will take you through the backlot and into the fiendish world of the diminutive demon and his watch over werewolves, vampires, ghostly school bus riders, and.…serial killer school principals?

Shows and other attractions:

Abbott and Costello Meet…..Bill and Ted?!

Universal favorite Bud Abbott and Lou Costello are busy trying to escape the grip of Frankenstein’s Monster, Dracula, The Wolfman, and Mr. Hyde (with Dr. Jekyll in tow), when they are visited by Wyld Stallyns, "Ted" Theodore Logan and Bill S. Preston, Esquire, in their time machine phone booth. When pop culture icons from the 40’s and the present collide, will all the singing, dancing, and laughing keep the universe from collapsing on itself?

(Technical note: all the 40’s era cast are in costumes and make-up in shades of grey to resemble Black and White films).

Castle Theater

Zombie Prom

Halloween Horror Nights hosts a night of dinner and dancing with make-up artists on site to help transform yourself into one of the living dead. This special event for groups and reservations also includes entrance to the event.

Gibson Amphitheater

VIP-Very Important Phantom

For 2012, Halloween Horror Nights presents a special VIP package that will have you running in fear to the event!! The highlight of this attraction includes a tram ride to Stage 28, The Phantom of the Opera soundstage for a special presentation and a few surprises for our guests!

Exhibits:

Universal Experience-Now Open During Halloween Horror Nights. Enjoy special props and exhibits dedicated to classic and current horror films and presentations by film crew members and Hollywood media who worked on them.

Rides:

Transformers: You are recruited to join the Autobots in an effort to protect the AllSpark containment chamber. This chamber houses a glowing module, the lifeforce for all Transformers. Be prepared to help the Autobots in their showdown with the Decepticons.

Simpsons Ride: The Simpsons versus Sideshow Bob who seeks revenge against our beloved dysfunctional family at Krusyland? What more would anyone want? D'oh!

Jurassic Park in the Dark: What could be more frightful than Dinosaurs on the loose? How about Dinosaurs at loose at night! Enjoy this favorite ride during Halloween Horror Nights.

Revenge of the Mummy: Imhotep! Imhotep! Your soul belongs to him as you race though his cursed world in this indoor roller coaster. Be careful as you exit, the Undead Pharoh and his henchmen lay in wait.

Edited by AsylumSB

Wow, everyone had their events in quick!

With that said, you have until noon Sunday to make any alterations before we start our critiques!

If someone else wants to join in on the game, they have until noon Sunday to turn theirs in.

I'll be posting my judging critiques @ 7 PM on Sunday. Other judges: feel free to post any time after noon on Sunday when they're all finishing tweaking their events. Try not to turn them in later than Tuesday though so we can get right into the semi-finals for public voting!

Everyone did a great job on this one and I imagine there's going to be some VERY close scores. I personally have a favorite already but alas, they might not make it depending on the other judges scores on that event!

I also want to point out one last thing: contestants should remember the event is supposed to be the 2012 event. As much as I dig entirely original events and such, the ones that seem the most likely to be able to happen next year get a much easier score from me (which would probably be no more than half original mazes). Things like TrT and other lesser known films are getting a pass from me since the event has dived into original content this passed year just a tad but an entirely or majority original event would seem unlikely, although I'm sure people would still go and even like it a helluva lot. It's just I'm more partial to the event that's thinking business-wise and taking less risks on such a pricey event.

Wow, everyone had their events in quick!

With that said, you have until noon Sunday to make any alterations before we start our critiques!

If someone else wants to join in on the game, they have until noon Sunday to turn theirs in.

I'll be posting my judging critiques @ 7 PM on Sunday. Other judges: feel free to post any time after noon on Sunday when they're all finishing tweaking their events. Try not to turn them in later than Tuesday though so we can get right into the semi-finals for public voting!

Everyone did a great job on this one and I imagine there's going to be some VERY close scores. I personally have a favorite already but alas, they might not make it depending on the other judges scores on that event!

I also want to point out one last thing: contestants should remember the event is supposed to be the 2012 event. As much as I dig entirely original events and such, the ones that seem the most likely to be able to happen next year get a much easier score from me (which would probably be no more than half original mazes). Things like TrT and other lesser known films are getting a pass from me since the event has dived into original content this passed year just a tad but an entirely or majority original event would seem unlikely, although I'm sure people would still go and even like it a helluva lot. It's just I'm more partial to the event that's thinking business-wise and taking less risks on such a pricey event.

Judge DTH, I am guilty as charged and will scrap the entire event completely! (Just kidding :P ) While there will be tweaks, my event structure will remain mostly the same. I think the participants unanimously, and overwhelmingly, envision how Trick R Treat would make an awesome addition to HHNs: the Halloween themeing, diversity of the stories, the use of smaller, personal scares and overall "big picture" scope. The actual Halloween Horror Nights event has grown in attendance each year. Look at this year's event and the initial concerns: The Thing-old property, new movie yet to be released? Crappy Scarezone LaLlorona? Repeat of HOTC? Alice Cooper? Alice Cooper? Not even on the survey?!! Scream may have been the best known franchise and look how widely panned the Terror Tram turned out. Still, a success, and win-win for all. I actually think now would be a great time to add TRT for the event, before any thing changes at Universal that may alter the landscape of Halloween Horror Nights. Sorry, I was only going to post my first sentence, but had this thought, and ran with it!!

Just got on the computer. Finishing up the critiques. I know StabWounds is uber anxious so here's your critique haha

iLuvStabWounds

1. Creativity (20 points - One of the more creative pitches I've seen. Everything fits in it's place, even if it's not part of the story and none of the theme sticks out too much to the point where you feel you're being beaten over the head with it through every maze and scare zone. Everything is put together nicely, coherently and most importantly, creatively to make a very special and stand out HHN event)

2. Originality (10 points - Again, one of the more original events I've seen and even beats a few years of our own HHNH history. The ideas that seem a bit borrowed are presented in a new way, even. In example: killing kids at camp has been done... escaped lunatics killing kids at camp though? fresh!)

3. Theme (10 points - What a magnificent theme. The beauty is it could be either a small and quiet theme that relegates itself to one area of the park or it could be epic and big enough to take it over. Either way, this theme is well thought out and placed appropriately throughout the event and like I mentioned before, not to the point of exhaustion since many of the times the theme will only be represented in just "easter eggs." This is something an original icon at HHNH is desperately needing right now and would work great for 2012.)

4. Mazes (20 points - I can honestly say I'm in LOVE with each and every house on here. The only one I'm iffy about is Dementions but only because I don't know much about it but provided if you make it into the semi-finals, we'll get to hear more about it. Evil Dead, The Descent & Halloween are some of my top favorite horror films [well, not the Rob Zombie version...] I'm excited to read those treatments as well as Til Death Do Us Part, Initiation and your version of Psychoscarepy.)

5. Shows (8 points - I love that there's shows in places that don't take up a stage, which could make the environment more like things are coming to life around you as you're walking around instead of going into a room and sitting down, knowing something will happen. Getting rid of Bill and Ted is a bit sad, not sure if that's the route I'd go in for 2012 but since H&K just released a new movie and a TV show is in the works, it'd be the perfect time to integrate them. I docked 2 points because I don't think the Blues Brothers stage show will work with all the traffic in that area.)

6. Scare Zones (13 points - The entrance is brilliant and I could totally see that working. Everything else fits like a glove although I dock 2 points for re-using the camp theme although it connects with the maze perfectly but it's just seeing all these cool ideas and then that wasn't necessarily a let down, just wish there could've been more variety.]

7. Terror Tram (15 points - The Legendary Truth themed to different urban legends sounds like complete bad-assery from beginning to end. I believe I've read your treatment on it from before in one of the other threads and if that's any indication, this would be one of the best Terror Trams to date.)

Total: 96 points

Here are the rest:

Hauntfan

1. Creativity (20 points - It is undeniable how you creatively wove in Amy into the event. One too many times but still -- you made it work somehow and someway for each and everything.)

2. Originality (9 points - The event is pretty original and works and the mazes are well thought out however, the shows remain the same and the Bates house was "the same ol." Also, as fun as London, circa Jack the Ripper time period is, it's been quite a lot in these pitches but I won't dock too many points for that. Half a point off for the same shows, half point off for Baker St.)

3. Theme (8 points - Once again, undeniable that this theme is present throughout. However, I'm gonna mark it down 2 points for it being overbearing. I'm surprised it wasn't involved in the shows also. Consistancy is fine but sometimes it's good to take a break from theme or hide it in the shadows)

4. Mazes (16 points - We've recently seen the Poe maze about 2 or 3 times on the east coast but we haven't had it yet, so I still love the idea. Shadybrook sounds like the same ol' Asylum house so I'm not too jazzed about that. I didn't get much from the Paranormal Activity pitch because you were laying on the theme still and here it was a bit too thick. It never really sunk in if this was either PA with Amy/LT included or if it was solely just PA and it was cleverly worked into the theme [like Halloween was]. Another dud for me is Terrorland, which sounds pretty impossible for me, even if it is in a soundstage and would work better as a scarezone. I'd have to see the treatment for it to see how it would be pulled off -- but if you can pull it off, I think it could be awesome but I don't see how a theme like that could fit into a maze.)

5. Shows (10 points - Same ol' shows BUT at least there are shows present and places for people to go. Would've liked to see something new added in there but the quota was met.)

6. Scare Zones (13 points - Streets of Blood and Alien Attack are the only ones I'm not too excited for. Well, I mean, to see them in person would be great, but on the paper they don't do much for me. Everything else is 'wicked' awesome [pun intended]

7. Terror Tram (6 points - Re-use of the Reign of Terror name but both are unrelated [the scarezone one is as if it never ended during the French Revolution and the other is a Civil War here... whaaaa?] so THAT'S confusing. Again, nothing different or creative with the Psycho House is a bit disheartening, plus the same stuff we've seen at the motel for years now and The Wolfman seems like a continuation of that. I love the Willy Wonka thing though.)

Total: 82 points

AgentOfChaos93

1. Creativity (14 points - Some of the stuff is a bit weird but that's in it's benefit and it just may work with the HHN crowd. The FVJ theme is basically just a re-hash of the movie but set in HHN land so that's cool but nonetheless, it COULD'VE been different overall. The new show is creative but there's a lack of them and also the Pirate maze is something I've personally seen before and it was quite well done so I'm not too excited on HHN doing it.)

2. Originality (7 points - Well okay, we've seen F and J done to death but this is in a brand new and self aware way. The mazes and zones are new and different, whether they're a bit weird or not [like Western Street haha]. I personally would love it but I do have to admit it's not the most original thing in the world.

3. Theme (10 points - I know some of you may go, "whaaaaa?!" to this but I love the FVJ usage. The very fact that Freddy is fighting for HHN supremecy and we all know we're tired of him is brilliant and I'm sure the only way to end this fight is have them both die and be banished into history forever. On that note, perfect score for being a bit "meta" while still being horror film related. At this point, I could actually seeing them do something like this if they ever were allowed to do the FVJ theme.)

4. Mazes (15 points - With just 6 mazes and 1 show, I don't think the Dark maze would work just yet -- maybe if there was more to do so the park wouldn't be crowded in line for that. As said before, I'm not a fan of the Pirate maze. Everything else is pretty damn cool and I'd love to see. Plus with a lack of mazes, not including the HOH is hurting the score more than helping it.)

5. Shows (6 points - An original show but there's only one and it doesn't sound iconic as Bill and Ted, however I'd be interested in it but I don't think everyone else would be.)

6. Scare Zones (13 points - Love these scarezones but Night of the Beasts is a bit vague.)

7. Terror Tram (6 points - I needed a bit more info on the Terror Tram as to what I'd see exactly as it all seems a bit vague. Perhaps a story set up would've worked good here since we already know they're doing battle in their icon house, so what's going on here? I like the idea, just needs to be more thought out.)

Total: 71 points

Ridesandstuff

1. Creativity (14 points - Some nice creativity but a few ideas we've seen before and the property mazes are a bit similar in genre. Very creative event but it needed to be more fleshed out which is why it's dropped by a few more points.)

2. Originality (9 points - We've seen the theme before but there's some very interesting mazes in here, such as American Horror Stories which I think would be kick ass. Also some original shows and scare zones.)

3. Theme (9 points - Good theme that we all love and hope will one day happen that's represented in scarezone, maze and Terror Tram form although it's in ways we've seen in pitches before.)

4. Mazes (11 points - The original houses do sound interesting, although I am a bit more curious about Shifters, which was given a vague description -- they all actually could use a bit more information. The Ring, AHS and Insidious could probably be better off at different events though since they're all about ghosts, however, I like those properties.)

5. Shows (8 points - Some good shows here but I don't think Paul is big enough to get rid of Bill and Ted -- perhaps having him be the main theme of the B&T show would work though.)

6. Scare Zones (10 points - Great scarezones although Industrial & Carnage are a bit of retreats of familiar ideas.)

7. Terror Tram (11 points - I like the Terror Tram but the Wedding one is a bit bland and wouldn't excite me too much. Maybe if it was a honeymoon motel or something and there were more than one couple. Would've liked if you integrated a story in the whole thing as well since we already have the "respect tradition" story for everything else.)

Total: 72 points

AsylumSB

1. Creativity (17 points - Alot of creativity in what's shown but a lot of things are lacking. For example, the theme could've woven into the mazes a bit more and found a way to intergrate some current movie properties into them since this would be 2012 after all, especially a TrT house, which is the theme of the event. Another downer is the Terror Tram doesn't give me much.)

2. Originality (9.5 points - Very original, even the disco zombies zone which I don't like is great. Only peeve is the Witches of Salem knock-off zone.)

3. Theme (9 points - Great theme and yes we've seen it done quite a bit in these pitches but ofcourse never in real life yet and you also managed to incorporate how it fits in with everything with the opening although for it being TrT, it could've had a bit more influences.)

4. Mazes (11 points - I dig these mazes but out of the 6 of them, none of them stand out and make me say, "I have to go through that!" Could've used a really big property to pull me in, especially for a 2012 event. The weakest of them is Freaky's maze, which could've easily been switched out for a TrT maze. Also "the Fog" is a bit old now and I question Iron Maiden's relevence with today's crowds more than I do Alice Cooper's haha. Lincoln, Marvel & the cult horror ones sound cool but aren't BIG. With that said, only half of the mazes generate interest from me and even then, not quite alot)

5. Shows (8 points - Probably my favorite part of your event but the only problem is the use of the Gibson, which could easily be relocated. Abbott and Costello usage is awesome but I'm sure has no awareness with today's kids, as if Bill and Ted wasn't already fading out of memory. The VIP thing sounds exceptional as well. I love it all very much -- just not sure if it would work.)

6. Scare Zones (12 points - For such a big zone, and as much as I love it, the disco zombies aren't in the best place as it's more comedic than anything. Would've worked in a smaller corner of the park. I dig how you have HoH in the SZ area though, although I disagree with it but it does enhance the score here. Scarecrows, the TrT zones and scaramonies work well but I'm puzzled why you didn't go the property route and nab Lords of Salem instead of doing a knock-off zone?)

7. Terror Tram (7 points - The Terror Tram could've used way more description as it's all very vague. It says what to expect but doesn't tell me how it works with any of the locations and it doesn't tell me much about how it'll work with the story.)

Total: 73.5 points

Just got on the computer. Finishing up the critiques. I know StabWounds is uber anxious so here's your critique haha

iLuvStabWounds

1. Creativity (20 points - One of the more creative pitches I've seen. Everything fits in it's place, even if it's not part of the story and none of the theme sticks out too much to the point where you feel you're being beaten over the head with it through every maze and scare zone. Everything is put together nicely, coherently and most importantly, creatively to make a very special and stand out HHN event)

2. Originality (10 points - Again, one of the more original events I've seen and even beats a few years of our own HHNH history. The ideas that seem a bit borrowed are presented in a new way, even. In example: killing kids at camp has been done... escaped lunatics killing kids at camp though? fresh!)

3. Theme (10 points - What a magnificent theme. The beauty is it could be either a small and quiet theme that relegates itself to one area of the park or it could be epic and big enough to take it over. Either way, this theme is well thought out and placed appropriately throughout the event and like I mentioned before, not to the point of exhaustion since many of the times the theme will only be represented in just "easter eggs." This is something an original icon at HHNH is desperately needing right now and would work great for 2012.)

4. Mazes (20 points - I can honestly say I'm in LOVE with each and every house on here. The only one I'm iffy about is Dementions but only because I don't know much about it but provided if you make it into the semi-finals, we'll get to hear more about it. Evil Dead, The Descent & Halloween are some of my top favorite horror films [well, not the Rob Zombie version...] I'm excited to read those treatments as well as Til Death Do Us Part, Initiation and your version of Psychoscarepy.)

5. Shows (8 points - I love that there's shows in places that don't take up a stage, which could make the environment more like things are coming to life around you as you're walking around instead of going into a room and sitting down, knowing something will happen. Getting rid of Bill and Ted is a bit sad, not sure if that's the route I'd go in for 2012 but since H&K just released a new movie and a TV show is in the works, it'd be the perfect time to integrate them. I docked 2 points because I don't think the Blues Brothers stage show will work with all the traffic in that area.)

6. Scare Zones (13 points - The entrance is brilliant and I could totally see that working. Everything else fits like a glove although I dock 2 points for re-using the camp theme although it connects with the maze perfectly but it's just seeing all these cool ideas and then that wasn't necessarily a let down, just wish there could've been more variety.]

7. Terror Tram (15 points - The Legendary Truth themed to different urban legends sounds like complete bad-assery from beginning to end. I believe I've read your treatment on it from before in one of the other threads and if that's any indication, this would be one of the best Terror Trams to date.)

Glad that you really liked the event! I'll be working on my treatments pretty soon... but first I'd like to hear what the other judges have to say! :)

Here are the rest:

Hauntfan

1. Creativity (20 points - It is undeniable how you creatively wove in Amy into the event. One too many times but still -- you made it work somehow and someway for each and everything.)

2. Originality (9 points - The event is pretty original and works and the mazes are well thought out however, the shows remain the same and the Bates house was "the same ol." Also, as fun as London, circa Jack the Ripper time period is, it's been quite a lot in these pitches but I won't dock too many points for that. Half a point off for the same shows, half point off for Baker St.)

3. Theme (8 points - Once again, undeniable that this theme is present throughout. However, I'm gonna mark it down 2 points for it being overbearing. I'm surprised it wasn't involved in the shows also. Consistancy is fine but sometimes it's good to take a break from theme or hide it in the shadows)

4. Mazes (16 points - We've recently seen the Poe maze about 2 or 3 times on the east coast but we haven't had it yet, so I still love the idea. Shadybrook sounds like the same ol' Asylum house so I'm not too jazzed about that. I didn't get much from the Paranormal Activity pitch because you were laying on the theme still and here it was a bit too thick. It never really sunk in if this was either PA with Amy/LT included or if it was solely just PA and it was cleverly worked into the theme [like Halloween was]. Another dud for me is Terrorland, which sounds pretty impossible for me, even if it is in a soundstage and would work better as a scarezone. I'd have to see the treatment for it to see how it would be pulled off -- but if you can pull it off, I think it could be awesome but I don't see how a theme like that could fit into a maze.)

5. Shows (10 points - Same ol' shows BUT at least there are shows present and places for people to go. Would've liked to see something new added in there but the quota was met.)

6. Scare Zones (13 points - Streets of Blood and Alien Attack are the only ones I'm not too excited for. Well, I mean, to see them in person would be great, but on the paper they don't do much for me. Everything else is 'wicked' awesome [pun intended]

7. Terror Tram (6 points - Re-use of the Reign of Terror name but both are unrelated [the scarezone one is as if it never ended during the French Revolution and the other is a Civil War here... whaaaa?] so THAT'S confusing. Again, nothing different or creative with the Psycho House is a bit disheartening, plus the same stuff we've seen at the motel for years now and The Wolfman seems like a continuation of that. I love the Willy Wonka thing though.)

Total: 82 points

Thanks for the rating, really appreciate honesty. The Terrorland maze would take place mostly in the old funhouse at the amusement park. Sorry about the Reign of Terror, being two names, I guess I forgot I used the same name in the Terror Tram. The Amy theme was more or less just cleverly tied into the mazes, she however would make a cameo in PA, Shadybrook and Terrorland. The PA house was more of a clever tie in to the theme not directly related to Amy. She was just the original owner of the house. I'll explain these more in the treatments.

Edit: By saying the Psycho house is the same old, I meant Norman, there will be a maze there.

Edited by Hauntfan

BTW, it's sorta the same Terror Tram, but I'm going to make a few slight changes and adjustments.

Where the other judges at! I wanna know who's going into the semi-finals!

I know, right!? I wanna see if I'm going to make it to the semi-finals this time fer sure.

How many people go iinto the semi finals

We'll find out once StevenForTmrw and HHNemy post their critiques.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds