Creepiest character?

I found that I got of pretty cool responses to my asking what everyone's best scare moment was so I thought I'd ask this one too.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I spend whole nights at HHN parked in one spot watching the right scareactor.

To me, it has to be the guy in HHN08 who was playing a tree. I told the story elsewhere about he frightened a girl literally to the ground. Oh man. Classic.

What about you?

Probably the Usher. He's my favorite because he's not as big of a prescense as Jack or Caretaker. He just seems to be lurking in the shadows waiting to attack.

He's like a theater employee at an AMC who is lurking to make sure you didn't bring in your own snacks or drinks...

Hands down, the Caretaker. He reminds me of some creepy funeral director who would be keeping dead bodies around and selling out their parts to the highest bidder.

I'm actually shocked that you said The Caretaker Hush! I would have put money on you saying The Body Collectors (Gentleman). Hmmm, surprise surprise!

I'm actually shocked that you said The Caretaker Hush! I would have put money on you saying The Body Collectors (Gentleman). Hmmm, surprise surprise!

I don't find the Body Collectors creepy at all...those are the type of dudes I'd like to party with. Ya know go snatch a few bodies, yank out some spines, then go grab a pint or two together. :)

Talk all the shit you want, but, 2006 Jack. Back before he become a ringmaster.....

Also I agree with Lyn, The Caretaker is what got me into the event.

Originally Jack was the shit. Who isn't creeped out by a psychotic clown? But then he started getting used as an icon so often that the creep factor wore off. He just became like an annoying relative who always had to be part of things. "Oh great, Uncle Jack is here again trying to be all evil..."

The Caretaker, that man has issues.

I don't find the Body Collectors creepy at all...those are the type of dudes I'd like to party with. Ya know go snatch a few bodies, yank out some spines, then go grab a pint or two together. :)

That was amazing..not to mention..the Body Collectors were rather sexy..

ANYHOOO..

I found the Plague Doctors and the Usher quite creepy. I also find any character that has the creepy stare down.. ridiculously creepy..and those are the ones I like to avoid.. ha

Jack. no competition. although I have a horribly bad fear of clowns...It's turned into a full blown phobia, if someone even mentions them I get paranoid (ahhh the ways random childhood experiences affect you later on...) and Jack managed to put me into a full blown panic attack to the amusement of the girl working at the slushie cart I attempted to hide behind...

The Nightengales from this year are pretty terrifying. But from past events I would have to say the Director and the children from the Skoolhouse scare zone. Of course their appearances weren't creepy, but the fact that they could easily exist in the real world did it for me. That has always terrified me more than any supernatural character.

I think the creepiest may be the Director between his ads and just general feel when you saw him in the park. He seemed pretty realistic for a snuff film director. But the Nightingales got me this year and those masks are freaky and those scareactors dressed as doctors in Reflections of Fear. Hate doctors...

I think the creepiest may be the Director between his ads and just general feel when you saw him in the park. He seemed pretty realistic for a snuff film director. But the Nightingales got me this year and those masks are freaky and those scareactors dressed as doctors in Reflections of Fear. Hate doctors...

One of those doctors got All Up In My Grill all of a sudden and shouted "SAY HER NAME!!" then calmly walked back to where he was standing before doing that.

A lot of times they freak me out more when they're walking away. To me, that's more closely in line with the Madness I've seen in real life ... Perfectly docile, then suddenly screaming some gibberish. Then perfectly docile again, like nothing ever happened.

I thought of Heroin Bob from SLC Punk at that moment : "I hate doctors, man!!"

Even as bad as everyone said Mary's house was, that was the biggest scare I got that year. Really one of the best I've ever gotten . . . Because 1) it felt real - if that guy suddenly flipped out while at work, that would be exactly how it would happen and exactly how it would look to me and 2) he had 100 pounds and probably 6 inches on me, and I'm a pretty big dude. In other words, if he did in fact snap at that moment and decide that I would be a worthy target for hostility, it was going to be a messy fight I'd probably not win.

Luckily, I am Quick Thinker, Smoove Talker, so I was able to respond.

Guess what I said?

I said "no..."

But you know what? I still wonder what would've happened if I did say her name . . . . .

I would also have to say the skoolhouse children. Kids are creepy in general, factor in them abusing toys and all and it's just... yeah.. I also think the clowns from '07 at the gates and the mirrors in '08 were pretty creepy, and the gimp in Doomsday scared the bejeebers outta me. :s

• 3 months later...

So I read the first post and think "Definitely Body Collectors", because they were from the ultra-creepy Buffy episode "Hush".

But then as I'm reading the posts, someone brings up Caretaker and then I'm thinking "Yeah, definitely Caretaker". Then someone brings up Jack...and the list goes on.

So where do I stand at this moment? Definitely the Skool kids.

So let me try something here... How about Chance? I've always found her to be equal parts of creepy and sexy, and I'd really like to see her have her day at HHN.

I've got to agree with those who say The Caretaker. He may not be my "favorite" icon (that would still be The Director) but I have always maintained that he's the scariest. That voice... his look... living autopsies... sheesh. Just listen to the audio from the Screamhouse queue video. That is some scary, creepy stuff!

Jack has become like Freddy Krueger. Started out scary and now is just funny (almost a joke). People are more likely to hug him than run from him. :rolleyes: