HHN 2011: Alice Cooper's Welcome to My Nightmare

Freak

^ I'm sure Alice had his input!

AC: Make it scary.

JM: Right, right.

AC: Like, really scary.

JM: That's what we do.

AC: I'm trying to promote a new album with this.

JM: Got it.

AC: I want my image present at all times.

JM: So you want it to have iconic images that represent you?

AC: Yeah, you know that eye make up I wear?

JM: Ofcourse.

AC: Let's just put that - - on fuckin everything. I think people think it's scary.

JM: It's terrifying, Mr. Cooper.

AC: So the more of that, the better.

JM: Right, right.

AC: And when I say everything, I mean everything. I want the monsters to all be representative of me.

JM: So like an Alice Cooper maze like how we have a Jason or Freddy maze?

AC: Yes, just with different versions of me. And then the eye make up on everything else.

JM: You got it.

AC: So you heard the new album right? You gonna incorporate it into the maze?

JM: Yup, got it all mapped out, people will love it.

AC: Good... because I'm a scary guy and the eye make up sells it with my image, with the music playing, it'll be a good cross promotion.

JM: That's what we're aiming for.

AC: Other than that, go nuts.

JM: Will do! Yippee!!!!

This is HILARIOUS! :lol: And I know funny. I'm a clown fish...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay everyone, I have some breaking news! I hope to God I don't get banned for leaking this (and in case Uni is monitoring this - I didn't hear it from Trev).

SUPER-spoiler alert (DTH, I strongly urge you to skip this one):

On the Terror Tram, Ghostface will sport Alice Cooper Eyes and will sing "No More Mr. Nice Guy"

Really sorry if this ruins the surprise.

Okay everyone, I have some breaking news! I hope to God I don't get banned for leaking this (and in case Uni is monitoring this - I didn't hear it from Trev).

SUPER-spoiler alert (DTH, I strongly urge you to skip this one):

On the Terror Tram, Ghostface will sport Alice Cooper Eyes and will sing "No More Mr. Nice Guy"

Really sorry if this ruins the surprise.

hhahahaha I can imagine this ! lol

I have been listening to the original Welcome To My Nightmare (admittedly it's been years) and Welcome 2 My Nightmare and I am now retardedly stoked for this maze. The more I listen to this stuff and think about it the more I am convinced that this is one of the coolest and most original ideas ever implimented in HHN - Orlando included. Sure it's a fanboy's love letter but what better way to do justice to the material? That is really why HN Hollywood is so great - Murdy knows the source material inside and out and attacks it from a fan's POV so we end up getting the kind of experiences that we ourselves would design. I remember going through the first Friday maze back in '07 and I was simply blown away by the immersion and attention to detail. You could really tell that whoever designed the maze had an encyclopedic knowledge of the entire franchise as well as a more than firm grasp on what makes a haunted attraction tick. So who better than John to create a maze that really does justice to the mythology presented on the WTMN albums? Plus the idea of basing a maze on a concept album (and sneaking in a bunch of references to other Cooper works) is just an incredibly original and amazing move, the more I think about it.

It is a little odd that there are only 3 songs from WTMN featured in the maze's soundtrack (and none at all from the sequel) but the ones that they picked are perfect. And anyone who listens to W2MN cannot deny that it is a really fun record and maybe even Alice's best.. ever! I would buy this album based on the tracks Ghouls Gone Wild (with it's bubblegum pop groove and beach boys backups) and What Baby Wants (a hilariously effective duet with Ke$ha and basically an Alice Cooperfied club banger). It may not be quite as thematically focused or as creepy as the original album but it's way funnier and you'd be hard pressed to find a listen that was more fun than this.

Tomorrow can;t come soon enough! I think I will definitely hit this maze before Hostel.

The only line that I went through with it's time off was The Thing. It said 60 but it was really 30, LUCKILY. La Llorona was spot on though when I got through with 55 minutes and it even went into the Curious George play area. It had longer points throughout the night though as I was probably one of the luckier ones to get in before it was more than an hour.