The Final Curtain

keeper

With just tonight and tomorrow left we sadly bid farwell to Fear and his minions 'till next we meet. Although our time

together was short it will live on in the stories, thoughts, and memories that we share about this year.

This is not for reviews per say but more for your overall impressions of the event. Interactions, memories, the things

and emotions that you will remember long after the calendar tells us to stop remembering.

Still processing my thought here as it has been an emotional year for me. I have attended since year one and this

is the first year that I have done so without my wife. The hectic pace and walking is something she was just not up

to this year. Although she was a casual fan and only attended once each year she was as happy as anyone to

stomp out some Bohemian Rhapsody or scream in my ear while cutting off the circulation in my arm as we

stumble thru the dark. I love her dearly for the sacrafices she made of our rare alone time to let me enjoy the event.

Although I have purchased a FFP since it's inception, I rarely used it more that 2-3 times. One tour with the Mrs

and then a follow up quick solo visit to wander or catch a show a second time. A theme park is not designed as

a solotary environment and HHN even less so. This year I have gone 9 times (with hopefully a final visit tomorrow)

thanks to the stamina and enthusisum of my daughter. After many years of begging (being responsible parents

this was years after her friends were going) she attended her first HHN for the IOA/Terra Queen/Storyteller year

and we found that she had more of her dad than mom in her in this area and became a devoted fan. This year was

her first with a FFP and she has used the environment to work on many assignments from he photagraphy class.

This gave us the chance to really appreciate the scarezones like I never have before. She has also done her

share of cuting off the curculation in my arm many times so perhaps there's a bit of her mom in her after all ;)

I'm thankful that there was enough of the past in this event to give me the oppurtunity to pass along the tales of

Halloween's past to my daughter to help he appreciate the depth and layers there are to see. I'm thankful for all

the new friends I have met on the fan boards and facebook and look forward to meeting you all and reading of

your stories and memories here. You have made it so that no matter how many years pass seeing the image "XX"

will always bring a smile.

Excellent post! This was a fun year, and I really enjoyed reading about everyone's special moments and scares. I hope more people will come and share their memories on this thread. I would like to share some of my own... I tend to prattle on, so I apologize in advance for the wall 'o text. :blush:

This was my first Halloween Horror Nights, and it turned out to be everything I dreamed of and more. My friends will tell you that I am the biggest haunted attraction fan they know. I look forward to haunt season more than ANYTHING every year, and I am always searching for the best scares. And as far as HHN goes, I came to Orlando looking for the ultimate scare. I think I can safely say that I found it. Case in point: when I visit a haunt, I am pretty hard to scare. I'm usually at the front of the group, bravely plowing ahead of everyone else, or bringing up the rear because the rest of the group doesn't want to be followed. Prior to visiting HHN, few actors could get more than a jump out of me, none of them could get me to scream, and chainsaws? No reaction at all.

And then I went to HHN. Holy crap! I don't know what happened... maybe the other haunts were doing it wrong, or I just got caught up in the energy... but I got scared senseless every single night I attended. Almost every house and scarezone got me to scream, I RAN from numerous scareactors, the same scareactors got multiple scares on me throughout the weekend... it was crazy! My friends would have wondered what had gotten into me. But I loved every minute of it.

I had many great scares and memories over the four nights I attended the event, and I wish I could list them all, but here's a few of the best:

Not getting many scares in the houses my first night, then going into the scarezones and getting wrecked in every single one of them. The houses were fun, but I liked the scarezones a little more and had my best moments in them.

Going through Catacombs alone, what a treat! My first visit was not good, but this time I found out just how scary this house could be if you caught the scares (even worse when they're all directed at you!). After this, I didn't have another bad visit.

MrBungle repeatedly scaring the $%^& out of me throughout the weekend. It was so funny because he always caught me, despite my efforts to avoid him. In the same vein, me running from at least four guys with chainsaws, after I posted on this site that chainsaws didn't scare me :P

Lamenting my lack of scares from the Usher on Saturday (10/9), and then not only seeing him in Hallow'd Past my first time through that night, but also getting a scare from Cast A's in Fear Revealed (he actually got me to jump and yell!). Either he got the memo, or luck was on my side. Regardless, my night was made! :) He was also the last character I saw in Hallow'd Past on my final visit, which made me quite happy.

20 Years of Fear... I got so much "love" in this zone it was almost scary. lol! I always looked forward to my first trip through every night because I always got a warm "welcome" from the warehouse inhabitants. ;) Lots of memories here. Cast B's red haired cheerleader stalking me all night, Army chasing me through the zone a zillion times, Cast B Alice greeting me (yes dear, you truly are craaaazy :)), a couple of epic group scares... the list goes on. I had a cute moment with one of the Wolfies on my last night too. This zone was tons of fun, and I hope I see some of the same people next year.

In conclusion, I REALLY enjoyed this, it was the most fun I've EVER had in my life. Thank you to everyone who works this event for making my first HHN a very memorable one. I won't be able to come back every year, being out of state sucks like that, but I will definitely be a repeat customer!

it was my frist year at hnn this year. so i did love it was everything i dreamed about it being. it was fun to me overall. i loved it a big deal. i most remembered the effects of geting scared a big deal my frist night at hhn in many areas.i loved it so much. they kept picking me out i loved it so much. my most remembered moment was geting in hhn and fear revealed as a group of scareactors grouped around me it was so scary because they grouped around me and my dad while i was holding to him screaming it made my night. i loved that moment so much. overall i will remember this hhn a big deal because it being my frist and the grouped up scare was so fun.

As weird as it sounds i'm going to miss the smells of HHN. You know the smell just before you enter a house or when a fog machine blows right in your face. AHHH give me a moment...:D

i agree 100% with you there. If only I could get that smell everytime i walk into my own house.

But what I'll miss is all of the great scareactors that make the event what it is. The interaction between you guys in the visitors is priceless and multiplies the experience for me 1000x

i agree 100% with you there. If only I could get that smell everytime i walk into my own house.

But what I'll miss is all of the great scareactors that make the event what it is. The interaction between you guys in the visitors is priceless and multiplies the experience for me 1000x

I will definitely miss the people I've met who made my first year as a ScareActor one of the most memorable experiences of my life. This event has brought me so many new and amazing friends -- HAVOC - Cast A, represent for my Dogs! Other preformers at the grill, and also everyone I've met here on Nightmares. Saws n Steam, you all were amazing and I couldn't imagine New Yorkshire without you after HHNXX. The casts of 20 Years of Fear put up with sooo much and still busted their asses to make it look easy and win HOTY. You guys earned it. To all of the fun guests and true fans of Horror Nights, thank you. All of the hard work and dedication we put into this job is for your enjoyment and subsequent addiction. See you all next year! Same bat time, same bat station ;)

This is my first post. I wanted to say that I think this was an incredible HHN!! We have attended the last 4 years, but enjoyed this one the most.

I wanted to give out a very special thanks to all of the scareactors that went way out of their way for my wife and I. We felt that wearing the Horror Night Nightmares shirt allowed us to enjoy the event so much more so than previous years. There were so many special scares and interactions with the scareactors because of it and hearing the "Nightmares"! scream from many of them just brought a smile to our face and made things even more special.

I wanted to especially thank the The first and last Cindy in Orphanage, the troupe macabre clown, Alice, mad hatter, director, usher Jack and chainsaw guy from Horror nights Hallow'd Past, the entire cast of Havac, Catacombs and Hades.....you rock!! All of the scareactor sin all the houses and scare zones gave it their all and I for one really appreciated it! It's not an easy job by any means.

I don't know the name of the Character, but he was on stilts and had a white skeletal looking face at the beginning of HHN 20 years of fear, but you and pumpkin head made our event one of the most memorable. The way you stared at, surrounded and chased my wife each and every time we were there was unforgettable.

I wish there was a listing of who each scareactor was so we could look for them again next year in their new roles!

The day after the event is done each year is when I start thinking about and planning for the next HHN. I think the entire Universal HHN team did a fantastic job and look forward to whats to come!!

Lastly, thank you to all you on this site that offer your opinions, suggestions and memories! Your passion for this event is unique and unparalleled.

Keep up the great work,....its the only way I will make it til next year!!

I just want to thank all the scareactors in all the houses and scarezones. You all did you very best and even more. I got alot of scares and alot of fun memories. My favorite year, just everything about it was perfect.

Opening night I saw jack say to some kid with a cigarette yell at his face "Hey kid what are ya doing?! Your not even old enough to drive! get that shot outa here!"

My first run through in Hades will always be cherished. On my last night, my last scare was from one of the stilt walkers in Esqueleto Muerte, Thank you, by far my favorite zone. I would just spend loads of time in EM, its just creepy beautiful, hypnotic i would say. Every time I went through hallowd past

we always applaud at the body collector ripping out the girls spine. then him giving us a bow. Of course Ctas n Combs was amazing.

thank and cant wait for next year