HHN at the Islands

This has been discussed before, a few times, I asked the same question a while ago and almost everyone says its better in the Studios, and I also asked in the park and they told me it was better because the studios hold more people, I was never able to go and I also have the sorrow for missing it, I almost went in 05, but didn't, and, I still wish and hope they do at the Islands at least once again

I enjoyed it more. There are much more opportunities for the scareactors to get scares on people, and the scarezones were generally better imo. Houses had good placement and the lines weren't bad either. The only problems were 1) theming - It's hard to work when your entire park is themed around characters/shows/movies and 2) space - IOA doesn't hold that many people.

I liked it better though.

Yes, IOA is really like one big pathway and the streets are a little narrow. Plus you'd have to work around the contracts IOA has with the people: Like Suess' family won't allow scarezones or houses in Suess Landing, but they'll dim the lights; and who knows what kind of contract Rowling has to keep the same stuff out of Wizarding World, so you'd really be able to enjoy half the park if you're looking for the scarezones and houses. They did have a cool idea to have an Ancient Ruins house for the Dueling Dragons queue and you could see the castle and stuff as part of the theming for the house/queue: they talked about that in their VIP meeting as an idea they had in the air(and hopefully they bring back. An ancient ruins house would be awesome)

Edited by Leonardo Van IcePickasso

They did a lot of really cool things in IoA that they really wouldn't be able to pull off in the Studios that I really miss. They turned Triceratops Encounter, the JP Play area, and Poseidon's Fury all into individual houses in each of the separate years, where they used the pre-built lay-outs and day-time effects for the nighttime event. There aren't enough "walk-through" type attractions in the Studios that would make that work there. As stated before as well, the Islands had narrower paths, and is smaller, which allowed the streets to a more intense and seamless experience. I personally really miss it there. What they could do with the jungles of JP and the "city" of Marvel always impressed me.

I think Rowling wouldn't have a major problem with Deatheaters attacking the WWoHP for the event, but that wouldn't happen for a few years. Hopefully, it will go back there some day.

I think HHN at IOA was always great. The streets were tight allowing for great confrontation with scareactors, and the years we've had at IOA have produced some of the greatest houses in HHN history!

I wouldn't mind seeing it there again. Even with Wizarding World and Suess, we'd have about 5 scarezones, which is good enough seeing as how we always have a dead zone at Universal anyway.

• 2 months later...

During HHN: Tales of Terror, they actually did have scareactors in Seuss Landing. They were peak night performers (I think) and they were just in cloaks and didn't do much scaring. They mostly just looked creepy and were something else to have in Seuss Landing.

they should have double park again, IMO. it can happen, if they plan it right. i posted this on another thread in november, but ill repost it:

Have JP, Marvel, Toon Lagoon, and all of Uni open during the event(block off Potter, Seuss and LC).

put a SZ:

in the area between Seuss and the bridge to Marvel,

from the cafe across from Hulk to Toon Lagoon,

JP,

Plaza of the Stars path between Neutron and Shrek

infront of Disaster,

Hollywood Blvd.,

Sting alley and

Kid zone,

plus the pumpkins on the trees on the bridge from Mel's to Kid zone.

put a house:

Carnage Wearhouse

2 Sprung tents

JAWS extended Queue

Disaster extended Queue

Parade Building

3 SS's(one leading out from IOA so there's not just 1 house there)

(2 houses being extreme houses)

rides open:

Hulk

Spidey

Dr. DOOM

JP RV

Mummy

MIB

Simpsons

HRRR(if no problems:))

I know that sounds like a lot(which it is) and it would be VERY expensive, but if Uni were able to cut back on certain things from now until HHNXXV(like 5 SZ's instead of 6, 7 houses instead of 8, close rides during event), they could make a kick-ass 25th anniversary!