Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure

JackLover

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

!!!WARNING, SPOILERS ABOUND. YE HAVE BEEN WARNED. NO, REALLY, SERIOUS SPOILERS, IF YOU WANT A REVIEW WITHOUT SPOILERS, YOU AREN'T GETTING IT FROM ME.!!!

This year just seemed really off. Usually I love them to death, but it felt like it was just a bunch of whining about how horrible the movies were this year...every time something potentially awesome was going to happen, it didn't. It did have its moments though, and in my opinion was worth watching once. Maybe it'll get better as the even progresses. I certainly hope so. This is my first opening night, so I'm sure that it's probably like this every year. The few funny jokes they did have though were quite funny. And Woody from Toy Story, who I was totally expecting to see, was awesome...I think he was wearing a Meetz Meats mask lol. What killed it was the crappy villain (a producer or something at first, and then it turns out to REALLY be...dun dun dunnnn....Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. Not even a titter from the audience when it turned out to be him). Jersey shore characters were funny...Snooki kept getting punched....and my all time favorite was The Count.

The beginning with the "Bed Intruder" song was just pure epicness. After that though it was downhill. I think that the acting was on, but the plot and story...ehhhh. Not to mention the usual "break into dance" thing at the end was either a failed attempt at a mashup, or the singers were really singing and they were playing the wrong music in the background or...something. I dunno. Not only that but it was quite quiet compared to previous years, and just didn't have that usual bit of oomph to it. I really hope that it gets better, and that this is just usual first night stuff.

It's not that bad if you look at it from a different perspective.

Think of the show this year as being a parody of BILL & TED, rather than just pop culture. A lot of the jokes are actually meant to reference how formulaic the show is. Also, I can guarantee that a LOT of cuts were made. The Doctor, in particular, originally had a much larger role than just one scene.

Easily the worst year of Bill & Ted I've ever sat through. I'm not a harsh critic of Bill & Ted. If I get a couple of laughs in I'm happy but this year felt like it was in a rush to get over.

No more B&T for me this year.

I agree. I haven't enjoyed B&T since '06. This had to be the worst in story and jokes.

Copy/pasted from the opening night review. SPOILERS AHEAD.

Bill and Teds Excellent Halloween Adventure

After being spoiled with the epicness of last years performance, I've gotta say this year felt like they've gone back to their 2007/2008 routine. They introduce an actor, make a joke, and move on. There was no real joke continuity or flow. And most of the shows/singers/movies they showed I hadn't seen because they were all bad. I mean, I understand that's the point, but I'm not going to understand jokes from something that I don't want to watch. Last year had a lot of jokes from GOOD or extremely popular movies, so everyone got the jokes. This year was a serious letdown. There were a few good moments, but that was it I was really bored through most of the show to be honest. There was a huge abundance of cheap jokes to try and get an easy laugh. Something that a 6th grader may have laughed at. Maybe it's just me? I dunno. Go see it and decide for yourself.

Bottom line: 6/10. Go see it if you haven't anyway. It's good to see at least once. If I want to rest my feet this year, it will probably be done in a scarezone or at one of Brians shows (which I will be seeing tomorrow).

The Doctor Evil thing really killed it for me. Like, holy crap. Could they seriously not come up with anything better? And I'm really tired of seeing the same actors portrayed as themselves. OMG IM TOM CRUISE IM SO FUNNY LOL LOOK HOW BAD MY MOVIES ARE ISNT THIS HILARIOUS LOLOLOLOLOL

I didn't like it. Might see the final show on Halloween night to see if they change it up a bit, but until then I'll spend my time wandering the streets.

Bill and Ted...you are my favorite part of HHN, you are what I look forward to most every year. Bill and Ted...you broke my heart this year and yes I understand it still is very early, but I feel some major changes need to be made.

The beginning of the show was great intro wise, I was very happy to see the robot/computer voice guy again, that was a good throwback and all around had funny bits. Very nostalgic and actually moving with the montage and all...Then....well things got shitty real quick.

I'm a die-hard fan but I really feel like unloading on this topic...this show was a serious let-down.

I can see how this show is essentially a parody of itself and how the whole "joke on a joke" thing plays out but that doesn't make it funny or right. I feel like because this is Mike's last show he kinda did whatever he wanted to at the audience's expense.

The overall vibe of this show was, "lets take a bunch of cheap shots a celebs as fast as we can in 30 minutes whether or not they're relevant or even funny." I feel like Mike wrote this show last minute or something, it felt extremely forced and rushed at the same time. The magic that was there last year is SORELY missing and MISSED dearly.The jokes were not funny and where forced. There where marks missed and lip-syncs not in sync. Terrible "villain" although I could see how this entire show could possibly reflect Mike's actual experiences writing and directing this show through the years....idk.

Just a lot of mess and awkward silent moments. Shitty characters, a lot of which left people around me clueless. A lot of "who's that...." chatter.

No chemistry in within in the cast and no real moments to let that happen. No flow or story...just really frustrating, I can't say much more without repeating myself, I want to say more but there is no point.

MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!

Another disapointing BnT Show. It started out with great potential but quickly started treading water within the first 15 minutes after the opening dance number.

Negatives: Lady Gaga joke was weird, Hit Girl missed the mark, wut was up with Gibson (?), a lame movie producer as the villain (???!!!!!!!), Dr. Evil only seen via Video, lame Airbender Joke, and the whole thing felt rushed. The positives though, were great opening and closing dances (Best closing dance I've seen), Loved the Bieber jokes, Joonice was great (BUBBLES!!!!!!.....Boom goes the dynamite), surprise MacGruber appearance was satisfying but I wanted to see him more, Bill and Ted were Aesome (as usual), great old spice joke, and a neat climax

I feel that Mike Aiello didn't have much time to come up with a great script for Bill and Ted this year and was rushed for time, resulting in the mess I viewed on opening night. I realize the actors were still trying to find the sweet spots, but the script at the moment doesn't help them much. I hope that the show ( AND SCRIPT....CHANGE IT UNIVERSAL!!!!!!!) are continually refined over the course of the event. I'll give it another try on my return trip, but my hopes aren't very high. For the time being it gets a D.

Apparently I'm the only one who enjoyed the show. It wasn't the greatest (2006), but I've seen far worse. There are some dead spots and awkward moments (acting) that they need to work on, but I thought the funny parts were REALLY funny. The only thing I really dislike is the use of characters they already spoofed and the missed opportunity to use some better characters from this year. Overall, I didn't come away disappointed.

I enjoyed the show. Sure it wasn't the best, but I found the jokes to be funny. It was, however, missing the key element of Bill and Ted: throwing characters from completely different universes together and seeing the hilarity that comes out.

For me, the show went like this:

Funny intro

Great dance'

Funny B&T intro stuff

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

Lame intro

Funny bit

Character runs away

A terrible "twist"

A pointless resolution

A dance number that needs to be changed, stat.

The end.

My friends (who are all casual fans of the event and attended last year) said this year's show was trash - I'm inclined to agree with them. The Count was a fun surprise but dragged, Pecker was amusing but dragged, Hit Girl was good, Justin Bieber was good... everything else was honestly lame. Call it a parody of a parody all you want, but this didn't work so well. The chemistry between characters of different universes is what makes this show special and fun. And what the hell was with that godawful mixing for the final dances!? Telephone with California Gurls? What? Give us the songs straight, no need to try to remix everything - give us 30 seconds of each song and move on, hitting as many of the hits as you can. And don't bring back Bon Jovi for some random reason.

The show was meant to be a parody of itself. The whole "actor comes in, joke told, actor runs out" was a joke on how every B&T show has had that about a dozen times. Some of the lines definitely parody it.

The show wasn't written in a rush, but it definitely had a LOT of changes. The Doctor, for example, was supposed to have a much larger role. His joke about exceeding the time he can be on stage was about that.

I give this show a D-

The only thing that kept it from being an F, was, the guy who played "The Situation." He was talented, full of energy and was holding up the show, other than Bill and Ted, who are always great. I feel bad for the cast, because they are great performers...not great...AMAZING performers and they are left with this crap show to celebrate the 20th anniversary? Aiello is the man and has been for years by providing a great product, but I'm hoping this is just a fluke and not his "well it's my last show before I hand it off to someone else," show. The actors and the audience deserve alot better.

First off, the whole thing with the theater, or universal blowing up for that matter, is really old. How about a virus, or erasing all of the best movies from the past 20 years from existence. Even a reunion show would have been better. Since there is such a great divide over who likes and dislikes LOST, an entire show themed after it would have been amazing...especially with TIME TRAVEL? I mean come on, it's like the pins were set up but they threw a gutterball. I love LOST but there are so many opportunities to make fun of it, with the pirate ship wheel and the bad acting when the island is warping through time.

Secondly, there are so many movies and pop culture that could have been ripped. Harry Potter anyone? We have the license, not sure if it's for just the park, but I'm sure we can parody something. Book of Eli, Alice In Wonderland, SHREK?????, Clash of the Titans, Legion and The Tooth Fairy mixed, The Wolfman?, Cop Out, Repo Men, Robin Hood, Get Him To The Greek, SALT, Step Up 3D (could have made fun of the 3D craze in general), Expendables...and finally INCEPTION. WHERE WERE THE CHARACTERS / STORY / REFERENCES OF INCEPTION? That's just film too.

Thirdly, if they were attempting to parody the B and T show, make that clear from the start. Although I don't think that's the direction they need to go, it's better to explain that then just let it ride. The audience was not into it and looked really confused as to what was going on.

I trust in the creative team to make proper adjustments, because this event is just too good to have this be the sore spot.

While leaving the theater it was pretty much a communal experience. I could over hear people walking away saying "That was terrible." So many missed opportunities. I'm just happy I have more time for houses and scarezones for the rest of the event.

Yeah def A LOT of missed opportunities, perfect way of describing it. So many things could be done differently. I can't believe they didn't touch on Tiger Woods, or even the Jet Blue employee, fuck Mel Gibson, old news and not funny, fuck Lohan and fuck Tom Cruise. Lame... Get Him to the Greek would have been cool. I loved that movie. Aldous Snow is a Rocker man, he could have made SOME sort of appearance, or Scott Pilgrim idk...something....

Time will tell, I guarantee we will see major changes come Thursday.

I know from speaking with Mike and the cast after the event Friday night, they wasn't happy about some things. Mike was in the booth for the third show which was my show. He was making some faces, I'll say that.