FEAR The Action Figure

the follower

So this had become sort of a tradition for me, back on vault, and now that there are numerous photos of Fear available... so I'm starting this thread by asking, no, BEGGING the mods not to move it to Fan Art, (at least not until the event is over)... PEASE???

That said, for those who aren't familiar with what this is, I should clarify that this is NOT an actual figure available for sale. Rather, its a tradition I've kept up with where I convert an action figure (old stuff from my childhood) into a Halloween Horror Nights character/icon. In the past I've done Jack, The Caretaker, The Director, Eddie, The Storyteller, Bloody Mary, and The Usher (all of which I'll repost here, later, when I'm not at work). So now thanks to the Media Gift photo and photos from the employee preview I'm just about ready to start working on Fear (this is the part where I beg to keep the thread in the main HHHXX forum again). I'll be updating on an irregular basis with photos and detailed descriptions of the process it takes to create the figure, and comments/criticism are accepted and appreciated. The thread is also open to anyone interested in posting their own creations, for example, two years ago while I was detailing the Bloody Mary figure, other users were recreating the Dr. Agana Journal... (does anyone dare recreate the Lantern??)

So expect the first update on my progress sometime between today and Saturday, but most likely not tomorrow as I'll be a little preoccupied with opening night, where I'll be taking as many photos of that monster as possible... I have a strong feeling that this will take a LOT of reference photos for success.

Edited by the follower

yeah I remember, your figures look Really good, I really liked the Usher, I hope to see your figures again, do you have Flickr?

well anyways, since you said about our own creations, I made a Cindy doll, well, not made, I collect Living Dead dolls and realized one of them kinda looked like Cindy, so I bought a black dress and made her the white hair piece,

so here is Cindy:

C4RKC.jpg

eNlHV.jpg

Edited by black7mask

That's VERY cool! I had seen this on FB and was intrigued, i wasn't sure if it was a custom, or if the doll had come that way. I've been planing a Cindy for a few years (I never would have thought to use a LDD) and have never gotten around to it. I'm hoping now that I've graduated I'll have time to make a few extra figures this year... Which I'll reveal once Fear is finished.

And I've chosen a figure I'll be using for PART of the fear figure. So I might as well call this:

UPDATE no.1

BWAF.jpg

stock photo

This is the Movie Maniacs Blair Witch figure, which I've had since elementary school (I was a creepy kid I guess). I've decided her arm, face and legs will be perfect for Fear.

So I'll start by removing those assets, cut off her horns, and file down the excess. I may have to do some sculpting to get the head to be the proper shape. The left arm will also require minimal sculpting to achieve the look of skin peeling away to reveal bark. As for the legs, I'm aware that Fear wears a robe around the entire lower half of his body, but I'd like there to be a sturdy support underneath that will fit thematically with the rest of the figure, should someone choose to peek under his skirt (PERV!).

I'm going to need to buy a shirtless male figure, as I have nothing left to really work with from my childhood. I'm thinking a wrestling figure? I mean, Fear is pretty buff...

Well, here's to next time! (invsible toast)

Edited by the follower

yeah I remember, your figures look Really good, I really liked the Usher, I hope to see your figures again, do you have Flickr?

well anyways, since you said about our own creations, I made a Cindy doll, well, not made, I collect Living Dead dolls and realized one of them kinda looked like Cindy, so I bought a black dress and made her the white hair piece,

so here is Cindy:

What doll is this? MUST get one! :)

• 1 month later...

Ok so I forgot all about this and Mark, the name of the doll is Violet, but she comes in a Blue dress so I had to change her look,

and also, My friend Made a Plague doctor! LoL but she did it before the event, pure coincidence but awesome nonetheless

jm0jK.jpg

I also was thinking of making a Chance doll, seems a little hard but, I might try

Well I wish I could make all the Icons, but it might be really hard, well there was a Bloody Mary Doll that came out, and dolls that resemble the children of the orfanage

danNP.jpg4boS8.jpg

I wonder how follower's Fear doll came out

Edited by black7mask

• 5 months later...